SORT BY Relevancy
This Episode is dedicated to the strategies of protecting our Company's name, likeness, image, logo and the intellectual property you create!! Sometimes our most valuable asset in our business is the goodwill associated with our name. We need to better protect all of the marketing efforts and money spent to create awareness for our product, service or even our website. KKOS Attorney, Jarom Bergeson will host this show with special guests and experts to explain the tactics and procedures to protect these valuable assets. We will answer questions about DBAs, trademarks, patents, copyrights, and all of your intangible assets...breaking down the basics so you know how to better protect these valuable assets. Join me this Tuesday, July 22nd, at 11am PST / 2 pm EST. You can call in and listen LIVE on the road at 646-200-4285, or listen in here from your computer.
Welcome to The Business Forum Show! Join Kevin Hunter, David Ford, and Jeff O’Brien weekdays on Blog Talk Radio, and on www.Live365.com/thebizforumshow.
Kevin Hunter and Jeff O'Brien talk Trademarks today on TBFS Radio. What's the value of a Trademark, how to register it, and the benefits of having a registered Trademark.
Why Use an Attorney to Register a Trademark?
An experienced intellectual property attorney can provide the legal assistance necessary to successfully register your mark, and take full advantage of your portfolio of intellectual property including copyrighted material, patents and trade secrets by offering the following services:
1) Performing searches of previously registered marks and other common-law marks to determine the most-effective way to apply for registration
2) Consider registration strategies to help avoid trademark infringement;
3) Filing of the trademark application to help avoid pitfalls, and use legal arguments to persuade the examining attorneys to approve the application for registration;
4) Responding to arguments made by the USPTO that challenge the application;
5) Investigating potentially infringing trademarks;
6) Working with U.S. Customs to monitor the importation of potentially infringing trademarks;
7) Counseling clients on the importance of policing their marks to avoid abandonment; infringement, and genericide (the process of trademarks becoming part of popular culture, and thus losing their value as trademarks)
8) Help clients file applications for their trademarks in other countries.
Have questions or comments? Call The Business Forum Show today at 763-267-7260.
in Self Help
Guest: David Schnider, SchniderLaw.
Do you know what intellectural property is? Why are copyrights and trademarks important? Is it true that you can use images from the internet on your website or other works. These questions and others will be discussed and answered.
Join my conversation with David Schnider of SchniderLaw on this important subject. If your Encore Career is having your own business, DON'T MISS THIS!!!
Join Legalocity host Jacqueline Crosby, Esq. and guest attorney Eric Osterberg to learn how trademarks and service marks can benefit your business.
Jacqueline Crosby is a NJ attorney, researcher, writer and educator who conducts seminars and webinars for the public.
Guest attorney Eric Osterberg began his career in 1993 in New York City at the intellectual property boutique Abeles Clark Osterberg & Prager, and later worked in the New York City offices of two large firms where he continued focusing on intellectual property litigation, licensing and counseling.
He is licensed in NY, CT, and MA specializing in intellectual property and business law. Currently operating from his CT office, Eric can help business owners identify imediate and future legal challenges and opportunities.
Eric is also a frequent lecturer and has published numerous articles on copyright law, including co-authoring “Substantial Similarity In Copyright Law” (PLI 2003-2012).
Visit Eric's blog at http://www.osterbergllc.com/blog/
The Klemchuk Kubasta Law Review is a quarterly educational Internet radio podcast focused on sharing news, tips and trends in complex legal issues focused in business, technology and innovation. Klemchuk Kubasta, LLP, provides patent, trademark, trade dress, copyright and trade secret services, including litigation, licensing, prosecution and other intellectual property counseling.
Topics covered on this show by Darin Klemchuk:
Washington NFL Team Loses Trademark for 'Disparaging' Name
Baylor sues alumni association over trademark use, says BAA abandoned ‘charitable purpose’
Florida Gators Score Trademark Touchdown
A trademark fight over the word 'Mormon'
Trending: Hashtags as Trademarks
Trademark and Domain Name Scams: Scammers Still Be Scamming
Darin Klemchuk is the co-founder and managing partner of Klemchuk Kubasta LLP, a Dallas-based IP boutique law firm that offers comprehensive intellectual property legal services, including litigation and enforcement of all forms of intellectual property as well as registration and licensing of patents, trademarks, trade dress and copyrights. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attorney Sarah Steele and writer Bennet Pomerantz discuss the subjects of the day.
