SORT BY Relevancy
Beckah Krahula is an artist, writer, consultant, product designer, and industry expert. She began her career with the first graphic rubber stamp company in the U.S., and has worked as a full-time mixed media artist ever since. She has worked for publishers, toy designers, and product manufacturers. In 2001, she began filming the Carol Duvall Show, writing the scripts, creating the projects, step outs, and online instructions. After a long career of touring thirty to forty seven weeks a year, in 2001, she began teaching online. In February of 2011 she became a certified Zentangle teacher and has just published her book, One Zentangle a Day.
This week Lauren and Michelle are starting with an Inspirational Tool Kit that will get you through the Holidays. Many people get the blues at this time of year and the next 4 shows will be focused on helping you be inspired toward a happy and joy filled attitude.
Week 1 - Nov 16th
1. Have a list of friends to call when things get rough though this time. People with a known track record of being upbeat and positive and agree to take your all any time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will contact you right away.
2. Have some books on hand that will uplift you with a life giving message.
Take time to browse though any large bookstore in their Self Help or Spiritual sections, for just the right words to help you feel inspired.
3. Be Creative. Get your creative juices going by painting, drawing, Zentangle, sewing, knitting, whatever tickles your fancy. While at the bookstore browse though the Arts and Crafts section and start that new project you know you have been waiting to do. NOW is the time. Our FaceBook page is Jumping For Joy. Leave a message and we will be happy to help you get started.
4. Start a Gratitude list. This is a list of all the things you are grateful for in your life. Keep it simple and refer to it daily. Write out a new list as you get inspired
Lois & Earl StokesLois and Earl Stokes are artists of the spirit who live in Volcano, on the Big Island of Hawai'i. They specialize in creating art as a moving meditation. Drawing upon their experience with the Hawaiian healing arts, shamanism and the philosophy found on the islands called Huna, they approach art as a healing and spiritual practice.Lois is an expert in the performance of Hawaiian String Figures called Hei and has mastered over 115 different Hawaiian patterns. She published an article called String Figures and Shamanism that asks us to ponder the question: What if string figures are more than just a children's game?Inspired by the patterns found within man, nature and the environment, Lois and Earl Stokes create art as a healing. To them the process, not the final product, is what is important.Their art is a daily ritual, intuitive and ceremonial in nature. They remind us that Shaman were artists and healers and it is in that tradition that Lois & Earl create.They are also certified teachers of an art process called Zentangle®. The images they create are made by drawing structured patterns. It is their belief that almost anyone can create beautiful images from deliberate, repetitive, strokes. These repetitive, simple steps support relaxation, focus and inspiration.They share with us that, rich in metaphors, this process is an empowering and uplifting experience that can be applied in many ways. It is a journey, shamanic in nature, symbolic in intent, that can be taken to travel to a space that knows no time or place.Their web presence is at http://www.stringfigure.com and Lois when she takes on the role of Whisperer, shares her Whispers of Aloha daily with her followers
Please join Rebecca for lively chats with artists and crafters about their lives and lifestyles. Every artist has a story...we tell them here. Today self-taught Zentangle® artist, Sandra Strait, joins Rebecca for fu with doodles!!! She posts daily on her blogs ( http://lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com/ & http://lifeimitatesdoodles.wordpress.com/). Sandra is on the Design Team for Viva Las Vegastamps! and reviews products for Exaclair, Stillman & Birn, Daycraft, and Shoplet.
Suzanne McNeill is often known as “the Trendsetter” of the arts and crafts industry. Dedicated to hands-on creativity, she constantly tests, experiments and invents something new and fun. Suzanne is the creative woman behind Design Originals, a publishing company dedicated to all things fun and creative, now a division of Fox Chapel Publishing. She is an artist, designer, publisher, TV personality, columnist, art instructor, Zentangler, author and lover of everything hands-on. Listen in and discover how she turned a love of all things art into her own version of Artist Success.
Join host Tiffany Windsor and feature guest Suzanne McNeill, founder of Design Originals, a highly popular craft book publishing company. Suzanne will be talking about Zentangle, a meditative drawing style. Craft Concierge Maria Nerius shares her creative inspiration, Jennifer Blevins from iLovetoCreate talks trends and everyone joins in for the popular creative roundtable discussion!
Join Host Live Chats
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- Prophetion of Power (2 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (2 chatters)
- GANGSTERS SPORTS (1 chatters)
- AJAM (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- Live with Dr-D (1 chatters)