SORT BY Relevancy
Join BluPrint Radio on Wednesday November 12, 2014 when we talk with Deriece Pate Bennett - Vice President of Government Affairs at the Maryland Chamber of Commerce. Deriece will share with our listening audience details about the upcoming HRCI Approved Labor and Employment Law Conference on November 20, 2014 in Annapolis, Maryland. She will give details about conference topics that reference the legal landscape in Maryland particularly based on the outcomes of the mid-term election.
As a lobbyist for the Chamber, she is responsible for advocating on the behalf of business on all issues pertaining to employment law, energy and environment and transportation. Deriece earned a Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration degree with a concentration in Public Policy and Management.
Prior to her tenure at the Chamber, Deriece served as the Executive Director for the Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc. where she was instrumental in implementing the Caucus’ agenda while operating as an intermediary between the Caucus, its constituents and community partners.
Enjoy the show!
Everything you need to know about getting and using your own trucking authority.
Get started with your own authority! Have questions on how to find freight to haul? We'll talk the basics of picking a load board, how to use it, and how to get set up with brokers. Join me on Trucking with Authority Tuesday at 7PM ET.
Bill and Rick discuss some of the basic concerns surrounding the Employer-Employee relationship, such as Hiring and Terminating Employees; Benefits and Compensation issues; Disability and Workplace Safety; and Discrimination and Harassment in the workplace. Many problems between employers and employees arise simply from a lack of some of the basic principles that both State and Federal law require. Knowledge about the direction you need to take surrounding these issues can either spark or deflate the potential for costly litigation.
Trucking with Authority Episode 1
Getting started: A beginer's story with questions and answers.
Open Forum on Truth About Trucking 'Live' We'll open it up tonight and discuss the update on the Truckers "Right to Carry" in all 48 states. The Bill titled "Mike's Law", is now in the House and the Senate and is named after murdered trucker: Michael Boeglin. To help pass Mike's Law, you can sign the petition: http://www.interstaterighttocarry.org
Additional topic for our program is one of three scheduled callers from trainer, Terry Sutton, who is training one of 40 deaf truckers in the country.
Have a topic to discuss? Call in number to listen or to be a part of the discussion: 347-826-9170.
If you would like to sign up for a TEXT alert notification to your phone for our Truth About Trucking "Live" broadcasts, Sign up via: https://mobile-text-alerts.com/truckingradio or you can text the word truckingradio to: 781-728-9542.
Come join the conversation!
What are the major concerns for professional truck drivers this week?
A Sleep Apnea Rule that may be getting closer to being implemented?
Are CDL Entry Level Training Standards soon to be in place, finally?
HOS rules? Is the 14 hour rule the "Root of all Evil?"
Liability Insurance increase to $4 million for motor carriers?
Mike's Law for the Federal Concealed Firearms Business Carry Permit?
Join us for our Trucking Round Table discussion with what is on your mind as it relates to the industry and drivers. The North American Trucking Alerts website is very close to launch date and we will have a chance to meet a few of the contributors to the site as they explain how they will be a part of NATA's Awareness, Accountability, and Action.
Come join the conversation on Blog Talk Radio: The largest radio social network in the world. Call-in number: 347-826-9170.
The battle is over and the Affordable Care Act is indeed law. Now what? How will it affect those within the trucking industry? Many are faced with this question and will need to understand in order to make an informed decision prior to the March 31st deadline.
Owner operators, company drivers, and trucking companies (who will be mandated in 2015 to provide coverage) will all need to know their options. Motor carriers, depending on the number of employees, will be required to offer health insurance.
What about cost, is it affordable? What other options do we have? What happens if you refuse coverage? How do you Calculate your AGI to see if you're eligible? What is the “On Exchange” and “Off Exchange?" What happens if carriers do not offer coverage to their employees? What will happen to those employees whose coverage is dropped by the employer?
Even for those who disagree with the act, knowing the facts will help to comprehend how this law will impact you, your family, and even you career.
Regardless of how one feels about the Health Law, it is one's responsibility to make educated choices based on information from those who provide insurance for the health industry and actually have knowledge of the trucking industry.
Tom Smith of CDL Consultant joins us as our special guest to share his knowledge and expertise in this serious and important decision-making.
Get started with your Motor Carrier Authority! Learn the ins and outs of being a motor carrier.
Truck Dispatch and Negotiations 101: If you've been a company driver or leased to a carrier, chances are you've had a dispatcher or load planner helping you. Now that you have your own authority, that job is yours! Many times there is someone at home that will try to fill that role, even if they are unfamiiar with the industry. We'll cover the very basics of how to dispatch a truck and negotiate a load. This episode will also benefit a spouse, significant other, or family member that may support you in your new venture.
With Special Guest: Elizabeth Long
What are the different types of authority granted by the FMCSA and how are they different? How can you check the credit of brokers or potential direct customers? We will talk about how to apply for the authority that you need and how to make sure you're doing business with other reputable companies. Plus, your tips, tricks, and questions will all be discussed on the show tonight!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (491 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (92 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (77 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (52 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (31 chatters)
- in5d (28 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (27 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (19 chatters)
- Black Author Network (19 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (18 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- ALLFACTS CONCEPT CRUSHER (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- Rifleman (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (10 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- The Advise Show (9 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (9 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (8 chatters)
- Curious Times (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- David Coney (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- NDB Media (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (4 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- reactionariez (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (1 chatters)
- tickmankyle1 (1 chatters)
- THE FRESH START CROWD FUNDING WEE (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Above The Fray Podcast (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- Cosmic Pillow Talk (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (0 chatters)
- Happy Hour Network (0 chatters)