The audience should know that although Ms. Steele is a licensed attorney, she is not offering legal advice in any capacity, is not establishing an attorney/client relationship with anyone listening to the show, and recommends that any listener of the show consult a local attorney for any legal advice they may require.
This show is about us discussing hot topics and how they relate to the law.
Tonight we discuss the topic of common usage and trademarks. In New York City right now there is a pending case that asks the question, “Can one group own Gay Pride? Heritage of Pride, Inc., is a nonprofit organization in New York responsible for organizing the city’s annual Gay Pride Parade as well as other Pride related events. However, it is not the only group that organizes Pride events and, as a result, are coming under fire. In 2011, Heritage filed a trademark claim to the phrase “NYC Pride,” and is now trying to enjoin other promoters, specifically gay promoters Brandon Voss and Jake Resnicow. One is not allowed to trademark a concept such as “Pride,” but what about the name? Tune in as Bennet and Sarah discuss this intellectual property quagmire.
Guest Erin Swanson of Swanson Law joins host Kevin Hunter on The Business Forum Show. Erin practices in the areas of business law, commercial real estate, contracts, and trademarks and copyrights.
For more information, please visit http://www.swansonlawmn.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/ES.Swanson.Law
FIVE-FOOT-NINE NBA SLAM DUNK LEGEND NATE ROBINSON SHARES HIS JOURNEY OF OVERCOMING THE ODDS IN HIS NEW BOOK ‘HEART OVER HEIGHT; Heart Over Height, available today at Amazon, iBooks and StateofNate.com
Also calling in is Professor of Public Interest Law at George Washington Law School? John Banzhaf to discuss Wednesday's, June 18th ruling on the Washington Redskin's trademark. Professor Banzhaf have been cited in many articles including, "Redskins" Trademarks Axed, Ruling Also Threatens Broadcasters Prime Time Use of Word On Air Could Violate Federal Law - FCC Officials.
Professor Banzhaf's bio is here: http://www.law.gwu.edu/faculty/profile.aspx?id=1759
This week we have lots to talk about, IRS loses some emails, FCC fines Chinese company $35 million for making and selling a device that most people would view as a usueful gadget. Iraq rolls on, as does the blame game. No boots on the ground, well maybe a few. Clinton and her book, a dry run at 2016? Chris Chistie snuggles up with the evangelicals. Redskins get trademarks skinned. What team is next?
Plus lots more
The Pledge of Allegiance. Brian will explain the Constitutionality of trademarks. We will be doing a lot of reports tonight starting with The Second Amendment Report and The Fuzzy Muzzy Report. Then,The Illegal Alien Invasion Report, The News Behind the News
Only 1 Hour due to technical difficulties--The Pledge of Allegiance. Brian will explain the Constitutionality of trademarks. We will be doing a lot of reports tonight starting with The Second Amendment Report and The Fuzzy Muzzy Report. Then,The Illegal Alien Invasion Report, The News Behind the News and The Loony Tuney Global Warming Report
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (59 chatters)
- Curious Times (36 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (32 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (30 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (25 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (24 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (19 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (11 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (10 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- William Telltale (6 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Da 420 SHOW (3 chatters)
- Amenti The Writer (3 chatters)
- UCC Show (3 chatters)
- womenradio (3 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (2 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (2 chatters)
- drinkfive (2 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (2 chatters)
- Relationship Realities with Lady K (2 chatters)
- My Rays of Light Radio (1 chatters)
- SciFi4Me Live From the Bunker (1 chatters)
- Soul Solution (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- Lavinia Masters (1 chatters)
- Crawdad (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Donna Schmid Wise Woman Coach (1 chatters)
- Wellness Universe (1 chatters)