SORT BY Relevancy
219 GreenConnect host Kathy Sipple speaks with writer and chef, Lisa Harris, about the joys of cooking seasonally and connecting with the outdoors.
On tonight's show Rosie is going to share some facts about Skullcap, Wood Betony and Milk Thistle.
Skullcap is a powerful medicinal herb, it is used in alternative medicine as an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, slightly astringent, emmenagogue, febrifuge, nervine, sedative and strongly tonic. Rosie is going to discuss American Skullcap and Baikal varieties.
Wood Betony is another powerful herb. Betony is used for digestion problems including heartburn, diarrhea, and intestinal gas and many other health issues.
Modern research shows that the fruit of the milk thistle (Silybum marianum) may restore and protect the liver, the body’s largest internal organ, from damage by chemicals, alcohol, and other toxins.
*The opinions expressed by the guests are for entertainment purposes only and those guests providing comments are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Psychic Viewpoint Show or its host.*
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Cheryl Ash-Simpson. In 2009, Cheryl Ash-Simpson was diagnosed with Stage IIA breast cancer just three days before her wedding. And not only was she preparing for her nuptials, but she was also planning a big move to Southeast Asia to begin her new life with her husband, Richard, who re-located to Malaysia for a new job. “Sunshine, Noodles and Me” chronicles Ash-Simpson’s treatment; loss of her hair, and her new lease on life in a country, far, far away. The documentary was shot on location in Malaysia, Singapore, Indianapolis and Dallas.
this episode Q&A includes:
• burdock root- digging and storing
• do not use raw vinegar to make herbal vinegars- vinegar must be pasteurized..
• chemicals in apples and chemicals in our environment- oil soluble and water soluble..
• 12 million adults are misdiagnosed per year in outpatient medical care..
• pain as an ally..
• instead of trying- DO IT!
• cyst on eyebrow of a 4 year old..
• scarred fallopion tubes and ectopic pregnancy..
• red clover infusion is an aid to safe normal pregnancy..
• motherwort tincture is an aid to safe normal thoughts..
• irritable bowel syndrome- slippery elm honey balls and getting tested for celiacs disease..
• cooking liver..
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Sheryl Glick. Sheryl Glick, a New York-based accredited Reiki energy healer/medium, offers individual and group sessions and teaches healing and spiritual development. Sheryl taught in New York City schools and holds a BA and MS in Education/Literature. She is a member of the International Association of Reiki Professionals and a longtime hospice volunteer. She is the author of Life Is No Coincidence, The Life and Afterlife Connection. Sheryl Glick is the host of Healing from Within, an internet radio show heard on www.sherylglick.com .
Sheryl’s newest book, The Living Spirit: Answers for Healing and Infinite Love. The Living Spirit relates stories and poignant examples from Sheryl’s experiences as a spiritual healer/medium.
this Q&A includes:
• many symptoms of autoimmune disease- nourishing herbal infusions, slippery elm balls, dannon plain full fat yogurt..
• do not remove mercury fillings- absolutely no evidence that mercury fillings are poisoning you..
• linden flower infusion is more powerful than steroids in anti-inflammatory action..
• what happens when you drink only one quart of nourishing herbal infusion a day and no water or other fluids?
• emotional intelligence and intuition...
• genetic links to grey hair..
• making hawthorn berry infusion..
• osteoporosis- drugs, calcium, vitamin D, infusions, yogurt and bone mass..
• herbs and food to increase health and fertility of men..
• medical profession is not here to make you healthy, they are here to cure disease..
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Laurie Handlers. Laurie Handlers, is a film producer, sex/intimacy coach-educator and the International #1 Amazon BestSelling author of Sex & Happiness: The Tantric Laws of Intimacy. Through her company Butterfly Workshops www.butterflyworkshops.com, she offers sexual health and awareness courses plus leadership and expansion courses for corporations and individuals throughout the world. She hosts a weekly radio show: Sex and Happiness where she discusses all topics about sex since 2006. She has produced and starred in two independent films.
this weeks Q&A includes:
• migraines- feeling that one does not have sexual rights and varying degrees of sexual abuse..
• oatstraw is the most hormonal of the herbal infusions- frees up hormones already present in your body..
• all of the nourishing herbal infusions are safe and nutritive..
• hernia- Shouldice Clinic in Toronto..
• healing, soothing and nourishing digestive system with slippery elm..
• cystic acne- nourishing herbal infusions and yarrow tincture spray..
