SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Join us on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7pm on Blog Talk Radio for Black Women in Conversation with Agunda Okeyo , African Feminist and Producer of Sisters of Comedy, for a provocative conversation on laughter, women, feminism and resistance.
Why is laughter wonderful, healthy and yet so fleeting for Feminists? Great scholars, feminists and womanists--Alice Walker for example, June Jordan, Pat Parker, bell hooks, and we can’t help but think of the great Maya Angelou when she said: "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
This conversation among Black women will offer a position from which to talk about laughing, as feminists as womanists, as women of color, “as a means of breaking silence and as coinciding with the self-articulation of women on their own terms.” Activist, Writer, Producer Agunda Okeyo joins us as we talk of the difference between silencing humor and humor that breaks silence. This Wednesday, 7pm we ponder, what would it look like for humor to serve as a practice of feminist resistance?
GET YOUR TICKETS FOR NOV 2 @ https://www.facebook.com/events/391416054343520/
208 W 23rd St, New York, New York 10011
Greetings from the Grassroots!
:: This is Good Morning Girl Chicago! A live online talkshow for the real working class. Every Sunday around 11am (CST), Host Araminta Ross and FBFs put the B in brunch. You too can join Araminta Ross anytime on FB. But you are especially welcome to join this conversation already in progress.
:: This week an interview with poet Keli Stewart and ethnographer Meida McNeal about being womanits and McNeal's world premiere production of The Ladies Ring Shout with Felicia Holman and Abra Johnson. It debuts at the Defibrillator (1136 N. Milwaukee, Chicago, IL) on 4-6 August at 8pm. Tickets available online at Brown Paper Tickets.
The sassy, outspoken, and often on-point blogger Renee writes the blog Womanist-Musings.com: Dedicated to critiquing current events and pop culture from a womanist perspective. Its sole purpose is to give voice to those that have historically been marginalized and silenced.
This interview is part of the SistersTalk Radio 'Bloggers You Should Know Series'. Every Wednesday night at 7pm
central, we'll introduce you to an exciting blogger you shouldn't be ignoring. Join us on Sunday nights at 5pm central for our regular show
where we interview people like Kate Clinton, Ellis, and Felice Newman!
View more of SistersTalk Radio. Follow @SistersTalk on Twitter.
*Listen to this specific podcast on your phone: Dial 347.633.9935
Join Host Live Chats
- Trunews Radio (20 chatters)
- Straitway (17 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (16 chatters)
- The Portal (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- TRUradio (8 chatters)
- Communities Digital News Hours (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- The War Room (6 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (6 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (6 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (5 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (5 chatters)
- Universal Energy (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- Open Lines Paranormal show (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Tom Florios Hard Rock n Sports (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- FFToolbox (2 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (2 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- CWA Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (1 chatters)
- Nu Power Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)