Art publishing is a big business. Have you explored licensing your images for print? This podcast sorts out the basics. What you will learn:
1. What it means to license your art (how it works, contractual permission, etc - a broad overview)
2. How to create art that works for licensing
3. How long it takes to make money
4. Basic expectations manufacturers have of artists who license their art (digital files, website, etc)
5. Some day-to-day realities of life in the art licensing industry (lots of competition, art changes, deadlines, quick turnaround requests, often no response to submissions...)
Our guest is artist Tara Reed who founded her art licensing business in 2004. She creates art that helps sell products, teaches artists about the business side of licensing and blogs about licensing at www.ArtLicensingBlog.com. She serves on the Advisor Board of SURTEX, a premier trade show for the art licensing industry.