• you must weigh one ounce of herb per quart of infusion!!!
• heart palpitations and stress..
• nourishing the kidneys and adrenals with nettle infusion..
• spider bite- plantain spit poultice..
• safety of essential oils for people and the earth...
Join Roxie and Carrie for a special episode with Rebecca Ross of Earth Spirit Energy!
Rebecca’s love for the natural world began as a child working in the garden. What seemed a chore then became a lifelong love.
Her professional career in the plant world began in the early 90’s with her business, The Magic Garden, offering garden maintenance and installation in the Santa Cruz mountains of CA.
In 1998 she received her first massage certification from the San Francisco School of Massage. From there, her and her husband travelled around and she reestablished herself in each state they lived. She has worked in Rio Mar, Puerto Rico, Dallas, TX, Exeter, NH and now Asheville, NC.
Her 10 years in New Hampshire was a growing experience. She became a Certified Herbalist, Shamanic Healer and Reiki Master Teacher there. She also had a retail shop, White Lily Teas which was basically a wellness center offering organic teas, herbs and massage. She taught and lectured around the state and immersed herself in the wellness community. This was also the time of her private herbal line, White Lily Botanicals.
Now in Asheville, NC she is sharing her unique gifts and experience with an amazing community of like minded individuals with her private practice Earth Spirit Energy. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains she enjoys connecting to this beautiful land through ceremony, hiking, wildcrafting medicine, and dancing with the earth spirits. http://earthspiritenergy.com
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Belinda Farrell. Belinda the author of the book Find Your Friggin’ Joy, graduated with a BA in Spanish and English from the University of California at Berkeley and is trained in hypnotherapy, past life regression, NLP, Hawaiian chanting, and ancient Hawaiian healing (Huna). Belinda trained with Anthony Robbins (author of Unlimited Power) and has effectively used these skills in her own life.
this episode Q&A includes:
• plastic- do not store food or water in..
• reverse osmosis water is devoid of minerals and can actually leach minerals from your body..
• migraines- repressed sexual abuse in our culture and restriction of blood vessels and supporting the liver..
• bacterial vaginosis- garlic suppositories, yogurt, yarrow tincture, activated charcoal..
• sore breast..
• pseudomanas infection- panax gingseng tincture..
• lipomas- how to make castor oil packs and dandelion..
• endometriosis and heavy bleeding- nothing raw or frozen, beets, meat, shepherds purse..
• yarrow to help with nose bleeds, scar tissue and healing of mucous membranes..
• skin bacteria- chickweed and rubbing shoulders with folks that have healthy bacteria..
• itchy palm- fungus- plantain, horsetail..
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Susie Minus. Susie Minus Tait holds a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in education from the University of Alabama and is a former schoolteacher of 18 years. Tait lives on a cattle farm in Epes, Alabama where she raises quarter horses. “Pedro and Carlos” is her first book.
this episode Q&A includes:
• testament to drinking nourishing herbal infusions and spectacular health..
• high blood pressure- information on food, whole grains and hawthorn, motherwort and passionflower..
• cholesterol- fiber in the diet and inflammation..
• Mom to be- nutrition and prenatal vitamins..
• ayahausca- vine of the soul- stealer of souls- limiting foods with taurine and sensory perception..
• diarrhea- apple sauce/ pectin, slippery elm..
• antibiotics? eat yogurt!
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Roberta Grimes. Roberta is an Austin-based business attorney who had two extraordinary experiences of light in childhood that prompted her to spend decades studying nearly 200 years of abundant and consistent communications from the dead. In 2010 she wrote The Fun of Dying - Find Out What Really Happens Next, updated just last year. A 2014 sequel, The Fun of Staying in Touch, details the many ways in which the dead give us signs of their survival and also some astonishing recent advances in the field of after-death communication. In 2017, Roberta will complete her trilogy with The Fun of Growing Forever, which will talk about the process of spiritual growth and the beyond-amazing realities that we enter at death. She blogs and answers questions at robertagrimes.com.
this episode Q&A includes:
• usnea- making and using tincture..
• elderberries- jam, jelly, tincture remedies for help prevent the flu and flu symptoms..
• cataracts- surgery for cataracts is so good these days- going for surgery? get really healthy first..
• you heal better if you're active..
• tendon, ligament, joint issues in hands and feet- comfrey, linden infusions- oak bark infusion soak..
• break your heart open to the part of yourself that needs nourishment- nourish these parts of ourselves or things get weird in our lives..
