SORT BY Relevancy
On Tuesday May 13th at 3pm est,2pm cst and Noon pst, join Dean Swett, President of the Paramour Group, as he talks to the one and only Ken Pike, lead singer of Absolon. Joining Ken guitarist Tyler Colick will also be talking with Dean. Let's hear all the exciting news that Ken and Tyler will be sharing with our listeners. Check out Absolon's website :
And you can also join their new fan club page on Facebook:
And you can also like their band page :
Join us at Up Close & Personal as we help celebrate a milestone in the musical career of one of our fave guitarist Steve Oliver. With eight albums over the last 15 years, Steve's "Best Of so far" gathers multiple #1 Billboard hits and fan favorites including 2 brand new songs.
Wednesday at 6:00 pm EST on "Up Close & Personal" with Latinjazzy ..From Berks!, I will be chattin' it up Generation Next!!!
Lin Rountree , Julian Vaughn , Lebron Dennis and Nicholas Cole ...
We all LOVE these young Trippin 'N' Rhythm Records Artists.
Individually these Fellas have stolen our hearts with their versatile and unique styles and amazing performances ...and NOW get ready to be BLOWN away as they come together as "Generation Next", making their Debut appearance at Berks Jazz Fest , this coming Sunday!!!
Ohh yeah that's is definitely going to be yet another Berks SOLD OUT hit show!!!! <3
jazz, funk, and soul
Swiss-American keyboardist Greg Manning has performed on stages throughout the U.S., Europe, United Kingdom, and Asia. Manning’s use of jazz, funk, and soul, to create simplistic yet, complex compositions, are blended with precise timbre and intricate instrumentation. They are rich in texture, and identifiably this recording artist’s distinctive imprint of Soul-Jazz.
While growing up in Zurich, Switzerland, Manning was mostly exposed to Jazz by his parents. Yet, he discovered his deep love for music only after hearing “Isn’t She Lovely” by the legendary Stevie Wonder.
He started playing the piano at age 12. Several years later, he moved to the U.S. to study piano and film scoring at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston. It was during this time his break came. Manning was asked to compose the music for “Keep Cool”, the most successful and longest running German language musical. The musical led him back to Zurich, Switzerland, where he continued to compose and produce for records and television.
Saxophonist Richard Elliot has arrived at a very special anniversary for blowing audiences away with his soulfully robust playing. 2014 marks 30 years since the release of his debut solo album, Initial Approach (ITI – 1984), on which he stepped out showcasing his tenor sax, soprano sax, Lyricon and writing skills. What does a red-blooded Scottish sax man raised in Los Angeles – now with a wife and five children – do for a 30-year encore? Well, this one-time member of the classic soul band Tower of Power proves he’s “not a young man” and drops the most overtly sensual, romantic and intimate album of his career in collaboration with contemporary jazz production/guitar giant Paul Brown. The title of this 17th solo project is Lip Service (the artist’s first for Heads Up/Concord Music Group).
Over time, he became a part of that country’s scene of young rising jazz artists and freelance musicians, featured as both a singer and saxophonist. Lie toured Norway, Sweden, and Finland with different groups and appeared on the jazz shows of NRK, the Norwegian equivalent of the BBC. Lie was also a recipient of a grant from the Norwegian State Fund for Performing Artists.
Lie later decided to move to the U.S. since his favorite styles of music “were being created in this country 24/7 everywhere.” Loving the Southern California climate and being “a certified beach bum,” he chose L.A. as his new base. Since then he has been a jazz artist and freelance musician, performing in clubs and at festivals and concerts throughout the West Coast.
Cal Harris Jr.’s upbringing in Los Angeles was not a typical one. His earliest exposure to music took place literally in the company of legends. As the son of Grammy-nominated sound engineer Calvin Harris, Cal Harris Jr. grew up wandering the halls of the renowned Motown Studios in Los Angeles. In fact, one of his fondest childhood memories was a trip to the candy store with Melvin Franklin of the Temptations—a treat he would appreciate even more as an adult. It was within this environment that Harris would develop a love affair with music…and a well-groomed talent.
