SORT BY Relevancy
Some are not aware of the fatal connection between Theonomy, the Sabbath and Dispensationalism. In the upcoming broadcast, this fatal connection is shown. While those who advocate Theonomy and simultaneously claim to oppose Dispensationalism, fail to clearly distinguish between the practical applications of both. The Sabbath becomes a common denominator for the view that advocates a separate theology for Israel, unfulilled and thus practicing the Law including the Sabbath and Theonomy which also argues the ongoing authority of the Sabbath. Thus both views perpetuate the ongoing and futurity of the Sabbath. For more information see DonKPreston.com and AllThingsFulfilled.com
The Sabbath is very much neglected in the study of eschatology (end times teaching). Many who do speak of the Sabbath as central to their theology often fail to undersrtand and or acknowledge the typical nature of the Sabbath and its relationship to the fulfillment of all things.
In other words, not until all types and shadows are fulfilled, does the Sabbath cease to have relevance and signficance in redemption. "So let no one judge you in food or in drink or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things [about] to come, but the substance is of Christ." (Col. 2:16-17)
Of the elements in the text, all of them were the types and shadows of the true realities in Christ. To list them for futher clarity they are:
These belong to a group categerized as the shadow which prefigured the reality in Christ. As goes, one, so goes them all. For those who claim the Sabbath(s) is binding, they should be consistent and bind the food, drink, festivals and new moons. In other words, they should acknowledge they are but practitioners of a fractured Torah ministry.
As long as these are joined together in Scripture, no man has the right to rend them asunder. Yet, so many have done so to create a new theology of the church. Their doctrine in essence is, unless you keep the law of Moses, you cannot be saved.
Can you imagine these modern Judaizers at the Jerusalem conference where Peter stated concerning the Gentiles that they (Torah-keeping Jews) would be saved even as the non-Torah keeping Jews? (Acts 15:1f)
Further, Stephen died by stoning for teaching that that Jesus Christ would come and destroy the temple and change the customs delivered to Moses. (Acts 6:13-14) Were the customs listed above spoken to Moses? Join us today at 6pm.
On this edition of Cross Encounters Radio:
1. Evangelist Ray Comfort of Living Waters discusses his upcoming movie "Audacity."
Ray Comfort and the team behind the award-winning “180,” “Evolution vs. God,” and “Noah—And the Last Days” are making their first scripted short film, using professional actors.
“Audacity” is about a Christian (Peter) struggling to find his voice as a young believer in a culture that rejects the biblical view of homosexuality. The movie follows him as he learns to lovingly speak the truth to his friends, in spite of their opposing views.
2. A Tribute to one of the greatest Irish preachers of all time, Ian Paisley.
3. Why won't Tony be talking about Theonomy anytime soon.
4. MTV's hit TV show, "Ridiculousness," wants to use one of Tony's open-air preaching videos on their show. Tony will share why he said, "No."
Continuing our coversation with Jeff Durbin of Apologia Radio. In part 2 we discuss reformed theology, postmillennialism, eschatology, theonomy, his upcoming debate and medical marijuana.
We will also be discussing the highlights of the week in podcasting.
Download past episodes on iTunes, please subscribe, rate and review.
Follow us on twitter.
Is the USA a Christian nation? If so, what would it take to stop the nation from being Christian? If not, was it ever? What do we mean by a "Christian nation" anyway? Should we seek to make America more of a Christian nation? How closely should our laws follow the Bible?
Tune in Monday, August 22, at 6 PM as Wesley Wilson discussed this subject. Be ready to join the conversation.
in The Bible
Should Old Testament Law be the basis of modern civil and criminal law? If so, how far should that go? How do we decide which provisions apply today, and how do we tell the difference? Is there even a clear distinction between ceremonial, moral, and civil law?
Join Wesley Wilson on Monday, Sept. 5, at 6 PM. He doesn't have all the answers, but he's ready to explore the questions and try to reach a few conclusions.
On this program, we will be discussing the foundation of our Rights. We will explain where they come from, the proper jurisdiction of them, and what they are. The Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence will be explained in reference to the rights of the people, in which the depths may surprise you.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (111 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (12 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (10 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- The Spirit Science Network (7 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- SHILOAH (5 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (5 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- The Sinners Ball (5 chatters)
- WARRIOR OUTREACH RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- Donny C (4 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- The Rebecca Juro Show (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- African On The Move (1 chatters)
- and now for something completely (1 chatters)
- Champion Talk (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)