SORT BY Relevancy
To The Wounded Warrior was born out of Desiree heart for the purpose of being read as a healing guidebook for those who have been in abusive situations, especially within the Church and weren' able to talk about it or be heard.
Desiree' Harris-Bonner, Anointed, Expressive, Energetic an Spirit-filled! Saved by God's Grace in 1990 and then Sanctified by HIs Holy Spirit, she endeavors to sing and write songs of worship and praise focused on God and Him glorified.
This episode is being rebroadcast from Michele’s original radio show, “Your Life After Trauma.” Wounded Warrior Wives Program Coordinator, Cheryl Gansner and Sara Boz, Director of Wounded Warrior Wives join me on this episode to discuss the organization and the impact on a caregivers life. With personal insights and experience to share, these extraordinary women delve into how to reduce stress as a caregiver, the impact that being a caregiver can have on their lives, and some of the many challenges faced when caring for a wounded warrior. Michele Rosenthal is a popular keynote speaker, award-winning author and post-trauma coach. Her shows combine scientific research, cutting-edge guests and personal stories that highlight the challenges and successes of deliberately deciding to change the direction of your life. For more ideas about how to create change you choose, visit www.ChangeYouChoose.com.
A large number of Canadian and US automotive journalist were invited to the Nashville area for the annual Nissan Full Line preview event. After the initial introductions and presentations, ALAN GELL took time to interview ERICH MARX. Erich is the Director of Marketing for Nissan USA.
Erich and Alan discuss the plans for Nissan, the "Super Sports Car" Altima, an affiliation with the Wounded Warrior program, and the consumer-input design for a Titan pickup truck.
John Roberts from Wounded Warrior Project joins VOW Talk Radio to discuss PTSD.
Warrior Relations Executive Vice President at Wounded Warrior Project, John Roberts served in the US Marine Corps from 1982 to 1996, when he received a medical discharge following a prolonged recovery from wounds suffered in the crash of a helicopter in the seas of Somalia at the beginning of Operation Restore Hope.
In that 1992 crash, John suffered third-degree burns over 80 percent of his body, resulting in the loss of use of his left leg. His right arm was nearly severed; though doctors were able to reattach the arm, John suffers a serious loss of use of this extremity as well. Following military service, John wasted no time in starting a career devoted to his fellow wounded veterans. His first job was with the Disabled American Veterans, working as a national service officer in the organization’s office in Houston, Texas.
On March 29, 2007 – exactly 15 years after the date of his injury – John left the VA to become national service director for Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP). He was later promoted to the position of mental health and family support executive vice president and today served as warrior relations executive vice president. In this role, John works with all WWP program staff to ensure the most effective, beneficial warrior experience possible.
We will be talking with John Roberts about life after combat, PTSD and ways to adjust to life after war.
Bestselling Author | Speaker | Psalmist | Coach | Minister
Desireé Harris-Bonner, Anointed, Expressive, Energetic and Spirit-filled! Saved by God’s Grace in 1990 and then Sanctified by His Holy Spirit, she endeavors to sing & write songs of worship and praise focused on God and Him glorified. Throughout her spiritual journey, Desireé has functioned as a Choir Director, Worship Leader, Deaconess and Pastor of Music. She is a formally trained Vocalist and Percussionist. Under the Pastoral leadership of Rev. Marion and Dr. BJ Relefourd of Vision of Life Ministries, in Lawrenceville, GA where she has received her ordination as an Elder, Desireé serves on the Ministerial Staff. Desireé has released two Sacred Music CD’s; "The Psalmist... Volume One" and "The Psalmist... Volume Two" and is currently working on the Third Volume! Her first Bestselling Book entitled "The Heart of the Psalmist" was published in November of 2012 and soon to be released July 2014 her second Book, "To the Wounded Warrior" while contributing to the Anthology: Organized Obstacles with her story entitled "Unfinished: The Diary of a Psalmist".
My guests for tonight will be Marshele Carter Waddell & Dr. Kelly Orr, PhD, ABPP...Who penned Wounded Warrior, Wounded Home, offering hope & healing for families living with PTSD & TBI. This is a very personal story, with a powerful message. One in three of our Vets are coming home with PTSD. Many of those have also suffered a TBI, which has become the signature injury of this war.
