SORT BY Relevancy
Even if it isn’t as much of grabber as the TV series, Guy Ritchie’s reboot sure gets points for style.
In the high-concept mode of “well, it worked with Mission Impossible”, we’re reaching back to a popular network series from the 1960’s to kick off what is clearly intended as a new feature length series. Inherent problem: in those days, America was in the midst of the Cold War with the Soviets. The concept of odd-couple pairing a CIA and KGB agent was fun because it was timely. Now? Not so much. That Cold War has thawed; there isn’t even a Soviet Union anymore. So the teaming of an American and Russian spy just doesn’t have the same oomph.
Ritchie, who co-wrote and directed, clearly doesn’t care. He plows ahead with the conceit, using it as a set up and then plunging merrily into a rather standard international mission thing which will save the world from nuclear bad guys (and remarkable sexy women). This “Man” is more style than substance and, in this case, that’s not so bad. Because the style is great. The scenes move along, the action is watchable, the people are very pretty. Very pretty Alicia Vikander, who may or may not be a damsel in distress, wears the coolest mod fashions. Elizabeth Debicki makes quite the impression as the louche louse. Hugh Grant shows up for a while, but the movie, as it should, centers around Henry Cavill, who is bland but sure handsome as Napoleon Solo and a surprisingly light on his toes Armie Hammer, clearly having fun as Illya Kuryakin. Everybody, it should be noted, wears great clothes and drives around in breathtakingly beautiful classic cars, making this movie, if not the most exciting release of the summer, sure one of the most fun to look at.
In the 1960's, thrillers were the "Name of the Game" on network television (pun intended). Spy series were especially successful. So much so that more than 40 plus years later, their allure has beckoned a new generation of fans, current movie goers, to these savvy recreations, that have kindled a new spark into the spy thrillers of old. Our focus will be on the 2015 releases of two such action films that got their start as TV series back in the mid to late 60's; Mission Impossible and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Join Critic Karen D (@kdmoviemaven) and me, you host Greg Morgan (@reelmovieguy) as we discuss these two films and reminisce a little on these TV classics.
[Our show will be simulcast live on Blog Talk Radio and Streaming on the Blab social media platform from 11:00 pm until 11:30 pm EDT, then continue solely on the Blab platform from 11:30 pm until 12:00 am EDT]
On this week's ScreenPicks Movie Show, we review four new films. First we look at Noah Baumbach's new movie Mistress America starring Greta Gerwig. Then we look at Straight Outta Compton about the rap group NWA. Next, it's a review of Man from U.N.C.L.E. starring Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill. Finally, we look at People Places and Things with Jemaine Clement.
JOIN NOBLE BODDIE (SON OF MAN) OF THE HOLY TABERNACLE MINISTRIES AND THE ADONAI OF SOUL KING ELLIS EVERY SUNDAY AT 12 PM EST ON THE SON OF MAN BORN AGAIN SHOW! ONLY ON WGAG RADIO! 1.347.884.9239
A DAILY WORD FROM MAKU: THE NINTH MONTH (MONTH OF THE ANUNNAQI/ELOHEEM ASIM ETHERS) THE FIFTH DAY NOVEMBER 29, 2015 "THE FIRST STEP TOWARD CHANGE IS ACCEPTANCE. ONCE YOU ACCEPT YOURSELF, YOU OPEN THE DOOR TO CHANGE."
I WILL BE RANTING ON MY TAKE ON THIS PRESIDENTIAL RACE. I WILL BE GIVING A INSIDE LOOK ON HOW THIS OUT OF THE BOX THINKER, THINKS ON THOSE WHO ARE RUNNING IN THIS RACE. FROM REPUBLICANS TO THE DEMOCRATS. WHAT IS THE THOUGHTS OF ONE LONE VOICE OUT RANTING AWAY. IT MAYBE ONE LONE VOICE OR IS IT. JOIN IN AND CHECK IT OUT.
Again,legendary scribe and sportscaster,Dr.M.Lee''Doc''Stanley Sr.,is once again on the air with his renowned iconic award winning radio show,'Sports In Depth'. And again coming to you live from Met-Life Stadium in East Rutherford,New Jersey at the New York Jets Vs.Miami Dolphins. A must win game that the Jets do so in a huge way,38-20.
As we salute the Jets for winning and inducting both SuperBowl champions,Emerson Boozer,#32-halfback-1966-1975 and fullback#41-1964-1972,we are stunned with the Giants 20-14 loss in our nations' capital.
Out from your Sunday School Comes the Guiders of the Nation
Childrens Sunday School from 12:00 pm until 1:00 pm est.
Adults 1-3pm est.
1. Who made you?
2. What is your Nationality?
3. What is your Birth Right?
4. Who are the Moors?
5. What is Moorish Science?
6. How did the prophet began to uplift the Moorish Americans?
7. Do You know that your child is entitled to a name and anationality at birth?
8. What is the declaration of Human Rights?
Come bring you and your family to Sunday School where these questions you can ask and get questions answered every Sunday from 12-3PM est. On Blog talk Radio 646-478-5157
Join Host Live Chats
- Straitway (22 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (18 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (16 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (10 chatters)
- Dino Dean (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- SpirituallyGuidedTruths (7 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (6 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (5 chatters)
- WIA Radio (5 chatters)
- Donny C (4 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Motherland Media Network (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Chakram Radio (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- HOUSTON KREYOL (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- Perfectly Unreasonable Podcast (1 chatters)
- TheGodSquad (1 chatters)
- BROTHER PTAH REVOLITIONARY (0 chatters)