Roy Costa is the founder and owner of the consulting firm Environ Health Associates, Inc.
Mr. Costa is a registered professional sanitarian with more than 30 years of environmental
health practice in the academic, government and private sectors. Mr. Costa is a food safety
consultant, educator, auditor and expert, with international experience.
Mr. Costa’s dynamic practice specializes in the prevention and control of contaminates that
may be transmitted through food, environmental surfaces and water.
2. What is a foodborne illness?
3. What are contamination sources by microbes?
4. What is an outbreak?
5. How is an outbreak diagnosed or declared?
6. What is an epidemiologic investigation?
7. What are notifications the public, recalls of products, stopping of the sale of products and/or closing of affected businesses?
8. What are the tools of identifying the causes of a foodborne illness outbreak?
9. How does the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point, (HACCP) analysis help reduce outbreaks?
10. Recent cases.
Roy E Costa R.S., M.S.(M.B.A.)
Public Health Sanitarian and Consultant
Environ Health Associates, Inc.