SORT BY Relevancy
2013 Truck Parking Survey: Hope Rivenburg, widow of slain truck driver , Jason Rivenburg joins the WTN to talk about the progress and direction of the 2013 Truck Parking Survey of collected data from OTR drivers. Allen and Donna Smith, hosts of the Trucking Social Media convention and "Truth About Trucking" "LIVE" BTR Show will join in to talk about how the driver survey and focus group data will be summarized and shared at this year's convention in October. Driv
New York Congressman, Paul Tonko returns as our special guest to explain the details concerning the funding for additional truck parking areas as described within the Transportation Bill, per Jason's Law. MAP-21 also describes the shortage of safe truck parking for commercial truck drivers as a national priority and identifies projects that will be eligible for funding. Section 1401 of MAP-21, entitled Jason’s Law, is named after
Next week (02/17/14) my guests will be Barbra Pushies & Maridee Nelson, the creators & owners of the Yarnover Truck. The story behind this is great. They met in 2010 at a Tuesday night knitting group & became fast friends. One night at group, Maridee mentioned she was thinking about opening a yarn store. She had a name and a location all picked out, but the financial realities of a brick and mortar yarn store seemed overwhelming. During her weekly knitting class
Showtime 7:30 PM Eastern
Topic: Safety Cameras That Face Truck Drivers Inside The Cab of the Truck.
Truck Drivers discuss the trend at some carriers to install inward facing cameras that are said to improve safety. Though many employers now film employees at work for various reasons which include, safety, security, to monitor theft and performance, long haul truck drivers essentially live in their workplace and feel their privacy is being violated. What do you think?
Join our discussion as we chat with driver Ralph Acocella Jr. in a roundtable discussion about his experience working for a carrier with the inward facing cameras and how they were used in practice.
One more question to add to your list when you interview carriers you are considering working for.
Reviewing this weekend's events at Martinsville Speedway with a double feature on Sunday with the Camping World Truck Series and the Sprint Cup Series running today. We'll cover both series and give our opinions on each race.
Mom and Pop Truck Stops
We've all been there, at least those of us who've driven for big fleets. You pull into a Pilot and put in the 77 gallons of fuel as per your Qualcom. Parking? Not here. The parking lot is small. The only hot food is fast food and there is no TV room or driver lounge. You do what so many other drivers do. You drive your rig across the street to the mom and pop truck stop. It's been there for years, has good food and a drivers lounge.
Only this time, it's different. The truck stop is closed. Locked down, with a big chain across the entrance. Now you and the other 149 truckers that were going to park there tonight have to continue down the Highway and hope the next mom and pop truck stop is still in business. If you're e-logging or if there's a weigh station coming up, you have a real problem on your hands.
I was talking to a friend on the phone last night as he tried to park his old 379 for the night. It's not like he was on the east coast or southern California. He was in Oak Grove, KY. What do you say we crack this one open and talk about the shrinking parking lots of the not-so-full service truck stop.
We're also going to crack open Ephesians 6 and compare it to the Roman soldier's uniform in in the first century. This is where the rubber hits the road as far as being the man you want to be is concerned.
We will also talk a little more about Kevin Rutherford's latest Signature truck build.
Happy post-Valentine's Day, folks. In this week's show, bring you some R.O.C.K. in the form of an interview with Monster Truck guitarist Jeremy Widerman, a good friend of the magazine and absolutely phenomenal writer of riffs. We chat about the band's success on radio, their tours with the likes of Alice in Chains, Deep Purple, Buckcherry, and The Sheepdogs, and what it's like pushing into new territories. We're also happy to have Nick Whitehouse on the show, who designs th
Showtime: 7:30 PM Eastern Topic: The Female Truck Driver Trainer Shortage: Tyson Foods Calls For Female Truck Driver Trainers Guests: Tyson Foods Human Resource Manager , Regina McConnell and Driver/Recruiter , Michelle Higgins. Tyson Foods Private Fleet has largely gone unknown as a truck driver training carrier. As more women are encouraged to enter trucking without any clear path to success, Tyson Foods has begun an approach that calls out to ex
It's all about "The Business of Trucking" We'll be taking your calls and answering your questions about, trucks, money, fuel mileage, maintenance, investments, growing your business, getting started as an owner operator, taxes, accounting, buying and selling trucks, freight rates, brokers, getting your own authority, building a fleet and so much more.
I'll also use this show to bring you new guests and to develop ideas for new shows to add to our podcast lineup.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (78 chatters)
- Ms Blue (49 chatters)
- 62196 (45 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (38 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (16 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (13 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (10 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (10 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (10 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (10 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (9 chatters)
- OPWR (9 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (9 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (8 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (7 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (6 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Gorilla Joe (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- FridayNightcap wXEmiaj and Taylor (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Reader Tash (4 chatters)
- Sounding Off with Tank and Tony (4 chatters)
- The Final Buzzer (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- CaffSec (2 chatters)
- 63504 (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- CPS Issues (2 chatters)
- KennethLocklin (2 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (2 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (2 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (2 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (2 chatters)
- Rancho Radio (1 chatters)
- SupaFi64 (1 chatters)
- TheWriteStuff (1 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (1 chatters)
- THE BRYANT ORR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Wake Da Fuq Up (1 chatters)
- Weekend Block (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sol Spark Magazine (1 chatters)
- psjlife Lets Talk Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- MNTC RADIO (1 chatters)
- NexxLegacy (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Ed Boston Evangelistic Outreac (1 chatters)
- Addam from Adam (1 chatters)