SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station show, focusing on Yuma, Arizona ‘The Great Gateway to the Southwest’. This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On this Episode:
- Rex Ijams – Historic Yuma Theatre and Yuma Art Center
- Bruce Brown – Desert Hills Golf Course
- Tanisha Yee - Yuma Civic Center
- Yvonne Peach - Coronado Motor Hotel, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill and Casa de Coronado Museum
- Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More and Bard Date Company talks Medjool Date Nutrition
- Donna George of The Peanut Patch shares Fun Facts about Peanuts
Plus, Yuma Hollywood History with Steve Schnecickert!
Special Big Blend Radio show on Yuma, Arizona 'Gateway to the Southwest'.
- Douglas J. Nicholls – Mayor of Yuma
- Patrick Quinn - Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre
- Bruce Brown - Desert Hills Golf Course
- Carrie Ring – Yuma Civic Center
- Yvonne Peach – Historic Coronado Motor Hotel, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill, Casa de Coronado Museum
- Dave Mansheim - Bard Date Company
- R. Michael Wilson – Author ‘Crime & Punishment in Early Arizona’
- William D. Kalt – Author ‘Tucson Was a Railroad Town’
- Glynn Burrows – English Family History Expert, Norfolk Tours UK
Plus, Yuma Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Big Blend Radio host Lisa D. Smith, co-publisher of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, chats with Bruce Brown, the General Manager of the Desert Hills Golf Course in sunny Yuma, Arizona. Desert Hills is a par 72 championship course that features 6,800 yards of challenging topography and scenic views, and has been the site of several professional events including the Ben Hogan and Nike Tour Events. There is an on-site Pro Shop, as well as golf lessons from a PGA professional, and other seasoned instructors. Practice areas include a driving range, pitching, and putting surfaces. The Desert Hills Clubhouse features The Hills Restaurant Patio & Bar that offers indoor and patio dining, with a golf course view.
This interview originally aired on March 2, 2015, on Big Blend Radio's Spring in Yuma, Arizona show.
Lisa D. Smith, co-host of Big Blend Radio and publisher of Big Radio & TV Magazine, chats with Yanna Kruse and Catherine Reeves about the historic Sanguinetti House Museum & Gardens located within the Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area, in Yuma, Arizona. The Sanguinetti House Museum is in an 1870’s adobe building that was the home of merchant prince E. F. Sanguinetti, a pioneering business man (1867-1945) in Yuma. He was known for his garden oasis where he entertained clients and colleagues. This interview was conducted out in the gardens, amongst chattering birds, roses and vibrant spring blossoms. Besides discussing the fascinating history of E. F. Sanguinetti and Yuma, Arizona, Catherine Reeves chats about the renovation work that has gone into the gardens, and Yanna Kruse talks about the changing museum exhibits, wedding facilities and special events.
This interview originally aired on March 15, 2015, on Big Blend Radio's Champagne Sundays variety show!
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Henry Biernacki ‘The Global Henry’ will discuss his recent visit to Guanajuato, Mexico. Henry is a world traveler to over 130 countries, an airline captain and line check airman, and author of the novel ‘No More Heroes.’
- Regina Leeds ‘The Zen Organizer’ will share tips on organizing your kitchen and garage. Regina has been organizing clients for over 20 years, and is the author of 9 books on the subject including New York Times best-seller ‘One Year to an Organized Life’.
- Richard Stamp & Espy Matlock will discuss the Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardens in the West Wetlands Park in Yuma, Arizona.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
- Lizzie Harrah, vocalist and keyboardist for The Madisons discusses their new album Err on the Side of Love
- Bunny Sigler, legendary 4-time Grammy winning producer-singer-songwriter discusses his new album Bundino
- Jennifer Bort Yacovissi, author of historical novel ‘Up The Hill to Home’
- Artist Victoria Chick discusses The Family Portrayed in Art
- C. Lee McKenzie, author YA novel ‘Sudden Secrets’ & ‘The Great Time Lock Disaster’
- Howard & Ruth Milstein, author of ‘Cooking with Love: Ventures into the New Israeli Cuisine’ talk Salad & Wine
This is Beyond the Airwaves: The Infinity Project, where we go beyond the mainstream media and tackle issues that don't seem so important to the major networks.
Oddball Extreme may be in class, but she made sure to set things up. We'll talk about the events that got our attention over the weekend, such as the first look at the cast of DC Comics' new Suicide Squad movie. We'll cover these stories and more throughout this hour.
