SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight's show is a repeat of a popular show from July 23, 2013. The topic was Trayvon Martin. Listen and reflect on today's concerns regarding the shooting death of Michael Brown.
The conversation will be guided by the DR. MICHAEL E. HODGE, Chair of the Department of Sociology at Morehouse College; the REVEREND THOMAS BOWEN, Chaplin of the Morehouse Alumni Chapter, DC and Minister of Fellowship and Outreach at Shiloh Baptist Church in Washington, DC; and MR. TOM BACOTE, Morehouse alumnus who is based in Johannesburg, South Africa, serving as the Country Program Director for the Southern Africa Office of the American Center for International Solidarity.
To some Trayvon Martin is the “other brother”… the unfortunate one, the one who got caught, the one who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and, to some, he is simply the one who was a victim in a rather tragic story. But are we missing a powerful truth… is Trayvon Martin your son or brother? Is Trayvon Martin America’s son? Does Trayon's story mirror hidden and blatant racism? Listen and decided for yourself. Call in and share your thoughts.
This week, Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson takes on the Zimmerman trial and leads a "family" discussion to help absorb the blow of Trayvon Martin's killer being set free. For Americans reeling from the young man’s senseless death, the verdict is another mortal wound. Facts are reviewed; legal procedures are analyzed, from the point of view of relationships: Trayvon's to his immediate and extended family, George Zimmerman's to our nation of laws, and both of them to our own psyches. We look at emotional impacts of violence against young people of color in America, and examine the related legal statutes, past, current and future. At the Roundtable: Dr. Valerie Batts an expert on violence, healing and a change-oriented approach to diversity; New York Prosecutor and DA Mina Malik; Casey Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez; and Harvard Law Professor Ronald Sullivan.
At the center of our conversation: Where do we find solace and a way forward when justice, as delivered by the courts, feels wrong and unfair?
It is time to gather at the Roundtable as Stephanie Robinson delivers hot topics, deep talk and a little bit of uplift. Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson...pull up a chair.
This is a re-broadcast of the show titled: "Does the Evidence Prove Trayvon Martin Was Murdered."
in Real Estate
How are Pixely ka Isaka Semme, Apartheid, the Million Man March, Trayvon Martin,Ferguson, Missouri, and Karvis Gamble all connected ? Today on this episode of "It's My House" we shall how you the connection and how those connections are revelant today and in the future.
All of these connections contain (success clues) for today on a person level and community level.
Please feel free to call in and participate in our discussion by calling us tol free @ 619-768-2945.
Also make sure you have pen and paper right to take notes.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (32 chatters)
- ApostasyWatch Radio (27 chatters)
- IWS Radio (15 chatters)
- PAPSITE RADIO (9 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (8 chatters)
- Mind Right Radio (5 chatters)
- Yardie Skeptics (5 chatters)
- Sharry Edwards (4 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (3 chatters)
- Father Teresa (3 chatters)
- Fresh Word Broadcast (2 chatters)
- Marada Radio (2 chatters)
- Marcinho Savant (2 chatters)
- Showtime and Shizz (2 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (2 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- RU Instant Reaction Review (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- I Love Politics (0 chatters)