“I fell in love with arranging music after attending a Commodores session with my dad. It was a great track and I fell asleep as they began working on the orchestration. I woke up a few hours later in a wonder land of music. Soaring strings and horns, and sizzling cymbal swells. It was amazing to hear the transformation, an experience I'll never forget." It's no surprise that Cal Harris Jr. went on to a career as a very sought after sound engineer and producer. He has worked with such music monsters as Earth Wind and Fire, Lenny Kravitz, Prince, Whitney Houston, and Beyonce. Harris found a comfortable niche as a very sought after recording engineer, programmer, and keyboard player for music giants. Still, it wouldn’t be long before he could no longer control the desire to combine his talents and record his very own works. The time had come for Cal Harris Jr. push his abilities to the next level and reveal the gifted composer within him.
Cal has a passion and talent for composition as well as a lifetime of priceless experiences in the industry. He drives home the idea of creating solid, seductive, and infectious melodies through impeccable production. He is involved in nearly every part of his music's production, including writing, keyboards and mixing.
Born in Madrid, Spain, Carmen grew up singing from a very early age. A member of the choirs in both church and school, she was often asked to be a soloist, as she displayed a natural gift for singing. At home, she took up the guitar, and self-taught by the age of fifteen, she began composing the lyrics and music to her own songs. Around this time, while playing and singing at a party with some friends, she met singer, and now journalist, Jos Martin, of the group "Somos". Within a short period of time they began doing concerts as a duo, with Carmen presenting herself as a singer and composer in public for the first time. With the recording of the group by the EMI Record Company, Carmen got her first taste of working in the recording studio, and became a published songwriter. Shortly thereafter, while pursuing her degree in education at the University of Madrid, Carmen auditioned, and was asked to join the cast of the show "Godspell" in the role of Mary Magdalena.
And so, at the age of seventeen, she put her studies on hold to perform both in Madrid, and throughout the rest of Spain with this theater troupe. The cast included many talented performers, comedians, actors, dancers and singers, many of whom later went on to become well known personalities in the world of Spanish entertainment.
Prolific Bassist/Composer Kyle Eastwoodchannels his earliest Jazz influences on The View From Here,
available March 12 on JazzVillage
It has been 15 years since bassist Kyle Eastwood burst onto the jazz scene with his 1998 debut, From There To Here. At that moment in his budding career, the press seemed more preoccupied with his paternal lineage (he’s the son of famed actor-director Clint Eastwood) than his music. Over the course of the four subsequent releases – 2004′s Paris Blue, 2005′s Now, 2009′s Metropolitan and 2011′s Songs from the Chateau – Eastwood built up an impressive body of work while earning respect in musician circles. With his sixth release as a leader, The View From Here on the JazzVillage label, he demonstrates a strong command of both electric and upright basses while expanding into more adventurous territory that is informed as much by jazz as it is by world music. “I’ve always loved music from other countries,” says the Carmel, California native who has resided in Paris for the past eight years. “Living in France, you hear a lot of North African and Middle Eastern music, and you can hear some of those influences on this new recording.”
Joe comes from a family of world class musicians and has grown up immersed in the passion of musical performance.Initially, being exposed to classical music as a young boy, Joe fast developed his interest in saxophone and Jazz. Together with his band at school, he won the “Daily Telegraph Young Jazz Awards” at the tender age of sixteen.This marked the beginning of his musical journey. Trained in performance by his mother, South African concert piano champion, Lucille Leader, Joe learned how to communicate emotions and feelings to an audience, creating an atmosphere so that people can live in the passion of each note, each phrase and each song, taking them on an emotional musical journey.After school, Joe continued to develop his craft, studying privately with some of the finest teachers from the Guild Hall school of Music in London, and then at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Finally back in London, Joe completed his studies in Music Technology, receiving 1st class honors. Joe’s well rounded studies now gave him a solid grounding in music as well as in the intricacies of music recording and production.
