Call in to speak with the host
The Naperville Beat is a weekly Internet radio podcast covering what is going on in Naperville area business, culture and society. We tell the stories of our friends, neighbors and community leaders. In this episode Naperville resident Glessna Coisson shares the Naperville Independent Film Festival.
Topics covered on this show:
1) Nick’s report on St. Patrick’s Day in Naperville;
2) Origin and history of Naperville Independent Film Festival;
3) Naperville Independent Film Festival statement of purpose and not-for-profit status;
4) How Naperville Independent Film Festival can inspire young filmmakers;
5) Naperville Independent Film Festival events and participation in community events;
6) What does Naperville Independent Film Festival have in store for 2013 and beyond?
After 23 years of marriage, Glessna Coisson became a widow at age 42. After meeting her second husband, Edmond, she became involved with the movie industry, because of his work in films. They began entering film festivals, and she jokingly said "we should start our OWN film festival," and they laughed. Four months later, she said it again, and they didn't laugh. The wheels started turning and many people saw her vision. This is how the Naperville Independent Film Festival (NIFF) was born.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
old-style code for hosted blogs
300 x 295
400 x 370
640 x 550
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.