SORT BY Relevancy
We're looking forward to some big laughs with Former U.S. Marine, Police Officer and Firefighter turned National Headlining Comedian, Travis Howze protected America's citizens for over 14 years, and now he's making fun of them! Whether dodging bullets, chasing bad guys or running into burning buildings he is always Funny Under Fire!
Having appeared on NBC's Night Shift with Kevin Ferguson, Travis has also been Voted, Stand Up Comedy's Mouth of the South and Charleston, South Carolinas Funniest Person. He has also been referred to as The Military and Emergency Services Voice of Comedy.
In addition to making fun of the general public he includes his own humility from being a Ludicrous Police Officer, being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Military, Family, Married Life and more. In Travis's mind, his days of protecting are neither over, leaving no one safe nor anything off limits! His motto is simple "If you are able to laugh at someone else's pain and misfortunes, then you had better be able to laugh at your own!" Connect with Travis on Facebook or website.
Next we're bringing a guest caller to play "Name that Travis" on the show, followed by a game to see if Jackie and Kristine can guess the incorrect acronym.
We're talking with Judy Davis from The Direction Diva to discuss stress relief, empowerment and personal growth in our military world. Judy is a motivational speaker, author and blogger who specializes in advocating for and supporting the military community. One of her philosophies is focusing on "one moment at a time" to empower others with coping strategies to help ease the challenges in our lifestyle. Connect with her blog for T.I.P.s (tools, information and perspective) that will help you make the most of your life.
We're sorry to report that we will be giving up Semper Fiesty Radio for the mostpart. It's a lot of work booking guests and getting the show on the air; Kristine is uber busy with USMC Life and Jackie will be moving to Korea this summer, so we are calling it a day with the show. However, we may occasionally do a show in the future, but nothing on a regular basis. Thank you for supporting our radio show and podcast; we've loved every minute of it.
It's 2013 and many states are passing marijuana laws that civilians and federal employees (military members) are asking about. In California, there's medical marijuana, but in Colorado and Washington, it's legal to buy, consume, and have marijuana on your person. Learn about how pot affects civilians working as federal contractors, spouses and dependents are affected living or working on base, and more.
Alia Reese, Marine wife and author of American Hero Books joins us to discuss her fantastic picture books, where she's taken the concept of using pictures of her Marine to connect with her kids. She also has military coins for older kids. Get 20% off with coupon code USMC Life. These are fantastic gifts and are made by utilizing spouse or veteran owned businesses.
Sexting. Have you tried it? Do you think you might want to? Have you mailed risque photos to your military member? Jackie and I dish this subject and how we've kept our marriages fresh through deployments and more.
*update* In the show, I said that Marines can't open their letters in boot camp, that is incorrect. They can't open their packages. Sorry for the confusion.
We’re interviewing Betty Turnbull, Author of “A Sergeant in the House” where she tells the story of Lenny who desperately wants a puppy. His father is in the military, the family must move frequently, and Lenny is still very young to care for an animal, so Lenny strikes a bargain: When his daddy becomes a sergeant, Lenny can have a puppy. When his father is deployed to war, Lenny learns what it means to be responsible, to care for his family, and to help around the house. A dreaded phone call brings the news that Lenny’s father has been injured and is being sent home. When Lenny’s father explains that this means he’ll never become a sergeant, Lenny realizes that what he truly wants is his daddy–puppy or no puppy. Enter to win a copy here!
Next we’re talking about the new Dress Blues for females and the cost of uniform research between the services.
Consider this the first show of Semper Feisty 2.0. We're getting a little more crazy and playing a few games to keep your mind guessing!
Today's Topic: For the Love of School
Each week we'll be visiting a general topic and will be playing a game on behalf of someone. Today we are playing for a Marine who has EAS'd, Shawn Eckhart. If we win on Shawn's behalf, his face will be superimposed on someone else's body all in good fun, and featured on USMC Life's Facebook Page.
This week's feature guest is Craig Gilman from American Military University. We're going to be dishing:
If online school is right for you?
How to get money for school?
Choosing the right degree?
How to set yourself up for success.
We reference a few things on this week's shows, here are the links to the MyCAA program, scholarships, and MCM route map. Check out Craig's bio for more information about him: Craig is currently an online faculty member and military outreach coordinator with American Military University. He is a veteran who served for five years in the Marine Corps. He's taught as a public school teacher in Virginia, at Korea International School in Seoul, Korea, and English in the public middle school system in Tokyo, Japan.
