SORT BY Relevancy
AreYouScreening.com host and BFCA film critic, Marc Eastman, and co-host extraordinaire, Shane Leonard, review Zero Dark Thirty and Gangster Squad.
It's huge end of year buzz vs. poor critical reception ringing in the new year this week, and we're looking forward to a very fun show.
We'll give you a hint, we didn't love Zero Dark Thirty.
We'll also be talking a bit about our reaction to the Critics' Choice Movie Awards.
Paul Ottosson is a three time Academy Award winner. Over the years he has worked on dozens of films such as Men In Black 3 and also smaller independent films. Hw was awarded Academy Awards for Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty and garnered an additional nomination for Spider-Man 2. He was also awarded an Emmy for Rats. Credits: White House Down, upcoming 7500, Anonymous, The Messengers, 2012, Drag Me To Hell, The Grudge, S.W.A.T Stranger Than Fiction to name but a few. He has worked with acclaimed Directors Roland Emmerich, Kathryn Bigelow, Barry Sonnenfeld, Sam Raimi. You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @123Film
Following a remarkable career as a stills photographer, Greig began working as a cinematographer with the highly acclaimed production company Exit Films. During his time there, Greig was responsible for defining the unique visual look behind many of Exit Films’ award winning productions. Major national and international TVC campaigns, a number of acclaimed music videos, and long form works including the documentary P.I.N.S. (MIFF, 2001) for director Garth Davis.Greig shot the feature film OUT OF THE BLUE for director Robert Sarkies and producers Tim White and Steven O'Meagher, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival; and the short film CROSSBOW, for writer/director David Michôd. Following this, Greig shot THE LADY BUG, a short film directed by Jane Campion for the 60th Cannes Film Festival anniversary, as part of a cinema collective directed by previous Palme d’Or winners. Other recent credits include the short film NEVERLAND DWARF for director David Michôd; SPIDER for director/actor Joel Edgerton and 2nd unit Director of Photography for Baz Luhrmann’s feature film AUSTRALIA . Collaborated again with Jane Campion, shooting her highly acclaimed feature film BRIGHT STAR in London . Following on from this, Greig shot Glendyn Ivin’s first feature film, LAST RIDE; he collaborated with Scott Hicks, shooting his feature THE BOYS ARE BACK, starring Clive Owen and shot the highly anticipated film LET ME IN, with director Matt Reeves, which premiered at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival. Greig kicked off 2012 shooting Kathryn Bigelow’s feature about Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan called ZERO DARK THIRTY. Prior to this Greig shot SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN for director Rupert Sanders and KILLING THEM SOFTLY with director Andrew Dominik. His next project is with director Bennet Miller, FOX CATCHER. You can email your questions to email@example.com Link: www.123FilmEasy.com. Follow us on Twitter @123Film
Gaëlle Cohen is an internationally acclaimed stunt coordinator and performer who has worked on over sixty film and television productions. A native of France, she was recently featured in the award-winning smash ZERO DARK THIRTY.
Her stunt credits include ZERO DARK THIRTY, SAHARA, RUSH HOUR 3, BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF; BABYLON AD, OSS 117, MARTYRS. and the upcoming disaster thriller BLACK SKY. As stunt performer, Cohen has doubled for such luminary figures as Sophie Marceau and Penelope Cruz.
Cohen earned a law degree, then, as member of the French National Fencing team, she got her showbiz start performing fight sequences for the television show HIGHLANDER in 1995.
Gaelle speaks French, German, Italian, and English; and among her stunt and athletic skills are Ratchets, High Fall, Squibs, Air Rams, Horseback Riding, Fight-Guy/Gal, Reactions, Wire Work, Hong Kong Wire Work, Fire Burns, Weapons, Car Hits, I Ground Pound, Motion Capture, Motorcycle Falls, Medium and Low Falls, Martial Arts, Weapons, Horse Transfers and Falls, Camel Rider, Descender, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Fencing, Snow Skiing, Yoga, Rock Climbing, Archery, and Jousting!
As stunt coordinator, her signature action sequences have captured attention within the industry for their earthy realism. THE TALL MAN, a suspense thriller starring Jessica Biel, marks her second collaboration with acclaimed French director, Pascal Laugier.
On this week's show we'll be joined by the "Cinema Siren" Leslie Combemale to discuss two films steeped in controversy. The first is Kathryn Bigelow's acclaimed 'Zero Dark Thirty', which has been picking up awards faster than you can say "congressional inquiry". The second is the star-studded mobster flick 'Gangster Squad' with Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, and Sean Penn.
We'll also be joined by Flixist's Matthew Razak to talk about any surprises in the Academy Awards nominations. Who got the most love? Who got the shaft?
