SORT BY Relevancy
Cross Link Radio, is health from the eye teeth on down. I’m here to help you understand some of the mysteries of health from the perspective of the oral health care provider, that’s me, Shirley Gutkowski. I’m a clinical dental hygienist. I’m in the prevention mode, helping you keep your health at its optimum by bringing a wide variety of guests with the information you want to know.
Our guest today is Joy Moeller, BS, RDH, a Registered Dental Hygienist and former associate professor Indiana University School of Dentistry who has been practicing orofacial myofunctional therapy (OMT) for over 30 years. She is an on- going guest lecturer at USC, UCLA, Loma Linda University, West Coast University, and Cerritos College to ortho, perio, and pedo dental residents and hygiene students. She is currently teaching at the Sleep Medicine Mini Residency Program at NYU.
She authored a children’s book called “Tucker the Tongue Finds His Spot.”, which is now available on Amazon. She is currently on the board of the AAPMD, a multi-disciplinary medical and dental group interested in airway problems and the AAMS, which is a new non-profit Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences.
We'll talk about what OMT is why the need is increasing and who is a good candidate for that kind of position. Dental hygiensits are uniquely qualified for this position because of their background in the structures of the head and neck, as well as how to relate to people, and how to work inside the mouth. It's an exciting time in OMT.
Host and Producer: Shirley Gutkowski
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Love Law Character Development (9 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (6 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (4 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (3 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rewrite Your Story (2 chatters)
- Simply Abundant Intuitive Hour (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- Word of Mom Radio (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)