SORT BY Relevancy
Hosted By: LaShawn Allen-Muhammad
Who were the first Black Elected Officials? During the month of November, as the country gears up to re-elect or vote in the next wave of politicians, Black Reconstruction will revisit the Reconstruction era to pay homage to the Black Men who came before Obama. During this tumultuous time, Blacks not only established townships, they also positioned themselves to be an integral part of government.
At a Glance.. In 1855, Brownhelm Township, founded by Col. Henry Brown, gained notoriety throughout the U.S, when the township elected an African-American to government office. The NY Syracuse Daily Journal, May 31, 1855 reported that John Mercer Langston was a fugitive slave who had been elected clerk. Brownhelm's early residents had long been known for their strong anti-slavery stance; and Col. Henry Brown's home on the Lake Shore was often a final stop on the Underground Railroad, before reaching Canada by boat. African-American Firsts: Government
Local elected official: John Mercer Langston, 1855, town clerk of Brownhelm Township, Ohio.
State elected official: Alexander Lucius Twilight, 1836, the Vermont legislature.
Governor (appointed): P.B.S. Pinchback served as governor of Louisiana from Dec. 9, 1872-Jan. 13, 1873, during impeachment proceedings against the elected governor.
U.S. Representative: Joseph Rainey became a Congressman from South Carolina in 1870 and was reelected four more times.
U.S. Senator: Hiram Revels became Senator from Mississippi from Feb. 25, 1870, to March 4, 1871, during Reconstruction.
There have only been a total of five black senators in U.S. history: the remaining two are Blanche K. Bruce [1875-1881] and Barack Obama
Our crew comes back together to preview the upcoming Wrestlemania event for 2015.
Join us for the return of As Real As It Gets Radio show. This Thursday March 26th 2015 at 8:00 pm. We will debate on a stereotypical topic. Are black women angry or is this a stereotype? Where did this theory come from? What are the origins? Why do some men decide not to date a black woman? Join my co-host Amber (AJ) Jones and my new co-host K'mecca as we discuss and debate this topic.
Also join us as we discuss the recent success of the FOX TV hit "Empire". Does Empire cast a negative light on Blacks in America or is it just good entertainment. You don't want to miss this show!!!!
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, March, 26th, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST (5:00pm-7:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss “How The Media Convinces You That Most Criminals Are Black”. Call in with your Questions/Comments and listen LIVE at 914-338-1375 or listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/03/27/how-the-media-convinces-you-that-most-criminals-are-black.
Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
Join Lights Cameras Fashion Radio , DJRia In The Mix, Lipstick Layups & Lyrics and our very own Black Woman Unleashed Radio on their debut show March 26, 2015 at 8pm est with host Jazelle Taylor , Maria Clifton aka DjRia ,Athens Greece rep Niki Avery aka Bella , Pawnee Davis , Khalilah Jones , Sheri Carter , Pastor Shonda Green and special musical guest Teya Lauray!
We are proud supporters of writers, musicians, artists, small businesses and more in importantly all community improvement programs. Log onto
or call in at 773-897- 6301 and speak with the guest and host.
This is an LCF Radio / BBL / True Life MediaGroup Production
Season One - Show II - I Have A Dream
- Beverly Black Johnson with Malik Yoba Malik Yoba co-starred opposite Terrence Howard in Fox's hip-hop industry drama pilot Empire. Abdul-Malik Kashie Yoba (born September 17, 1967), better known by his stage name, Malik Yoba, is an American actor and occasional singer. Malik played Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, in Betty and Coretta.
Make sho you TUNE into #BLACKKUSHRADIO TOMORROW NIGHT with your host's@iamthechopgod and @chrnc!!! TUNE in this Thursday frm 7-9pm to check out our EXCLUSIVE interviews, MUSIC, AND THE LASTEST TOPICS AND TRENDS!!! You don't wanna miss this so Call in at 773-897-6229...or log in at www.blogtalkradio.com/gipbkr216!!! STAY TUNED!!!
PT 3 STATE OF BLACK AMERICA: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. RECENTLY WE WERE FOUND OUT THAT POLICE IN FERGUSON WERE USING THE PEOPLE AS A CASH COW TARGETING PEOPLE OF THE CITY TO KEEP REVENUE FLOWING THROUGH THE SMALL CITY. IN A REPORT BY THE URBAN LEAGUE IT IS SAID THAT 70% OF BLACKS SAY THEY HAVE BEEN MISTREATED BY THE POLICE ALL ACROSS AMERICA, THAT 10 TIMES HIGHER THAN OUR WHITE COUNTERPARTS.
STATE OF BLACK AMERICA FOR YEARS HAVE SEEN MEN AND WOMEN LOCKED UP WITH MUCH HIGHER SENTENCES AND HIGHER BAILS AMOUNTS...NO ONE WILL GO ON RECORD TO SAY IT'S HAPPENING DUE TO BEING AFRAID OF THEIR JOBS. IT IS REPORTED THAT WHILE WE MAKE UP 30% OF THE POPULATION 60% OF THAT IS IN PRISON. FROM 1970 TO 2005 PRISON POPULATION GREW 700% IS HIGHER NOW FOR SURE.
WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT CRIME ARE BLACKS AND MINORITIES BEING TARGETED ?
CALL- IN OR LISTEN IN AT 718-664-9476
FOLLOW US AT FACEBOOK.COM/OTLESJACKSON
TWITTER US AT LES JACKSON@OPENTALKLES
Wombanist Views will be sitting down with author, pop culture critic, champion of entrepreneurship and self empowerment, and trailblazing blogger Lakisha Watson-Moore of Bougie Black Girl and CEO of the BBG Media Group. Bougie Black Girl is a website that unapologetically focuses on Black women and issues that impact their lives. The website is the winner of the 2014 Best Business Blog Award.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (419 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (15 chatters)
- The Pet Psychic (15 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (14 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (12 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (8 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- drkate (7 chatters)
- Universal Radio (7 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (4 chatters)
- Ascended Masters and Angels (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Evelyn Derry Ministries (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- World Alliance Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Sports Smack Down Network (2 chatters)
- SupaFi64 (2 chatters)
- The World Transformed (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- LETS TALK URBAN (1 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- prf88 (1 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (0 chatters)