SORT BY Relevancy
For the month of JUNE, Truth About Trucking "Live" Radio will be dedicated to Truck Driver Health concerns including obstacles and challenges that drivers face on a daily basis. For our first part of our series, we will address the serious state of truck driver health, including the illnesses drivers face, the choices they have made in the past and the viable decisions they are now making: Real life solutions for a better quality of life.
Our speical guests are three professional truck drivers who will share their testimonials and explain how they have changed their lives and also how they are mentoring and encouraging other drivers to change theirs as well. Their continual research for better health has created a wealth of knowledge among them which they will share as we kick off our first part of our Truck Driver Health series.
Donna will also share some of her insight she has learned and applied on living a healthier lifestyle, once finally diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.
Our special driver guests include: Mike Adams of Truckin Fitness, Tom Kyrk of Trucking Solutions Group and Road Tested Living and Rich Chelson of Essante Organics.
Join us as we address the causes of many driver illnesses, including: obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, arthritis, joint pain, digestive and many others for this SPECIAL Truck Driver Health Series.
Showtime: 7:30 PM Eastern
Topic: The Female Truck Driver Trainer Shortage: Tyson Foods Calls For Female Truck Driver Trainers
Guests: Tyson Foods Human Resource Manager , Regina McConnell and Driver/Recruiter , Michelle Higgins.
Tyson Foods Private Fleet has largely gone unknown as a truck driver training carrier. As more women are encouraged to enter trucking without any clear path to success, Tyson Foods has begun an approach that calls out to experienced female drivers that would consider becoming trainers for qualified female candidates.
Join us as we discuss the female truck driver trainer shortage, the issues that occur for women during training and the solutions we can achieve when women work together.
With the shortage of safe and secure parking for our nation's truck drivers back in the news, join us as we discuss the dangers drivers face every day because of the lack of safe truck parking availability.
Who is responsible for putting drivers at added risk? Where are the most difficult areas to find truck parking? How are regulations adding to the already dangerous parking situations? Who doesn't want to see more available truck parking?
Our guests include Hope Rivenburg of Jason's Law, Desiree Wood of Real Women in Trucking and our special guests, Ashley Boeglin and David Clark, wife and father-in-law of Michael Boeglin.
We will also review some startling results of the 2013 National Truck Parking Survey led by Hope and the detailed data analysis performed by Ms. Wood.
Join us for this very important broadcast.
ReShawna Leaven interviews Joe Howe, owner of Game Truck Party of Northern Virginia/DC. A mobile video game theater on steriods that's fully equipped with HDTVs, XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 and others. It's a great time for ages 7 and up. Birthdays, office parties, family reunions, cookouts and more.
Owner of Game Truck Party of Northern Virginia/DC
Book your Game Truck Party today! (888) 602-4263
Professional CMV drivers were earning more money in 1980 than they are today and they have seen truck driver wages fall by 40% during the past 33 years.
With no adjustment for inflation or other such economic factors, and by figuring in total number of hours worked per week, the majority of drivers end up earning an hourly wage that is far below the minimum wage.
Jeff Barker is an 18 year OTR veteran with over two million miles. A former heavy truck and transport refrigeration mechanic and truck owner-operator, he began writing for Land Line Magazine in 2005 and is founder of the Ride and Roll Program, a driver health and wellness plan.
Joining us as our guest, Jeff will discuss the post 1980 deregulation effects, the public image of the American trucker, why truck driver pay has not significantly increased over the past three decades and what he sees as the root causes and solutions to these problems.
Closing song: "Down the Road" by Rob Anthony.
in Self Help
Kindy Peaslee, registered dietitian (RD) joins us for a fun and informative chat about eating healthy from a food truck. Kindy started her own mobile smoothie truck this year, and shares more about that, too. What should you consider before eating food from a food truck? Join us and find out.
Originally recorded 7/7/2012 , Topics covered in this women truckers network rountable discussion include, training expectations from the trainers point of view, personal safety advice, driver conduct and trucking lifestyle challenges that most trainees are not prepared for when they enter the industry.
Listen in as the REAL Women in Trucking talk about the challenges the face and despite the obstacles, how they love their job.
Rez and Andy hit the road to chase down gourmet food trucks and their owners. They'll be talking to customers and chefs and taking your calls LIVE.
Do you have a favorite food truck or food truck experience? Call in and talk.
Food Truck Palooza!! July 20th
Spokane Food Truck List by location, day and cuisine.
KXLY Newsclip about the recent health inspections.
Big Pappas Jamaican Jerk Pan King of Tacos Couple of Chefs Shameless Sausages Big Reds Veraci Pizza Tacos Tumbras
For a FREE Audio book and trial from Audible click here Book Recommendation: From Scratch: Inside the Food Network
Showtime: 7:30 Eastern
Topic: Is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Truck Drivers?
Virginia Chomo, a volunteer of Trucker Charity,
will be our guest to discuss her discovery that there exist no carbon monoxide detectors for semi-trucks, despite standards that require the device in homes, boats, RV's and airplanes.
Truckers live in their trucks; most of them must idle for comfort control or have an Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) that reduces emissions. Either way, emissions are still an effect to the occupants.
Thanks to Virginia's work, the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is now developing and setting standards for Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors with truckers in mind.
Join us as she shares her findings and her work with manufacturers regarding the special needs of these detectors as related to semis.
Next week (02/17/14) my guests will be Barbra Pushies & Maridee Nelson, the creators & owners of the Yarnover Truck.
The story behind this is great. They met in 2010 at a Tuesday night knitting group & became fast friends. One night at group, Maridee mentioned she was thinking about opening a yarn store. She had a name and a location all picked out, but the financial realities of a brick and mortar yarn store seemed overwhelming. During her weekly knitting class at work, Barbra brought up her friend’s yarn store idea. It was always a dream of Barbra’s, too, but, like Maridee, it always seemed just out of reach. One of the members of the knitting group suggested a yarn truck and immediately Barbra was enamored with the idea. Hours of Google research on mobile retail business and one overwhelmingly long email to Maridee later, they found themselves on Melrose talking with one of LA’s first mobile boutiques. On July 5, 2012 the Yarnover Truck was born.
This year the Yarnover Truck team, as well as the Yarnover Truck itself will be on the STITCHES West Market floor. These ladies have a lot planned for the weekend. I’m looking forward to having them on the show so they can tell us what they’ve been up to and what we can expect at STITCHES and in the future. I hope you’ll join us for this show.
It's all about "The Business of Trucking" We'll be taking your calls and answering your questions about, trucks, money, fuel mileage, maintenance, investments, growing your business, getting started as an owner operator, taxes, accounting, buying and selling trucks, freight rates, brokers, getting your own authority, building a fleet and so much more.
I'll also use this show to bring you new guests and to develop ideas for new shows to add to our podcast lineup.
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (60 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (59 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (49 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (21 chatters)
- The Portal (17 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (15 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (13 chatters)
- SHRAonair (13 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Fins Radio (10 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (9 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (8 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- TimBinnall (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (4 chatters)
- PASOS (4 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (4 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (4 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (3 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (3 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (2 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Tom Florios Hard Rockin Sports (0 chatters)