SORT BY Relevancy
On the final Cinema Royale of 2014, we end the year with one amazing show! As the awards season kicks into full swing we'll look at two of the year's biggest films. Ava DuVernay's Selma has been earning accolades for her direction and the performance of star David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King, Jr, but is it the Oscar contender some have pegged it to be? And Peter Jackson wraps up his second Tolkien trilogy with The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies!
All this, plus news on The Interview and the Sony hacking scandal that has ripped through Hollywood
This week on a special episode of Black Geek Movie Talk we welcome back some special guests to discuss the 3rd - and final - installment in Peter Jackson's re-telling of Tolkien's "The Hobbit". Overbloated nonsense or masterful fantasy storytelling, we'll let you know in this mega geek episode of Black Geek Movie Talk.
On this week's ScreenPicks Movie Show, we review three new films. First, we look at The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, which is the third film in Peter Jackson's series. Then we'll review Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, which is also the third film in that series. Finally, we will discuss Mr. Turner starring Timothy Spall as British painter J.M.W. Turner.
Ryan is a talented actor set to be next seen on the big screen in Peter Jackson’s acclaimed movie “The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies” based on the book by J.R.R Tolkien playing the role of Alfrid, chief political councilor and general dogs body for The Master of Laketown (Stephen Fry). We will be joining us to talk about his time on the movie, his time in New Zealand, working alongside such huge stars and his other projects including BBC America's The Musketeers. Some of his past films and BBC series he's appeared in have been, Hamlet, Headphones, Murder on the Homefront, Doctors, Down to Earth and appeared in many plays.
His character, Alfrid, is chief political councilor and general dogs body for The Master of Laketown (Stephen Fry) his duties vary from discussing affair of state to emptying the master’s chamber pots sometimes at the same time.
Ryan recently finished filming the second season of BBC America’s “The Musketeers” in which he is seen as Louis XIII is King of France. The show is set at a time of bitter rivalry with Spain and bloody internal turmoil between religious groups.
Ryan is currently filming “A Hundred Street” In the movie he portrays Vincent a drug dealer who has teams of younger drug dealers working below him.
Follow Ryan on Twitter at @RyanGage and on Facebook HERE.
Once again coming to you live, is the Evan Nestore Show. With co-host, Callahan King.
Release date: December 17, 2014
(3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Director: Peter Jackson
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for extended sequences of intense fantasy action violence, and frightening images)
Screenwriters: Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Guillermo del Toro
Starring: Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, Martin Freeman, Stephen Fry, Jed Brophy, Christopher Lee, Orlando Bloom, Billy Connolly, James Nesbitt, Ian Holm, Hugo Weaving, Ken Stott, Benedict Cumberbatch, Graham McTavish, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Evangeline Lilly, Richard Armitage, John Bell, Adam Brown, John Callen, Ryan Gage, Mark Hadlow, Peter Hambleton, Stephen Hunter, William Kircher, Sylvester McCoy, Dean O'Gorman, Mikael Persbrandt, Aidan Turner, Manu Bennett, Lawrence Makoare
Genre: Action, Fantasy, Adventure
AreYouScreening.com and BFCA critic, Marc Eastman, and co-host extraordinaire Shane Leonard will be taking on The Hobbit, The Golden Globes nominations, and probably a few other films.
The Desolation of Smaug is getting good reviews (better than the first film), and we'll let you know what's going on there. Is this series going to improve throughout?
Call in or join us in the chat to let us know your thoughts, or ask any questions.
Join host Daniel Michael,associate producer Genise R. White and Brett Hillman as they welcome their guest Elizabeth Gilhuly.
Elizabeth is part of a group of people embarking on a fascinating project.
This is a very real plan to start a village were the homes are REAL LIFE HOBBIT HOUSES!!!!
Tune in to find out how this is possible and perhaps how you yourself can become a part of this amazing ,real life Hobbit village!!!
Join us in our circle!.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (96 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (33 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (33 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (17 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (17 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Gettysburg Ghost Gals (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (9 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (8 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (8 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (7 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (6 chatters)
- PrismRadio (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (6 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (6 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (5 chatters)
- NTEB (5 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (4 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- American White History Month (4 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (4 chatters)
- BeverlyD (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Darryl James (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (0 chatters)