SORT BY Relevancy
in Video Games
I know we've been away for awhile but the We Game Podcast is back! Phoenix and Dephi have returned with a lot to talk about. We'll be discussing some upcoming changes to the cast, SDCC news from this weekend, our upcoming participation in ExtraLife, and more in the world of gaming and comics.
Sit back and join us for the fun on Episode 11: Guess Who's Back...Back Again
Their mission is simple:
1. We aim to transform the cultural meaning of princesses and princes into positive role models who take action to protect living beings and the planet for future generations.
2. We seek to promote greater racial, cultural, and gender inclusivity. We expand the cultural representation of beauty by including different size princesses and princes, as well as those with disabilities.
3. To produce high quality educational tools that are entertaining. Our goal is to utlilize multimedia platforms to educate readers and users about current global issues and how we can all be part of the solution.
4. Our stories promote greater awareness of the environment and aim to advance children’s knowledge in STEM subjects (sciences, technology, engineering, mathematics).
5. Our stories combine teaching ethical principals with the practical imperatives of helping parents, teachers, and children meet Common Core State Standards.
Or, is it? Join the cnversation and tell me what you think. Is the world ready for The Guardian Princesses?
Unfortunately, the founders of The Guardian Princesses weren't able to join Kori today. We'll try to get them scheduled for a future date.
Instead, Kori discussed the importance of diversity in book publishing. She's encouraging everyone to get on twitter using #weneeddiversebooks and explain why.
Visit weneeddiversebooks.org for more details about their short story contest.
If you'd like to be a guest, visit our website. We have a few openings in March.
Remember to tune into Scribe Talk Sunday January 25th at 5:30 p.m. CDT. We're continuing out discussion about interviewing.
You can listen to Kori's live intrerview over on Small Business Radio Forum with Tony Wilkins, Friday, Jan. 23, 2015. Show time: 5:45 p.m. CDT
Last night was the midseason premier of The Walking Dead. And it did not disappoint. SPOILER ALERT. We will be talking about the entire espisode. If you haven't seen it yet watch it before tonight's show :)
Zetta Elliott’s essays have appeared in School Library Journal and The Huffington Post. Her thirteen books for young readers include the award-winning picture book Bird, A Wish After Midnight, Ship of Souls, and The Deep. She is an advocate for greater diversity and equity in publishing, and lives in Brooklyn.
Take a stand for Kid Lit Equality; download your free Black Youth Matter posters here.Plunge into The Deep! See the trailer here. Learn more at Rosetta Press. The Deep is a companion book to Ship of Souls. Ship of Souls was a 2012 Booklist Top Ten Sci-Fi/Fantasy Youth Title and a finalist for the Phillis Wheatley Book Award. It also received a starred review from Booklist: "Urban fantasies are nothing rare, but few mesh gritty realism with poetic mysticism so convincingly. By turns sad, joyful, frightening, funny, and inspirational, Elliott’s second novel is a marvel of tone and setting." Support childhood literacy by taking the Birthday Party Pledge!
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (93 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- Catch Your Spirit (5 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (5 chatters)
- Will Rogers PhD TheocentricBiz (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- KyThymer (3 chatters)
- EZWAYBROADCASTING (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)