Call in to speak with the host
5) Flexitarianism--a lot of listeners realize that eating vegetarian is healthier, cheaper and better for the planet. But what if you really don't want to give up meat? (Or are cooking for a family that refuses to go vegetarian.) Try flexitarianism! It's a way to drastically reduce your intake of meat and increase your vegetable consumption. Many flexitarians consider this the best way to "have their cake and eat it too." We'll talk about simple ways to reduce meat, and will provide simple vegetarian recipes.
4) Curtailing wastefulness. In past years, you may not have thought twice about throwing away leftovers. Now you see them as an integral part to your family's bottom line. We'll cover how to store food properly and how to turn yesterday's dinner into today's lunch. We'll also touch on preserving, the age-old art that's making a serious comeback.
3) Low inflammation foods. A whole host of diseases, from cancer to heart disease to arthritis, are now being attributed to inflammation in the body. We'll talk about what's involved in a low-inflammation diet, and give some low-inflammation recipes.
2) Simplicity. Gone are the days (at least temporarily) of exotic ingredients and overly complicated cooking techniques. Restaurant cooks, as well as home cooks, are finding that comfort food is a huge hit. Listen in to find out what homestyle dishes are the hottest and how you can fix them for yourself.
1) Cooking at home. This is the #1 food trend and it's tied directly to the economy. Learn which basic techniques you should know and what staples to always have on hand.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
old-style code for hosted blogs
300 x 295
400 x 370
640 x 550
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.