Nearly twenty years into his solo career, Rick Braun’s done just about everything, from backing the likes of Rod Stewart and Sade to stepping out into the spotlight as a vocalist and a master of the trumpet and flugelhorn.
The Allentown, Pennsylvania-born Braun began playing music in elementary school, ultimately winding up at the prestigious Eastman School of Music. There he hooked up with like-minded musicians to form a jazz-fusion combo, Auracle.
Braun’s first big break came when he composed “Here With Me,” a Top 20 hit for REO Speedwagon. He soon became a highly regarded pop sideman, touring and recording with the likes of Rod Stewart, War, Sade, Tina Turner, Natalie Cole, and Tom Petty.
The trumpeter became a NAC fixture with his debut, Intimate Secrets. His records have ranked in the Top 10 of Billboard’s Contemporary Jazz Chart with Kisses in the Rain reigning at #1 for 11 weeks and his singles have held the #1 position on the R&R NAC/Smooth Jazz album charts.
The recipient of numerous National Contemporary Jazz Awards, he shared a Best Collaboration award with Boney James for their hit Shake It Up. He also teamed up with Richard Elliot in RnR and their duet project hit #1 on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Chart. A much-in-demand producer, he has delivered #1 radio hits with artists including David Benoit, Marc Antoine and Jeff Golub.
His most recent recordings continue to reflect his versatility with the instrumental album All It Takes and his vocal talents in Rick Braun Sings With Strings. This past year saw Braun getting into the swing of the holiday season with his first-ever Christmas album, Swingin’ In The Snow.
One of urban contemporary jazz’s most versatile and acclaimed artists over the past 25 years, keyboardist/composer Gregg Karukas is now a Grammy Award winner for producing, engineering, co-writing and arranging Omar Akram’s Echoes of Love, which won Best NewAge Album at the 55th Grammy Awards in February 2013.
Vancouver, BC – Fundamental to the coaching relationship is creating a non-judgmental, safe space that allows our skills and talents to come forth. When our inner resources become accessible to us, new perspectives become available and new options present themselves allowing for better decisions and choices.
Ed Karsai is a Business and Personal Coach that specializes in helping his clients better themselves to better their business. He coaches business owners, managers, leaders, executives, entrepreneurs and employees.
“What I want to do is really connect with that individual and understand what they want,” says Karsai about when a potential client initially makes contact. “The more ready and willing and open the individual, the further we can go.”
Every individual has their own struggles and challenges, but many people carry an inner resilience, creativity and capacity to move forward through life’s challenges. There may be problems around us, but we each have the ability to work through them.
“As a coach, I am here as a facilitator to help you discover for yourself your next step and where you want to go,” says Karsai. Fundamentally, there is a belief in the client and that they have the ability to deal with their situation. “Starting with that assumption changes the tone of the conversation.”
Karsai says he’s looking for people who want to make a change and are motivated enough to take action. Together, he and his clients work to identify what’s holding them back while developing the necessary steps to achieve their goals.
"I’m looking for people who are fully committed to engage and do what needs to be done to move forward," says Karsai. “I love when people have a shift in perception and things start working for them. They’re able to move forward and begin to realize their goals and dreams.”
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (133 chatters)
- John Baptist (64 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (59 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (41 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (29 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (26 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (21 chatters)
- canadianglen (18 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (17 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- AlimBey (15 chatters)
- DDP Radio (13 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (13 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (13 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (10 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (10 chatters)
- 12kyle (8 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (8 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (7 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- churchfolk (6 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (6 chatters)
- sun752 (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (4 chatters)
- Tim Gatto Unedited and Uncut (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- Political T and T (3 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (3 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- BeverlyD (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (2 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (2 chatters)
- The Vent Man (2 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (2 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- The Blue Corner (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Coach Annette Brent (1 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (1 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (1 chatters)
- Dave in the City (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- KAS1 (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (1 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Ms E HeartLady (0 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (0 chatters)