SORT BY Relevancy
Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) reaffirms the ethics of the harvest, shared work and shared wealth. It thus is opposed to in-equitable distribution of wealth, and re-source monopoly and plunder by the rich and powerful. And it teaches us to privilege the poor and vulnerable, and uphold the right of all peoples to live lives of freedom, dignity, well-being and ongoing development. Ujamaa also urges us to give rightful recognition and support to the small farmers and farm workers of the world for the vital role they play in feeding and sustaining peo-ple and the planet, especially in the context of the globalization of agriculture and its destructive effects on the lives and lands of the people.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show Show with host Michael Imhotep, (Special Day) Sunday, Dec. 29th, 8:00pm-11:00pm EST. We'll discuss "Kwanzaa: What is Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) - Economic Empowerment for African-Americans in 2014". Listen to the show at http://tobtr.com/s/5861041 or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375.
We’ll deal with Economic, Entrepreneurship and ideas to recycle the $1 Trillion GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of African-Americans where approximately 98% of our dollars are spent with people who don’t look like us.
1st Hour - Recent remarks that Kanye West made about Jews having a great amount of power in Hollywood have landed him in hotwater. Well deal with some history of the Economic exploitation of African-Americans and what we can do to change this.
2nd Hour - 2014 is the year to take your business to the next level. We’ll have tips for you on how to increase profitability in 2014.
3rd Hour – The effect of the U.S. Highway Act of 1952 & 1956 on African-American Business ownership. It drove an expressway through our Business Districts across the country eliminating many of our businesses.
For more information about advertising please email us at TheAHNShow@gmail.com or call us at (313) 462-0003.
Listen to The African History Network Show with host Michael Imhotep, every Thurs, 8pm-11pm EST at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com .
Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation will be joined by members of the Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition (www.gullahgeechee.net), Chef Benjamin Dennis, and artist Red King Danto on this Kwanzaa 2013 broadcast focused on cooperative economics in the Gullah/Geechee Nation. Tune een fa yeddi ws sho-Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio!
Rick Santorum is a case study in the durability and legitimacy of retail politics, the face-to-face contact Iowans say make their state special.
He is the last of the Social conservatives have embraced then discarded a string of anti-Romneys: Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and Herman Cain. A finish in tier there could underscore the value of the retail politics style that other candidates have abandoned in favour of TV appearances, social media and campaign commercials.
Seven days of Kwanzaa
Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves stand up.
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together.
Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.
Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
Imani (Faith): To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
Join us on this day of Ujamaa ( Co-operative economiics ) as we share the annual founder's Kwanzaa message - " Celebtating and Living Kwanzaa, Sowing and Harvesting Seeds of Good"
Tonight will be a powerhouse episode. In 2013, 27 individuals already empowered with a Knowledge of Self were introduced to an intense study of International Trade and Commerce. After completing a course called the Simple Trend System developed by Steve Foxx, they emerged as Elite Traders and have since produced some very impressive results.
What they have learned is HOW to make a huge difference in Economic Empowerment, and Community Development for the people who need it most. US.
While everyone else is watching football, reality shows, and who knows what else tune into this discussion on a way to break free from Debt, Poverty, and Consumerism. And a way to take your place in the growing wave of successful Black Businessmen and Businesswomen that are coming on the scene today. 7:30pm EST 6:30pm CST
Join the Culture Rebel & special guests Sis Kentakte & Bro Morgan. We will share info on building wealth among Afrikan ppl via reciprocal support of one another's products & services. Ujamaa/Cooperative Economics will save Afrikan ppll!!! #SusuAnyone?
The African American celebration of Kwanzaa is from December 26 through January 1, and since its inception in 1966, has become widely practiced across the U.S. as a time of food, fellowship, and fun for those who appreciate the African cultural expressions of song and dance that reconnect us to our heritage. Kwanzaa is also a time where those who produce products may sell them at events as vendors in an open market style of selling reminicent of the African marketplace. It gives an opportunity for African American entrepreneurs to promote and sell products after the Christmas spending spree and still make money on the gift giving tradition of family and friends celebrating Kwanzaa. Started by Maulana Ron Karenga in 1966, Kwanzaa, although not a religious based holiday, promotes a set of seven principles to live by that are based on moral and ethical principles of a community that values the individual as part of a collective. Umoja, (Unity in Swahili) is the first principle. Today we look at those who are making efforts toward creating a stronger economic base using the principle of unity.
Join the Culture Rebel & special guests Sis Kentakte & Bro Kulcha. We will share info on building wealth among Afrikan ppl via reciprocal support of one another's products & services. Ujamaa/Cooperative Economics will save Afrikan ppll!!! #SusuAnyone?
The Buy Black Marketplace is a unique event designed to match skilled, talented professional African-American artists, fashion designers, crafts persons, Black Doll makers, home decorating artists with shoppers during a two day event. The goal was to recycle dollars and boost black purchasing power within the African-American coommunity. The Buy Black Marketplace took place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center on December 21-22. Cyberspace Sanctuary host Junious Ricardo Stanton spoke with the buy Black Marketplace co-producers Barbara Daniel Cox and Everett Staten, actrist/author/activist Sheryl Lee Ralph, film maker and producer Bob Lott and several entreprenuer/vendors who participated in the event.
Tonight Sun. December 29, 2013 on "NU Day" Ujamaa: Cooperative Economics
Join in for another "OPEN MIC" and express your views and opinions about Kwanzaa, the Nguzo Saba/ Seven Principles and how we can use these and other elements today (and in the furture) for real Justice and Liberation.
Also: Learn More about what's going on and coming up with the Million Woman Universal Movements
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (101 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (22 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (21 chatters)
- BeverlyD (21 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (10 chatters)
- John Baptist (10 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (7 chatters)
- Omega Man (7 chatters)
- Patriot Family (6 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (6 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (5 chatters)
- KAS1 (5 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (4 chatters)
- JASmius (4 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (3 chatters)
- RodneyPerryLive (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- Bare It All (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Live Radio Station (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- gregfilms (2 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (2 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (2 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (1 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (1 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Spirit Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dayplayer Dish (1 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (1 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (0 chatters)