SORT BY Relevancy
The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism
Historian Edward E. Baptist reveals in The Half Has Never Been Told, the expansion of slavery in the first eight decades after American independence drove the evolution and modernization of the United States. In the span of a single lifetime, the South grew from a narrow coastal strip of worn-out tobacco plantations to a continental cotton empire, and the United States grew into a modern, industrial, and capitalist economy. Until the Civil War, Baptist explains, the most important American economic innovations were ways to make slavery ever more profitable. Through forced migration and torture, slave owners extracted continual increases in efficiency from enslaved African Americans. Thus the United States seized control of the world market for cotton, the key raw material of the Industrial Revolution, and became a wealthy nation with global influence.
Told through intimate slave narratives, plantation records, newspapers, and the words of politicians, entrepreneurs, and escaped slaves, The Half Has Never Been Told offers a radical new interpretation of American history. It forces readers to reckon with the violence at the root of American supremacy, but also with the survival and resistance that brought about slavery’s end—and created a culture that sustains America’s deepest dreams of freedom.
Edward E. Baptist is an Associate Professor in the Department of History and House Professor and Dean at the Carl Becker House at Cornell University.
Call in and talk to me tell me what's your worst relationship you ever had.....also stay tuned to the prank calls ....an sex talk ...Call in now..I wanna hear from you ..thanks for following...Call me now call me now ..Call me now call me now
Have you ever had an orgasmic connection? Can people have an orgasmic connection by being connected to one another? When you both climax you're climaxing at points where no matter how experienced you are you have orgasms in whatever position your in.
Did you ever think you could have stronger orgasms? When it happened what did your body do and how did you feel? Did you understand what was going on? Do you think an orgasmic connection has more to do with feelings/emotions towards that person?
Share your stories and examples with us and the world Friday night at Midnight till 2AM!
Tune in...Call in...(347)637-3528...
Share your opinions with the world!!
This week's show topic as well as our Featured Guests this week is Courtesy of and our Fam over at:
Coach Wise joins me to answer some recruting questions and we will discuss the upcoming high school and college games this week. We will make some predictions and spend some time talking about HS Football in Georgia and Texas. Marquee games all around.
Live show at Hill's Barber Shop to discuss the hot topics in sports. We will be discussing the hot topics in the world of sports. NFL games will start on NFL Network on Saturday..... We will also look at other Divisional races.....
Patricia Hirsch, MCC, interviews Gail Rappolt, PCC. In what ways do I keep myself stuck by not having the difficult conversations that would truly make a difference to me and the other? Why do I assume that raising something that has been concerning me will have a negative outcome? I demean others when I deprive them of feedback that lets them know the impact of their behavior on me. When I give feedback that is descriptive, situational and owns the behavior’s impact on me and when I give it in the spirit of love – not blame nor defensiveness, I offer a gift. Ironically it is not only a gift to the other – it is a gift to self as well. I have taken action and often that action releases the tension and anxiety created by the situation and allows me to let go it. Join Gail to learn a feedback tool and some specific skills of preparing and delivering feedback that will help create a positive outcome for the conversation you need to have.
Gail is a dynamic and creative business coach. Her warmth, knowledge of human behaviour and positive energy form the basis of an outstanding learning opportunity for her clients. Her background as a successful leader and manager brings both awareness of the complexities faced by her clients and the coaching skills to help them find their own effective solutions.
Gail has a private coaching practice and has been an Associate of the Niagara Institute for many years. Her career path includes a number of senior management positions in the public sector at the municipal and provincial level. In her roles, she managed large departments and sites where she was involved in restructuring and change management, led cross-functional teams, and designed and developed new programs. She has also held significant positions of leadership in the volunteer sector.
Expertise: Leadership Development, Executive and Personal Coaching
Live show at Hill's Barber Shop to discuss the hot topics in sports. We will go over the CFB Rankings. And, we will talk about the All SEC Teams that came out. Winston not going to the Heisman Ceremony. And, the three finalist that will be appearing at the Heisman.....Cooper. Mariota, and Gordon.
Much can be learned from the allegory that Paul shares in Galatians 4. Today we look at two lists....one representing the Life in Christ and the other representing the life in the FLESH.
The Galatians were being drawn back into living motivated by works in their relationship with God, rather than being motivated by the Spirit.
As believers, we have the constant temptation to do that also. We may not have the 'Judaizers' in particular, as the Galatians had, but we have our own flesh, that like to take pride in its 'works'. We have our own mind, which like to think it is smarter than God. And we have the devil driving us to living after the flesh rather than the Spirit.
Sarah & Hagar. They have much to teach us about our walk as believers.
They represent two mothers.....
Want some fresh manna? It is found here in this allegory.
Let's play fantasy here! We all like to dream, right? Well, let's dream together! Call into todays show and tell us about which cities you might fantasize about living in if you had a lot of resources to live well! Will hopefully here from all of you!
Did we ever finish the 1st civil rights movement? How is it that we are starting a new one? Let's see about this one and let's talk about this one.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (139 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (134 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (96 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (37 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (21 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (20 chatters)
- NTEB (20 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (18 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (17 chatters)
- HOV Radio (16 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (14 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (14 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (8 chatters)
- Xtreme Fantasy Football XFF Radio (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (6 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- LoveYvetteMarie (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Krsna Bhakti Radio (2 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (2 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)