See www.hopeforthehomefront.com for more information.
This show is a gathering place for anyone seeking recovery from the challenges of life on life's terms. I introduce topics, and survivor's share their experience, strength and hope. We discuss useful tools that have helped us lighten the load, of our journey through recovery.
More will be revealed! Tune in, stop in and call in. This is a "we" recovery program, because it is in the "we," that we find the new "me."
We focus on the four A's of Recovery...Awareness, Acceptance, Action and Adaptation. This is a place for survivor's striving to become thrivers. :)
Some nights we will have a featured guest, and others we will introduce a topic of recovery, encouraging callers to join us in the discussion.
Host is Kim Justus, author of In a Flash: Miracles Here and Beyond found at www.inaflash.org
Family of a Vet's annual Love Letter Campaign will be coming to a close on Valentine's Day. Have you written your letter yet? Would you like the chance to say those words to your veteran, even if you haven't put them down on paper yet? Join Family of a Vet Blog Talk Radio show on Tuesday, Feb. 11th for your opportunity to share what it means to love, honor and care for a wounded warrior.
It takes a special kind of love to stand beside a Veteran who is suffering from lifelong wounds of war. This love endures challenges, loss, pain and enjoys some of the deepest love that you will ever find. Join show host Debbie Sprague for heart warming, tear producing stories from caregivers who have found the love of their life, and have selflessly committed their own life to their veteran's care.
Showtime 6:30pm-7:30pm CST
Listeners are invited to call-in with their stories and comments to:
We've taken a small break and are so happy to be back with all of you! We've got a great show for you today:
1. Wounded Warrior, Wounded Home with Marshele Carter Waddel. She delves into her personal life dealing her husband's PTSD and TBI at home. Marshele is married to a retired Navy Seal and the book delves into their marriage and how their children were affected. She goes onto interview 25 other families affected with post traumatic stress and more. The book is co-authored by Vietnam Veteran and Marine, Dr. Kelly Orr.
The resource Marshele mentions for anonymous counseling is Hope for the Heart online communities.
Click to win one of three books at USMC Life.
2. We're interviewing military children because April is the month of the military child! Join us as we ask questions to some of our favorite kids and adults, ages 4 to 16.
Desireé Harris-Bonner ~ Bestselling Author | Speaker | Psalmist | Coach | Minister
Anointed, Expressive, Energetic and Spirit-filled! Saved by God’s Grace in 1990 and then Sanctified by His Holy Spirit, she endeavors to sing & write songs of worship and praise focused on God and Him glorified.
To the Wounded Warrior: If you’ve ever been blindsided by having your mistakes, weaknesses, or failings aired across the pulpit, or been called into the “Principal’s Office” to be dressed down because you said ‘No’ to a request made by someone in Leadership.
If you’ve ever had Leadership enlist your assistance for ministry purposes, but instead used you to satisfy their own personal agenda (physical, financial or emotional).
If you’ve ever had Ministry opportunities presented to you from others outside of your church home and were told that you cannot accept them because you’re needed in the House.
Keep it Real Daily 5:30pm Wed and Saturdays Central 347 326 9924
Join us for a conversation with Mandy Barr, Program Coach for Wounded Warrior Family Caregiver Program with the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving, based on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, GA. Mandy will share her personal experiences along with information about this new program.
Wounded Warrior Project will NOT promote their charity project to radio shows that support the Second Amendment!!!!!! REALLY??!!
It would appear the Wounded Warrior Project is refusing all donations from those affiliated with the 2nd Amendment. We have something to say and there will be choice words....
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. ~ George Washington.
Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone. ~ Ayn Rand
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (119 chatters)
- Yada (36 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- reactionariez (16 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (8 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (8 chatters)
- Bellesprit (8 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (7 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (6 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- DHead Radio (4 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (4 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (4 chatters)
- The Grace View (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- DerekLambert (3 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- On the Job Complaining (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (1 chatters)
- The FabLife Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (1 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- House of Hu Humanity United (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (0 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (0 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (0 chatters)