SORT BY Relevancy
Farming is one of the best ways for poor people to become self-sufficient, and our guest, Tim Wright, strives to help them make it happen.
Tim Wright is the Executive Director of Sauti Moja, an organization that originated from a desire to help vulnerable women and communities, and local friends seeking support for their ideas to help their communities.
Sauti Moja is focused on improving the lives of the pastoral people of East Africa who are currently struggling to survive the destructive effect discrimination, disease, land loss and drought are having on them. Pastoralism is a complex system of livestock and resource management that is inadequately appreciated by most Western experts. This system is in trouble with more frequent and serious droughts related to global warming.
Sauti Moja links donors to the community initiatives of indigenous people, like the Maasai of Kenya and Tanzania. These initiatives include education of vulnerable girls and children, HIV/AIDS prevention, and providing livestock to widows and single mothers. Local leaders have the power and ability to change their lives, and the organization partners with complementary skills and additional resources to ensure their success.
Tim has a range of technical and management skills acquired over 35+ years of professional experience, including program management in six countries and consulting in eight others. His relief and development expertise was gained through employment with the Government of Canada, Canadian Red Cross, NGOs (World Vision Canada and Food for the Hungry International), and church agencies.
Please share this episode of Billions Rising's Self-Reliance Radio with your friends.
Join Dr. Bob Wright as he coaches callers on how to make effective leadership moves. Are your problems simply opportunities to learn and grow? Listen in and find out how to get the most out of every task you take on.
Considered by many to be one of the leading thinkers in human development, Dr. Bob Wright (www.drbobwright.com) is an internationally recognized visionary, educator, program developer, author, speaker, relationships expert, entrepreneur, consultant, and executive coach.
Dr. Bob Wright has demonstrated success in a wide variety of areas. He is an outstanding radio and television personality. Writing books on purpose in business and people skills, his work has been translated into multiple languages and sold over 200,000 copies around the globe.
Dr. Bob founded the Graduate Institute for the Realization of Human Potential and the Foundation for Transformational Leadership. Dr. Bob Wright’s degrees include a BA in Sociology, MA in Communications, MSW in Clinical Social Work, and a Doctorate in Education, Leadership, and Change.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (74 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (50 chatters)
- Ron Reck (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (3 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (3 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- Ken Beth (2 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (1 chatters)
- Apostle Lonnie Stocks (1 chatters)
- Big C Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- reactionariez (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- The Chatter Box0 (1 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)