SORT BY Relevancy
The realization has slowly been dawning on increasing numbers in the past few years that we’re living in a soup of toxic chemicals. Toxic chemicals are sadly omnipresent in our modern world – in our water, air, food, clothing, carpeting, furniture, the soil, etc. Report after report comes out these days on new health impacts of these toxicants. Is there any change on the horizon? Diane Brandon, your Host and author of Intuition for Beginners, is joined this week by John Warner, Ph. D., Founder and President of the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry, founder of University of Massachusetts - Boston's first Green Chemistry Ph.D. program, and co-Author of Green Chemistry: Theory and Practice. Mr. Warner is an award-winning leader in Green Chemistry and has worked to incorporate it into semiconductor design, biodegradable plastics, personal care products, solar energy, and other materials. He’ll be sharing the ins and outs of Green Chemistry with us, where we are in the process of replacing toxic chemicals, and what he envisions for the future.
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes Dr. Janice Stanger author of the book: The Perfect Formula Diet. We’ll hear about toxic chemicals in personal care and cleaning products and how a whole foods, plant-based diet helps protect you against the health effects of toxic chemicals. Look for the companion cookbook to Season Three: Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites. (You can pre-order it now!) Dr. Stanger has a Ph.D. in Human Development and Aging from University of California, and she is Certified in Plant-Based Nutrition through the T. Colin Campbell Foundation and eCornell University. She holds a M.B.A from the University of California, Berkeley and is author of Vegan From the Inside, the first-of-its kind survey of the experience of being on a plant-based diet. Dr. Stanger spent 14 years critically analyzing scientific findings until perfecting the formula she shares with us in her new book.
What is the point of ingredient and calorie labels if they can’t be trusted?
There is NO safe level of this ingredient and food producers should cease and desist the industrial production of it. In fact, eating just a tiny amount of this nasty ingredient can increase your risk of heart disease and make you store more and more visceral fat (the belly fat most golfers have) A dangerous kind of belly fat that’s almost impossible to get rid of. We want to help you learn EXACTLY how to eliminate this toxic food from your kitchen forever. MANY of the “health” food labels that show zero amount of this toxic ingredient contain significant amounts, but food companies get to LIE about it. Tune in you will not want to miss our show, this Wednesday eveing at 7:PM EST
Put Toxic chemicals to rest, permanently and you will stay healthy longer, and resist disease longer and live longer.
Pollution you expose yourself to on a regular basis, of particular concern are chemicals known or suspected to be carcinogenic. Even "green" alternatives can contain harmful ingredients. It’s unfortunate, but the terms “green” and “natural” are really nothing more than marketing terms, and they do not automatically equate to safety. Moreover, many ingredients do not even have to be listed on the label in the first place, which makes it even more difficult to discern what you’re being exposed to. The manufacturers have conveniently lobbied the government to exempt them from this requirement, so they can purposely omit any ingredient that is considered a secret formula from its label. Not surprisingly, many of these non-disclosed ingredients are actually very toxic.
The realization has slowly been dawning on increasing numbers in the past few years that we’re living in a soup of toxic chemicals. Toxic chemicals are sadly omnipresent in our modern world – in our water, air, food, clothing, carpeting, furniture, the soil, etc. Report after report comes out these days on new health impacts of these toxicants. Is there any change on the horizon? Diane Brandon is joined this week by John Warner, Ph. D., Founder and President of the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry, founder of University of Massachusetts - Boston's first Green Chemistry Ph.D. program, and co-Author of Green Chemistry: Theory and Practice. Mr. Warner is an award-winning leader in Green Chemistry and has worked to incorporate it into semiconductor design, biodegradable plastics, personal care products, solar energy, and other materials. He’ll be sharing the ins and outs of Green Chemistry with us, where we are in the process of replacing toxic chemicals, and what he envisions for the future.
Over 80,000 chemicals flow through our system of commerce, and many are going straight into our bodies. Even our unborn children are affected. Due to this constant exposure, we have approximately 200 synthetic industrial chemicals interacting with our cells every single day. Until recently, modern science really didn’t understand what that could mean for all of us in the long run, but that is changing.
Join me as I interview the filmmaker of the movie, Ed Brown, "Unacceptable Levels" a powerful film that explores:
What the top minds in the fields of science, advocacy, and law are saying about the current levels of chemicals in our most commonly used products
What the current level of chemical exposure has to do with rising rates of disease, and long-term health results
What you can do to protect you and your family from chemical exposure
Why is it that the term "Natural Hair" alone brings so much emotion to the forefront of a community?
Why should we even have the term "Natural Hair" which in actuality reveals that most sport as unnatural hair.
But if one were to mention this to an individual who dyes their locks, straightens them, heats them up and then douses them with all types of substances as though their hair was in a burn unit, you might get a few unkind words thrown your way.
So most of us understand this common argument that brews under the surface of the Black hair industry.
