SORT BY Relevancy
Larry "LAK" Henderson, The Hiphop Educator, is the founder and CEO of Smart Music Entertainment, and the creator of a new sound of educational Hiphop music that uniquely inspires people of all ages. His album, Lesson One: Hip-Hop & Education, has hit Amazon bestsellerlists (#1 in Hot New Releases and #8 in Educational Music), and has received airplay on major radio stations around the world, due to his combination of deep insights and authentic Hiphop sound.
Lak travels the country sharing his educational Hiphop soul music, offering "lessons" on topics that are rarely discussed, including current events, history, empowerment, political science, money management, and more. CBS calls Lesson One "creative, innovative, and informative." Dominion of New York Magazine says, "Most people who use Hiphop to educate do so badly. Lak does it so well."
Lak is a youth activist, social critic, history and religion intellectual, and
an innovative education advocate. He is a Hiphop ambassador, and a noted speaker on the impact of the Hiphop culture. He holds degrees in Africana Studies, Communications, and Labor Studies from Rutgers University, and studied studio engineering at the Institute for Audio Research.
Lak has been featured at a host of youth and college events, Hiphop conferences, festivals, and on major radio and television programs, including London, UK's BANG 103.6 FM, CBS, BET, Houston's 97.9 FM, Chicago's WVON, Tampa's 88.55 FM, Minneapolis's 89.9 FM, North Carolina's 101.9 FM, New York's 103.9 FM, LA Talk Radio, Princeton University's 103.3 FM, Rutgers University's 88.7 FM, and on the nationally-syndicated show, "In Black America," to name a few.
Last week on the Turn Up we dove head first into marriage and relationships. We covered communication and how it is necessary for a working relationship. We spoke about compatibility and touched on the ever important SEX. Well this week's show will be part two and it will probably get a little rated R/XXX, well maybe one X. So put the kids to bed early or send them to the other room cause we promise to make it grown & sexy
Don't forget to call in @ 914-803-4939 to ask any questions, make a comment or to just listen in
You can also log in to blogtalkradio.com/theturnUP on any device...yes even your smartphone to listen to the show starting @ 8pm
Well we've been gone too long and that is no bueno...So tomorrow we come back with a vengeance for a pre-Turkey day show. So while your making that Mac & cheese, cutting up them greens and getting your drink on listen in @ blogtalkradio.com/theturnUP @ 930pm
So call in and join the party @ 914-803-4939
Tommorows topic is still in the works but as always we will bring the TRUTH that only Vincent & Camelia can bring....so listen in
Tonight on the Turn Up we discuss relationships Do you remember how you met your significant other? What did you do to get them then? and, would you do it differently now? Come listen, call in, and share your stories with us on The Turn Up. As usual we bring our brand of honesty and humor to the show. We will also discuss current events, "things that blew our minds", "take a trip down the rabbit hole" and send out the "Bat signal" for those forgotten celebrities. Tonight at 9:30pm @ blogtalkradio.com/theturnUP call in at 914-803-4939
So here is how the Freestyle Friday Format Works.
1. Send your clean Radio Edit mp3 track to email@example.com with the #FreestyleFridays in the subject line by that Wednesday of the week you hope to be on Turn It UP!
2. In the Body of email send me your (Name) the (Track Title) and the last 4 digits of the phone number you will use to call into the show so if your track is selected, we can find you on the switchboard.
3. Wait for an email confirmation that your track will receive Air-Play from our Producer! We will also include the switchboard call-in number in the email. Now This is very important! Make Sure That You Are Connected To Me On Facebook and Twitter!
4. Practice your track intro and be ready to give your social media contact info. You will only have about three minutes after we play your track to say, who you are, give your social media and don’t forget to come up with a hot intro for your track, so be prepared! Remember there are other people waiting to get on just like you.
5. Tell all of your friends to Tune-in, share the show link on your social media, and make it happen! Who knows you may just receive an invitation to have your own music showcase on Turn It UP! Featuring you and your music for the entire World to Hear! Thats it! The rest is up to you!
Well we're back baby! Come join us for a very special episode on Sunday June 29th at 9pm. We will have Ali Kat and Studio 202 production on hand for a live taping of the show. That's right people we gonna be on TV.
We will be discussing the increasing blurred lines in society, not the Robin Thicke song but what seems to be the trending asexual push in society. We will also discuss homosexuality, is it nature or nurture. Are we born gay or are we taught to be gay by society.
So be sure to tune in @ blogtalkradio.com/theturnUP or call in @ 914-803-4939 to listen, ask a question or leave a comment. We ask in advance to keep the questions and comments respectful. This will be a constructive conversation not a show to bash anyone!
So we hope you join us
Tonight on the Turn Up we will tackle the subject of FORGIVENESS and what it means to us and a society as a whole. As usual Vincent and Camelia will bring there common sense approach along with there humor you have all grown to appreciate and love Do you forgive?.. How do YOU forgive?... So many of us enter into various relationships ((professional, intimate, romantic) without setting clear boundaries as to our expectations or limitations within the relationship. Are you a person who sets boundaries, or are you a person who waits for the relationship to fail in some way, play the blame game and behave like a victim. Do you forgive in theory or are you an active forgiver?..You express your hurt or disappointment, You set clear boundaries, and start anew.... Or do you express your hurt disappointment, set new boundaries, and reserve the right to bring up past indiscretions at will? So come and join us at are usual time of 10pm blogtalkradio.com/theturnUP call in with comments and/or questions at 914-803-4939
You know it's Tuesday, come turn up with your boy, Tick Tick Boom, live tonight, on Boom Live Radio!!!. You know that it's always gonna be some hella funny shit getting said tonight, so you might as well come join in on the fun too!!! Show starts at 7 p.m. Pacific, 8 p.m. Mountain, 9 p.m. Central, and 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time!!!! Call (347)857-4391 & press (1) to be cued in!!!!!
The beauty of having your own show on blogtalkradio.com is that you can schedule an episode anytime you want. So tonight cause we can we will bring a special edition of the Turn Up. Last week we left y'all hanging without your weekly live fix. We want to thank everyone who listened in to that archived show last week and who continue to support us as we try and bring interesting talk radio. Tonight we will focus on the topic of instant gratification as it pertains to today's youth. Kids today can only be described as the ultra microwave generation in the way they do everything. They don't want it now but right now and will compromise the moral lessons as parents and adults we try to teach them. From sexting to the actual act of sex they show a total disregard to what is right or wrong, they just want INSTANT GRATIFICATION. So come on people what do you have to do tonight besides listen to us at 8:30 pm and once again get a dose of common sense talk that only Vincent and Camelia bring. Oh yeah you can always catch the Love & Hip Hop reunion on the re-run, so don't front on US. We are suppose to just do an hour but you know how we do blogtalkradio.com/theturnup call in @ 914 -803-4939
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (12 chatters)
- New Way Power Hour (11 chatters)
- The Portal (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Moorish Light (2 chatters)
- MRX SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (2 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (1 chatters)
- BeTheLightRadio (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- Christian Devotions Speak UP (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- stop13stepinaa (1 chatters)