• inflammation? give a non pepper diet a try..
• oak bark infusion astringent and tannic- tighten up blood vessels..
• inner ear fluid- oak bark infusion used with neti pot..
• type 2 diabetes and nettle infusion..
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Ethnobiologist Marc Williams. Marc has taught hundreds of classes and thousands of folks about plants, humans other life forms and their interface. His training includes a B.A. in Environmental Studies/Sustainable Agriculture and a M.A in Appalachian Studies/Sustainable Development. He is the Executive director of Plants and Healers International and has spent over 15 years working at various restaurants, farms, and travels throughout 24 countries in North/Central America and Europe and all 50 of the United States.
this episode Q&A includes:
• thyroid, parathyroid, PH, calcium, lemon balm, seaweed..
• increase vitamin e in the diet with extra virgin olive oil..
• motherwort increases the number of small blood vessel around the heart and uterus and possibly other place in the body too..
• red clover helps blood to flow..
• sores that do not heal in the groin area and DES daughters..
• phytolacca americana...
• toenail fungus- no oil of oregano!! soak feet in anti fungal- salt water, horsetail, black walnut...
• supplements are drugs and Susun never recommends supplements..
• halotosis- causes- dandelion, slippery elm..
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Shea Vaughn. Shea is the creator of SheaNetics®; a transformational doctor-endorsed lifestyle practice that enhances the quality of one’s physical, nutritional, mental and emotional intelligence through the winning power of its programs and SheaNetics® 5 Principles of Wellness - Commitment, Perseverance, Self-Control, Integrity and Love. Shea is the author of BREAKTHROUGH – The 5 Living Principles to Defeat Stress, Look Great & Find Total Well-Being.
this episode Q&A includes:
• tiredness and anxiety in menopause- taking time for yourself and exploring the 7 medicines- serenity, story, energy, lifestyle, herbal, pharmaceutical and hi-tech medicine..
• enough is enough! What is enough?
• I'm a powerful person that can make choices in my life!
• 10 month old with congestion in the lungs and fluid behind ears- virus vs bacterial infection- echinacea, slippery elm, mullein tincture..
• do not use osha for every day ills..
• mixed remedies often times have herbs too strong for you- stick to simples..
• no relationship of any kind between osteoporosis and broken bones- very strong relationship between calcium supplements and broken bones..
• digging roots..
• poison ivy rash? witch hazel and jewel weed remedy..
• indigenous people cook their food because they can't afford to throw away nutrition..
• vast majority of herbal information on the internet is crap..
• red clover infusion is safe for everyone..
• hemoglobin and creating hem with animal foods.. check out www.beyondveg.com
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Tamra Oviatt. Tamra Oviatt is the founder of Sacred Activations (SA), a seventh plane energetic modality. She is an author, energy worker, professional speaker and teacher who trains advanced energy workers to use SA in their professional practice. Her work empowers others to align with their life purpose by clearing thousands of cultural, religious, and collective consciousness belief systems. Tamra’s ultimate mission is world peace. She will accomplish this by helping others plug into the unconditional love of pure source energy and the activation of the soul presence.
this episode Q&A includes:
• miscarriage- septum in the uterus- generally does not make pregnancy or live birth impossible..
• miscarriage is not a failure but a wise choice by your body..
• hysterectomy with the removal of the ovaries is female castration- check out HERS for hysterectomy resource education..
• hot flashes- awakening kundalini, blowing out to cool down, having someone blow on receptors on back of neck, motherwort tincture..
• premarin prevents menopause from happening- whenever you go off you will have to go through menopause no matter your age..
• help your liver process hormones with bitter herbs..
• during menopause we are giving birth to ourselves and who we will be for the rest of our lives..
• cramp bark and spasms..
• botulism, honey and safety of..
• blood sugar spikes- no refined carbs or hydrogenated fats..
• partial obstruction to main artery of the eye helped with gingko tincture and bilberry tincture..
• blood pressure, pregnancy- passion flower tincture and blood pressure wrist monitor..
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- churchfolk (12 chatters)
- the SoftwareONE Radio Network (8 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (8 chatters)
- PsychicEnergyreaderbrenda (4 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (4 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Lisa Beachy (3 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (2 chatters)
- EFT Radio (2 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (2 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (2 chatters)
- Travel Talk w Dawn Doreen Jake (2 chatters)
- Word of Mom Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- MBA X Entrepreneursh (1 chatters)
- LifeLearningCenterofSelf (1 chatters)