But in many recent findings we have discovered that even within the natural hair movement their is a separation somewhat of what many feel are the ideals that personify and represent it.
Well let me get straight to the point.
There is a great divide within the natural hair movement that is beyond disgusting and baffles the mind over and above any measure.
The problem that seems to be ever growing and brewing as we speak is that many women in the Natural Hair Movement seem to want to through shade at anyone who is also in the movement who has hair that is curly and not kinky.
Is this immature or what?
Here we expect to see a special breed of enlightened woman, who has embraced her natural beauty and has broken the shackles that society has placed on many to turn around and feel so negatively toward another who is supposed to be on the same team!
.......and JUST when I thought many of our Sisters were making progress this type of backward thinking rears its ugly head.
Is this the reason that it seems that only Black women call their trip to the hair salon "The Beauty Salon?" Why is it that I don't hear other races refer to it in this manner? Does this indicate that many Black women do not feel as tough their natural state is anything BUT beautiful?
Thom Somes is president & founder of Pet Tech Productions, the first International Training Center dedicated to CPR,First Aid & Care for dogs & cats. Thom is a renowned author, speaker & trainer specifically in the field of health,wellness & safety for pets.
Thom's career started in the medical field over 40 years ago. He trained with the Michigan State Police & worked as an EMT for several ambulance services & at Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Cardiac Training Center as an Affiliate Faculty for the American Heart Association. He was an Instructor teaching human CPR, First Aid & AED trainings.
Later he earned his Veterinary Assistant 1 & 2 and volunteered hundreds of hours at Pet Emergency Hospitals & Specialty Centers to merge the ideal world (Animal ER) with the real world (in the field). With the help of several veterinarians, Thom merged his passion for pets with teaching and medicine and created the premier Pet CPR, First Aid & Care Training programs on the planet. To date, Pet Tech has trained almost 1000 instructors & 15 Master Instructors in 7 countries. Together their mission is "Improving the Quality of Pet's Lives, One Pet Parent at a Time."
Thom is the author of "Knowing Your Pet's Health,A Guide to Optimal Wellness from Snout-to-Tail" which is responsible for saving & improving thousands of pets' lives. It first debuted in Dear Abby in 2001. More info: www.PetTech.net.
Avoid toxic repellents that can harm your pets, see http://petsagainstchemicals.com for a safe, chemical-free repellent for fleas,ticks, mosquitoes that can save you money. For support & free seminars for being the awesome person your pets know you are: http://jazzupyourlifewithjudy.com
Ancient of Days
Follow me down the rabbit hole, and remember to say a prayer before you embark on your journey into history and current events. Atlantis was real, and it was not a good place to live. Utopia is fine, if you happen to be a philosopher king. We are only now beginning to rediscover the treasures which we have lost in the mists of antiquity. Plato told us that we live in a cave and that all that we see is merely a procession of shadows on the wall of that cave. Plato’s “allegory” is literally true.
No Bull Zone with Ferdinand
The Zone can be a place to share your experiences or hear how Ferdinand or his guests have made a difference in their respective fields or areas they are passionate about. You will be amazed what one person can really do even in these trying times when the media has such a monopoly. We The People have to do something not just talk about it!
Freedomizer Radio Call in and join us - 347.324.3704
Support our network by joining our live chat and listen at FreedomizerRadio.com
1 pm Eastern, Noon Central: "Full Time Mom!" host Francielle Daly
Join Francielle Daly, airing from Chicago, every "Mommy Monday" for tips, tricks, strategies, and discussion about the joys and challenges of being a Full Time Mom!
Nancy Lessner is a medical nutritionist from New Jersey, who has helped over 2,500 kids, teens and families with obesity-related problems over the last 20 plus years. She has created the “Eat Right. Drink Right. Live Right.” series of seven videos to get kids to WANT to eat healthy and make better food and drink choices.
By educating, motivating and empowering kids, teens and families to adopt a healthy lifestyle and avoid toxic, addictive foods, drinks and ingredients, she believes her videos will help prevent and reverse childhood and teenage obesity, a major tragic trend in the U.S. and around the world.
If your past toxic relationships or bad past experiences continue to resurface. This Friday may be a great day to have a funeral.
You should not allow anything to live rent free in your head, allowing that to happen will only have those bad experiences pulling you into the grave with them.
Join me on this evening as we discuss "DIG A LITTLE DEEPER" and bury those toxic relationships. We'll also speak on how to leave them there.
The Conversation will begin at at 6 p.m. (CST) / 7 p.m. (EST). Listen/call in (347) 326 - 9139. You can also access the show from the Conversations With Trent app!
Only at #Blogtalkradio #Vibrationradio #somecallmetrent
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (103 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (64 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (42 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (31 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (9 chatters)
- Life Conversations (8 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (7 chatters)
- CE Radio (7 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (6 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (6 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- wayneG (6 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (5 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (4 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (3 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)