Popular in Technology
For the last part of our series on social media rules, we're focusing on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Social media rules for Twitter
- No to keyword-stuffing. Before posting a tweet, try saying it out loud first then think of how human or how robotic it sounds. A tweet stuffed with targeted keywords will always sound weird to human ears -- and will probably hurt the eyes, too. Strike a balance by concentrating on just 1 or 2 keywords in every tweet.
- Never automate. One of the most annoying things for users is seeing a brand answer their praises with a generic "Thank you!" and respond to their concerns with "I'll get back to you soon". This becomes even more infuriating for them if a huge issue comes up and all they can see in the brand's timeline is the same generic reply to every single user complaint. Give your social account a friendly character by giving more personalized responses to users' tweets. Remember that making them feel special is the key in developing a strong fan base.
- Leave room for a reply. Some users like to RT manually and then insert their reply at the end. And if you want them to love you, always be mindful of going over the 100-character mark.
As always, feel free to contact us if you're planning of kicking off a social media campaign for you or your brand. Or just drop by to say hi -- that works, too! But seriously, we would love to hear from you.
Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Motivational Speaker and Entrepreneur, Sharon L. Simmons has created the ultimate guide for building your OWN App! As the CEO of software company, Trafalgar Solutions, and developer of her own iGot'em App (Available on iTunes), Simmons teaches you, step-by-step, you'll need this tool to build the amazing App that you've always dreamed of having! If you don't code this book will help you get your thoughts organized, help you with research and prepare you for your developer. The iGot'em App is global and yours can be, too! We invite you to Join Our Monthly Discussion, we ask you to 1) Purchase the Book 2) Join Our Text Contact List - Text the Word "Launch" to 41411 from your smartphone 3) Dial in for our live Q&A with the Author and TWEET Up with us an hour afterwards #TechXOChat http://www.amazon.com/Get-App-Outta-Your-Head-ebook/dp/B00LIOPMU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422317249&sr=8-1&keywords=get+the+app+outta+your+head&pebp=1422317256675&peasin=B00LIOPMU0
Do you have a question about your career and employment options in I.T.? Would you like to know how to move up the corporate ladder? Do you want to understand various Options and career paths within I.T? This is an episode you won't want to miss.
If you are in I.T. or pursuing a career in I.T. - Send your career dilemma and challenges to firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen. Learn. Leverage. Launch.
CALLING ALL Tech Expresso #Grinders Innovators and Inventors!
Even if you are still in the idea stage - Call in 714-888-7506 during our show and you can pitch your idea, your app, your business idea or even a book you are authoring.
Practise your elevator speech and promote your start-up. We'll give each caller 10-15 minutes to talk and we'll ask questions. The best ideas will get invited back to do a full half hour to hour show.
Use this opportunity to get exposure to potential customers, supporters and sponsors. #PracticeYour Pitch #NeverKnowWhoisListening
We will give you feedback and guidance - email us @ email@example.com for more information about our Open Mic Episode and Small Business Incubator of Ideas!
This program will be featuring my Subject Tracer™ titled Intrapreneurial Resources. We will be highlighting the latest and greatest intrapreneur sources covering search engines, subject directories, articles, guides and tracers - literally everything needed for the intrapreneur for your business or non-for-profit group!!! We will also discussing my latest freely available Awareness Watch Newsletter V13N5 May 2015 featuring Business Intelligence Online Resources 2015 and my freely available May 2015 Zillman Column highlighting my eMarketing MiniGuide 2015. You may call in to ask your questions at (718)508-9839. The show is live and thirty minutes in length starting at 2:00pm EST on Saturday, May 23, 2015 and then archived for easy review and access. Listen, Call and Enjoy!!
We love technology. Without the Internets, how could we offer 35,000 new shows a month to listen to, playback and download? Technology is so pervasive, we treat our devices like trusty companions, carrying them around with us, and going through withdrawal when they're recharging or misplaced. We discipline our children by taking away electronic privileges. We check tech blogs and forums for PC and Mac rumors. And just when we've geeked out on the latest-and-greatest gadgets, our eyes widen at the glimpse of what will quickly usurp them. Can't make it to SXSW, CTIA, CES and other trade shows? Our hosts take you there. Unsure which operating systems, software or apps are worth your time and money? Get expert advice from bestselling authors, CTOs and leading technologists on product news, e-learning, cloud computing, cameras, home entertainment, camcorders, iPhones, Androids, BlackBerrys, PlayStation, Wii, tablets, iPods and everything keeping our lives in sync.
Join Host Live Chats
- SOTT Radio Network (34 chatters)
- Southern Sense Talk Radio (12 chatters)
- Progress in the World (6 chatters)
- Callywood (5 chatters)
- Habs360 (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (3 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Mentorman (2 chatters)
- PSH Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (2 chatters)
- Empowerment Coaching Radio (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- In Todays America (1 chatters)
- Charles Internatl House Music (1 chatters)
- 3 Women 3 Ways (1 chatters)
- ADR CoXHost (1 chatters)