Today's Topic: Learning to Party, Half Pint Style
This week's feature guest is El Brown, the founder of KinderJam which focuses kids on music, movement, learning, and fun! We’re going to be dishing:
How you can follow your passion and start a business in our military lifestyle like El did.
Getting over hurdles and roadblocks.
Finding the time to do it all.
Best practices for our kids today.
Jackie drops the bomb about Kanye's new Bound 2 video with Kim Kardashian, but we prefer the spoof by James Franco and Seth Rogan. Don't miss a beat with the side by side action.
Check out why we love El so much. She’s done such great things for our military community: She a wife, mother, and teacher, who holds a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education.Some years later, her life was further enriched by the birth of her son. After becoming a Military spouse and mom, El made it her personal and professional goal to advocate and provide enrichment for Early Childhood Education and Military children. Being an Army wife, El understands the unique needs of families that proudly serve our country. With this knowledge she sought to develop a program that would empower military spouses by providing them with a completely mobile career option while enriching the lives of the young learners in our community.
We're highlighting a few new businesses we recently discovered and love. Many of us are entrepreneurs and we want to know how these businesses got their start and why customers love them. Maybe you can find some inspiration and tips for your own business.
Sseko Designs: We met the founder of Sseko, Ben, at an INC conference and he’s doing amazing things. He has a brilliant shoe which allows people to simply switch the ribbons out for a new color and look. We talked to Ben about making a Marine Corps Ribbon and providing a portion of the proceeds to the Semper Fi Fund and he agreed! We can’t wait to show you the finished product.
Molly’s Suds: We were given a package of all natural laundry detergent and Abbey is going to offer her opinions on the product. We’re also going to ask Monica Leonard, the founder of Molly's Suds, how she followed her dreams of starting a business which is good for the environment and also her family.
Commissary Closures: This week starts the beginning of the commissary closures on Monday. If your Commissary is normally closed on Monday, then they will now be closed Monday and Tuesday.
We've taken a small break and are so happy to be back with all of you! We've got a great show for you today:
1. Wounded Warrior, Wounded Home with Marshele Carter Waddel. She delves into her personal life dealing her husband's PTSD and TBI at home. Marshele is married to a retired Navy Seal and the book delves into their marriage and how their children were affected. She goes onto interview 25 other families affected with post traumatic stress and more. The book is co-authored by Vietnam Veteran and Marine, Dr. Kelly Orr.
The resource Marshele mentions for anonymous counseling is Hope for the Heart online communities.
Click to win one of three books at USMC Life.
2. We're interviewing military children because April is the month of the military child! Join us as we ask questions to some of our favorite kids and adults, ages 4 to 16.
Jackie and I are dishing thank you cards, dishing traditions including May Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, and more.
Join us on an interview with Danielle Herzog, mom blogger and author of Martinis and Minivans, a fun and hilarious look at motherhood. We're talking about divorce in our world, motherhood, and our fascination with Kim Kardashian and celebs, and the inappropriate things our kids do to strangers.
*We're going to miss taking your live calls today, we pre-recorded the show for booking purposes*
Cameron from Military Town Advisor joins us to discuss her website. She is a Navy military spouse and is the founder of this PCS resource, where military families write reviews about neighborhoods and schools surrounding US military bases. We'll find out how she got started and what tips she can offer you!
Jackie and I will are dishing some of our favorite PCS tips and stories to prepare you for your upcoming military move.
Tristan Gale Geiser joins us to discuss how her Olympic Gold Medal was stolen from her home that she shared with her active duty Marine and roommates. Hear her story and how her gold medal was recovered.
We've got Kalen Arreola with us, the founder of Stars and Stripes Marketing and PR as well as Pinups for Patriots. She is an Army Veteran who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and is active in the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation in San Diego, Calif., VeteransPlus in Tampa, Fla., Women Veterans of Colorado, Honoring Our Fallen, San Diego Military Affairs Committee.
We have some fun with a bit of pin-up quizzing and then come back with a big Q&A featuring Hugh Heffner and Playboy, since it was the magazine that made Alberto Vargas (a painter of pinups) so popular.
We mention the before and after pictures of pinup models and also a video of how photoshop modifies women's bodies.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (30 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (17 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (12 chatters)
- Curious Times (10 chatters)
- reactionariez (9 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (8 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (3 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Raw Sex (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- breezysays (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)