SORT BY Relevancy
Many of us know Thomas Merton as a spiritual writer of great depth, but few of us know his poetry. So what better opportunity to get to know it? Join Lori and Alice as they discuss the value of wisdom versus learning, the limits of science, and the holiness of ordinary life at their weekly spiritual book club. You're invited to join, too!
Thomas Merton, contemplative, Trappist monk, poet and author, is the subject of spiritual direction for thousands of people, Catholic and nonCatholic alike. He is also one of our favorite authors! Join Lori and Alice as they take on some of Merton's greatest essays, opening up discussion on subjects such as sin, war, honesty, mercy and God's will. This is a can't-miss for Merton fans!
Merton was a man who searched. If you are up for some deep searching this week, join us! Merton's book "No Man is an Island" is an honest look at the interior life of a contemporary contemplative. We look forward to being withyou this week!
Tonight at 8pm ET on Ernest Radio Network, it's Political Gravity.
Your host Jane Hoffman goes back to one of our favorite subjects on Ernest Radio Network, that of monk & charity worker Thomas Merton. He lived an extraordinary yet simplistic life, dedicating it to God's service. Tonight, Jane focuses her attention on his time at the Abbey of Gethsemani, in Kentucky. He arrived there in 1941, and stayed until his death in 1968. You'll hear more on this amazing human being tonight.
All this plus NPR news, music, & much more.
Thomas Merton said "One mortal sin is more powerful than an atom bomb." What he meant is that each individual chooses sin like hate, greed, lust and it manifest itself - it is a driving force for war and other human conflict. Jane will read excerpts tonight and Jon will respond. Other current events. too.
Imagine a book club built around your prayer life — with no reading required! Lori Strawn and her friend Alice Shelton discuss spiritual themes and questions from literature and poetry, then top it off with a prayer from the Prayables collection. Join us in our journey to find God between the pages of our favorite books. This week, Lori and Alice will discuss a quote from Thoughts on Solitude by Thomas Merton.
Jack Thomas Smith made his feature film-directing debut with the psychological thriller “Disorder.” He was also the writer and producer of that film. “Disorder” was released on DVD by Universal/Vivendi and New Light Entertainment. It was released on Pay-Per-View and Video-On-Demand by Warner Brothers. Overseas, it screened at the Cannes Film Festival and the Raindance Film Festival in London. Curb Entertainment represented “Disorder” for foreign sales and secured distribution deals around the world.
Born in 1969 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Smith lived there until he was eight when his family relocated to a quiet island community in Michigan, which would later serve as the inspiration for his upcoming film “In the Dark.” He began to write at a very young age after reading the Stephen King novels “Salem’s Lot” and “The Shining.” By the time he was eleven, he had written a 300-page novel and a number of short stories.
Smith’s family moved to Sparta, New Jersey when he was a teenager. It was there in that middle-class town that he discovered the films of George A. Romero, Stanley Kubrick, Brian DePalma, and John Carpenter. Inspired to make movies, he wrote and directed a handful of short films that were shot on Super 8mm and starred his brother and friends in all of the roles.
Tonight on Unraveling the Matrix... join Austin Thomas and the notorious Lee "The Mouth" Peer as they discuss social conditiontioning, and it's many adverse affects... including... the disdainful "FLAGGOTRY", anongst others... OPEN LINES.. 1-347-855-8301 and state your opinion... you will not want to miss this explosive show!!!!
Two African greats one who nearly liberated nearly the entire continent of Africa from the Rothschild family to the African Che Guevera who freed Burkina Fasko from an oppressive government Thomas Sankara whose fight will always be remembered in Africa despite his brutal end to his revolutionary life who was ended by the French supported coup
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts: Angela Thomas & Rodney Smith
Our Topic(s) today: “Memorial Day 2015 Story of One Man's Survival During a Mortar Attack at Tan Son Nhut Air Base in Saigon, Viet Nam.”
If you have a question, comment or just want to listen, give us a call: (347) 826-9600
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (461 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (63 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (54 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (28 chatters)
- BeverlyD (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (14 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- SSRN (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (7 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (4 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- American Peoples Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The SwaggerScan Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- So Focused Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- The Urban Release (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (1 chatters)
- This Is The Full Fledge Show (0 chatters)
- Curious Times (0 chatters)