SORT BY Relevancy
Henry Albert is the owner of Albert Transport, Inc. out of North Carolina and has been in trucking for 30 years. Jimmy Nevarez is President of Angus Transportation, Inc. of California, with 11 years within the industry and is a Magna Cum Laude honors graduate of DeVry University in Pomona, CA with a bachelor's of science in business administration.
They both are members of Freightliner's Team Run Smart, providing real-world advice about the trucking industry based on their professional expertise.
Mr. Albert will share his thoughts on such topics as: fuel savings, modern-day trucking technology and advancement and industry regulations.
As a driver of a CNG truck, Mr. Nevarez will discuss various issues such as: CNG operations, fuel mileage, safety and the future of compressed natural gas vehicles.
Join the conversation as we take a look at how trucking technology can pave the way to advancement in many areas of the industry which can lead to "Running Smarter."
Everything you need to know about getting and using your own trucking authority.
Get started with your own authority! Have questions on how to find freight to haul? We'll talk the basics of picking a load board, how to use it, and how to get set up with brokers. Join me on Trucking with Authority Tuesday at 7PM ET.
Trucking with Authority Episode 1
What are the different types of authority granted by the FMCSA and how are they different? How can you check the credit of brokers or potential direct customers? We will talk about how to apply for the authority that you need and how to make sure you're doing business with other reputable companies. Plus, your tips, tricks, and questions will all be discussed on the show tonight!
Deciding to get your Authority and Overcoming the Myths
It is Open Forum for this broadcast of Truth About Trucking "LIVE" as Donna and I will share about the recent Industry at Sea 2014 event and any trucking-related topic that comes to mind!
We will also touch on the SBTC's recent Police Misconduct Complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of fellow truck driver: Kenny Capell.
How about National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, beginning Monday, September 15? Your thoughts on this event? Is one week out of the year enough and what do you think the industry as a whole should be doing, relating to the appreciation of truckers?
Have a topic you would like to discuss? Join us as we open up the phone lines where our callers decide the topics for discussion. Have a new website, business or service to share with our listeners? Call in and tell us all about it.
Call-in number: 347-826-9170 ... come join the conversation!
Topics are open but we will be including discussions on accountability for the qualified driver shortage, why new drivers are not entering the trucking industry, and more importantly, why are they not staying? And Finally, is there a correlation between driver wages and safety?
Call in number to be a part of the show: 347-826-9170
Be a part of the chat room by opening a blog talk radio account. We will be giving away Tony Justice CD’s in the chat room!
As professional truck drivers make their way across the country, their job calls for them to work in every high crime area in the United States. Major cities such as Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, Baltimore, Oakland, the boroughs of New York City and everywhere in-between, truckers can find themselves in serious and dangerous situations.
With the trucking industry operating 24/7 with scheduled pickups and deliveries at any given time of the day or night, these men and women of the highway face many areas of criminal activity and can often be the targeted victim as well. Even though there is no Federal Law that prohibits truck drivers from the legal right to carry a firearm for protection, individual motor carrier rules may do so.
In 2012, Detroit city alone was home to 386 murders and 15,009 violent crimes as this is one of many major freight hubs where truckers must conduct business to keep America moving. Furthermore, rise in crime has fast been expanding outside of the typical major city areas such as states in the South and Midwest.
The reality of trucking is that it can be a dangerous job and the inability for the driver to carry protection due to company rules and regulations can only add to the situation. Even with a legal state permit, drivers can find themselves in trouble if the transporting of the firearm is not in accordance with Federal Law 18 U.S. Code § 926A.
Also, not every State recognizes an individual's State CCW. For example, only 34 states currently recognize a concealed weapon permit from the state of Florida; another aspect that could cause trouble for the driver entering such a state as New Jersey. It varies from state to state even more, as for example, only 18 states will recognize a permit from the state of Illinois.
Where do truckers stand on their ability to carry for their own personal protection? Call-in number: 347-826-9170
We will look deeper into the requirements of interstate operation. HUT and weight-distance taxes along with Intrastate DOT numbers.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (480 chatters)
- John Baptist (96 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (14 chatters)
- canadianglen (13 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (9 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (9 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (4 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (3 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (2 chatters)
- Little Show (2 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (2 chatters)
- Go Nameless Its Painless (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- YenYang (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)