If you want to have a great experience with Minecraft, please visit our sponsor: SOJ Dream Servers, Inc. at http://sojdream.enjin.com/.
Ikari Chaos-San is the founder and creator. Shirley is truly the Oddball Extreme. Tim is our resident Tokusatsu and paranormal expert. Janet is our resident Arizona Magician. Heather is Queen Kitty Serenity. Mike the King of Hearts is our video game wizard. We'll also have guest appearances by our friends from the MAD HOUSE, so come and listen in!
Visit our official website at http://beyondtheairwaves.weebly.com and don't forget to join in the conversation on the forums located on our official website. We want you guys and gals, the fans, to tell us what's on your mind and what you feel is important to cover, so let us know what you want to hear.
**All sound effects are protected under fair use provisions and are NOT intended to create any copyright infringement.**
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for BIg Blend Radio’s CHAMPAGNE SUNDAYS variety show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On this Episode:
- Everett Coast - Singer-songwriter duo Josh Misko & Danny Byrne
- Andrew Harris - Accredited food, wine and travel writer; producer and co-host of “The SoCal Restaurant Show”
- Celebrity Chef Ryan Scott - Former “Top Chef” contestant and owner of Market & Rye in San Francisco.
- Blue Tofu – Indie pop duo featuring vocalist Andrea Mathews & Grammy-nominated producer Tim Story
- Chef Jeremy Manley ‘San Diego’s Sustainable Chef’ – Jeremy’s on the Hill California Style Bistro in Julian, CA
Jade Helm 15 is a planned United States military training exercise that is scheduled to take place over multiple states in the US from July 15 through September 15, 2015. It will involve U.S. Army Special Operations Command (SOC) with other U.S Armed Forces units in a multi-state exercise that includes Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. The SOC claimed, "the size and scope of Jade Helm sets this one apart" from previous training exercises.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
- Janna Graber – Award-winning travel journalist and editor of ‘Adventures of a Lifetime: Travel Tales from Around the World’.
- Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ discusses Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Adam Roberts – CEO of Born Free USA wildlife organization talks about Safe Trails and Trapping.
- Yanna Kruse & Catherine Reeves - Sanguinetti House Museum & Gardens in Yuma, AZ.
- Fashion designer Aggie Garcia of Illusions by Aggie chats about Fashion in Italy.
- Five Star Chef Ivan Flowers of Top of the Market in San Diego talks Spring Cooking.
In this week's procurement podcast, I've taken a different approach. With ISM2015 taking place in Phoenix, Arizona, I have recommended the breakout sessions I think are worth your consideration. Rather than recommending sessions based on title and topic alone however, I will suggest which presenters are worth meeting. After all, conferences like ISM are as much about the people you get to meet as they are the information you take in.
Share your thought's on what you believe is The Future of Procurement on Twitter using the hashtag #FutureBuy
Be sure to visit the Buyers Meeting Point website @ http://buyersmeetingpoint.com
Last year Cara Prior & her husband Scott Prior ran to represent their Legislative District 16 (Arizona House & Arizona Senate, respectively). In a difficult year for Democrats across the nation, Cara and Scott came up short on winning their seats in the legislature. If you ask many politicians, though, persistence pays off in politics for the hard-working & determined representatives of the people. Cara and Scott have again declared for the offices they sought last year.
Tune in to hear from these progressive champions as they launch their 2016 campaigns for House & Senate in Arizona Legislative District 16 out of Apache Junction, Arizona. The Priors are champions for the working and middle classes, animals, the environment, fair trade, the LBGT community, net neutrality and many other progressive causes. They are co-hosts of the show "Progressive Voices of AZ" on Fridays.
On a recent edition of "Progressive Voices of AZ," Cara and Scott hosted Arizona activist Yolanda Bejarano on stopping the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Fast Track option of said "free trade agreement" with Asian countries. As Ms. Bejarano will reveal, previous free trade agreements approved by the United States have been disasters for American job creation and have hurt America's workers, as well as the economy of the United States.
With progressive champions like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders in the U.S. Senate on her side, Ms. Bejarano joins The Social Spitball Show to get the rest of us on board to stopping the TPP and its Fast Track. Tune in and find out how you can help in this very important (and historic) effort!!
Barbara Dee & Bram Sarkowski are ready to "Put PROGRESS in Progressive" as we hear from these three progressive champions!!
Let's get the conversation going...
Join Host Live Chats
There are no live chats in progress