In a recent post by Weronika Costas she doccumented stories that have never been brought to my attention. It's something that we as Americans need to know about with regards to Immigration.
Day #1 - Dilley TX family detention center facts:
1. This internment camp is currently detaining over 1779 women and children.
2. Every, I mean EVERY child detained here is sick: nasty cough, diarrhea, vomiting, fever.
3. Medical treatment offered to the children: wait 3-5 hour to see clinic, "drink more water", vicks, honey.
4. We (volunteers on sight) are told not to drink the tap water due to dangerously high levels of arsenic it contains - yet its ok to have 2 and 4 year old babies with ongoing illnesses and digestive problems drink it??
5. CCA (correctional corporation of america) runs the detention center, and is paid $300 per day per person by the US government, making an estimated $15-20 MILLION dollars a month!!!
6. CCA's sister company runs the GPS ankle shackles which women are being coerced by iCE officials into Accepting in order to be releases (i.e. Lying about the time it will take to get a bond heating with the judge AND lying that the bond amount will be egregiously high, both untrue; or giving false promises that the shackle will be removed
In 5 days, when in fact it can remain for months and even over a year)
6. Sample of women from whose detention CCA is profiting: victims of egregious domestic violence, women who had been forced into prostitution / human trafficking victim, young woman receiving death threats from gang after having witnessed the gang beat and kill victims in a coffee field adjacent to her home, young woman being tagged as MS-13 property and being threatened to be killed if disobey/ disrespect the gang...we attended to about 140 such women today.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register