I welcome your thoughts so feel free to call in and join the discussion, or log in to the chat room and let your voice be heard there!
Chris has collaborated creatively with Image Engine since 2011. He brings experience spanning a broad range of projects around the world, a dedication to artistic excellence and a track record of production efficiency. Chris has recently spent many years at Prime Focus, where he held increasingly responsible positions, including Visual Effects Supervisor, Global Head of 3D and Facilities Supervisor; working on projects including The A Team; Superman; X-Men 3 and The Fantastic Four Series. Chris contributes considerable stereoscopic expertise to the company. Previous projects range from the groundbreaking Journey to the Center of the Earth to Tron: Legacy, and he played a critical role as Stereoscopic Consultant at Prime Focus for Avatar, where he helped to advance the company’s stereo pipelines and best practices. Also known as a creature specialist, Chris has extensive creative and technical experience in this area, pioneering new creature technologies for film and games. This was recently called into play at Image Engine, as Visual Effects Supervisor on Battleship, where he led the development of the alien ‘Thug’ character. Chris recently supervised Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty (Universal Pictures, 2012) which earned him a VES Award nomination in the category of Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Feature Motion Picture. He is currently serving as the Digital Effects Supervisor forR.I.P.D. (Universal Pictures, 2013) and the Visual Effects Supervisor for The Fast and The Furious 6 (Universal Pictures, 2013).You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org Link: www.123FilmEasy.com. Follow us on Twitter @123Film
DO YOU ACTUALLY BELEIVE BIN LADEN WAS CAPTURED ALIVE IN A NIGHT-TIME RAID LAST YEAR AND THEN PUT TO SEE IN A plaster-like mummy wrap ???
Opened January 11, 2013 (Opened Limited 12/19 NY/LA) 2 hr 37 min R | Language, Brutal Disturbing Images and Strong Violence Following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Osama bin Laden becomes one of the most-wanted men on the planet. The worldwide manhunt for the terrorist leader occupies the resources and attention of two U.S. presidential administrations. Ultimately, it is the work of a dedicated female operative (Jessica Chastain) that proves instrumental in finally locating bin Laden. In May 2011, elite Navy SEALs launch a nighttime strike against bin Laden's compound in Pakistan, killing him.
Cast: Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain, Edgar Ramirez, Kyle Chandler, Mark Strong, Chris Pratt, James Gandolfini Director: Kathryn Bigelow Genres: Action/Adventure, Suspense/Thriller
On this week’s edition of Scottscope Talk Radio, the roundtable takes aim at Kathryn Bigelow’s latest, Zero Dark Thirty! Is it as a worthy follow-up to The Hurt Locker? Is it in the same class as her earlier work, or is it in a totally different class entirely? Does it truly deserve all of the praise that is currently being heaped upon it? Will it prevail at this year’s Oscars? How realistic is it? Does it accurately portray the hunt for Osama Bin Laden? Will right-wing pundits dismiss it as yet another piece of Hollywood style left wing propaganda? Does it actually have any obvious political affiliations?
We’ll also be discussing the 2013 Oscar Nominees. Did Quentin Tarantino get snubbed? Why did only a white cast member from Django Unchained get nominated? Why didn’t Jamie Foxx secure a nomination for his work in Django Unchained? Why was Christophe Waltz the lone cast member nominated from Django Unchained? Are the Academy Awards even relevant anymore? Do they ever manage to make the “right” choice in regards to the major categories? Should the general public care about what they like? Do they matter any more than any of the other award shows, such as the Golden Globes, or the various critics’ circle awards?
We’ll also talk about the controversial statement that Quentin Tarantino made while backstage at the Golden Globes. Is there ever context in which it would be okay for a white person to utter the dreaded N-word? Is Tarantino racist, clueless, antagonistic, or simply bold? Is this yet another in a long line of overblown controversies related in some way to Django Unchained? Did Quentin make a valid point? Is it time for the Black community to at long last put him in check?
Down & Dirty After Dark
We talk about love, sex and relationships from all walks of life!!! Tune in... No topic is off limits!!! Look out for our handle your scandal (every week)
Also visit the website for all the blogs...
Tips on how to make any woman SQUIRT
Tips on giving Great Head
Tips on making your hair grow
The latest celebrity news and gossip
Tips on getting over a hang over
Zodiac Signs & compatibilty with your mate
Tips from Ms. Henretha
Please contact us if you would information on becoming a sponsor... GREAT RATES!!!! Our listeners are your customers...
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (90 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (79 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (59 chatters)
- NTEB (49 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (49 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (39 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (34 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (22 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (17 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Bellesprit (8 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (5 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (5 chatters)
- 64403 (4 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- LCS (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (3 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (3 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- HUGS Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Kelly Outdoors (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)