Why Most Goal-Setting Fails
Here are five reasons why most people fail to reach their goals:
1. Wish List and Cross Your Fingers You cannot simply write down a list of wants on New Year’s Day, stick it in a drawer for the rest of the year and wait around for your life to change.
2. Clear as Mud Your goals have to be crystal clear. You have to give clear instructions to your brain in order for it to see and ‘draw’ into your life what you need to accomplish your goals. Just like the combination on a lock or the digits in a phone number or an ATM code, if the instructions are off by only one digit, they won’t work.
3. All Talk Proclaiming your goal is just the starting point. Now you have to actually draw a map for exactly how you are going to get there and define the resources you’ll need to arrive safely.
4. Houston We Have a Problem You must have your own command and control system to keep on track along your journey into the unknown.
5. Lack of Reinforcements And don’t forget the support and guidance of people and resources you will need along the way. Before marching blindly into the next year, the first, and most important, activity is to take a look back at the year just finished. Take an inventory, add it all up and see how you did.
The orginal writting was done my Mr. Darren Hardy - Success Magazine.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.