SORT BY Relevancy
Today we are facing an epidemic among our children and adolecents. Obesity has more than quadrupled in the last 30 years and so have the related health conditions: juvenile diabetes, high cholestoral, joint problems, emotional trouble. Why did this happen...what are the contributing factors? How can we stop this or can we? These are some of the questions I will address on tonights show. I hope you can tune in tonight and help me discuss such an important issue facing not only our country but our society as we continue to grow more global
There is much discussion about the role that mental health issues have played in schools and communities that have been impacted by recent college campus shootings and other school shootings.
On this week's Know-It-All: The ABCs of Education, join us for an informative conversation with George Washington University Associate Professor of Counseling, Dr. Sam Steen. School counselors address mental health issues that arise and also support students' healthy social, emotional, and academic development.With his expertise and research on group counseling, Dr. Steen has identified key counseling strategies, particularly group counseling, that can produce positive outcomes for individuals inside schools and in communities as a whole. Dr. Steen will share with us his enlightening perspective on the benefits and necessity of having counselors and other mental health professionals in the school environment.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates education equity plans and promotes equity in education.
“When the universe sends you a miracle, and then asks you to surrender to the journey that is about to unfold, you have two choices. You can politely say thanks-but no-thanks, or you can commit your heart and soul to doing something entirely on faith... Breathing Fire, began as a book for others who, like author Chris Davis, had survived childhood abuse, but it quickly transformed into a modern-day fairy tale.
As women, we need to talk openly about topics that have been kept in locked boxes on the shelf. There is no need to feel shame for something that happened that we had no control over. I support courageous women like Chris who not only survive, but empower others to transform their lives to be happy.
In this show you’ll learn:
How creating a roadmap for your life will help you at those forks in the road.
How an imbalance in one area of your life can affect other areas.
How to incorporate simple yet delicious foods into your day to help during those crossroads.
Background and Guest Information:
Many—perhaps even most—people who have come to embrace a healthier lifestyle arrived at their “fork in the road” because of an event in their lives. For some individuals a serious condition such as a frightening diagnosis or morbid obesity thrusts them into an I’m-willing-to-try-anything place.
Join Dr. Ritamarie and Sheree Clark as they discuss the reasons that bring you to a place where you are looking at the direction you are going. A healthier lifestyle is about more than just what you put in your mouth.
You can sign up for Sheree’s monthly e-zine, “That’s Forkin’ Amazing,” at her website,“Fork in the Road”. You can also get her award-winning recipe for Chocolate Jalapeno Poppers, along with the recipe of the week.
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that food plays in your health, and strategies for planning your meals for you to live your life full of energy and vitality.
in Self Help
Our guest this week is Jenean Zunk, a Spiritual Living Coach for Intuitive Women. She helps people who feel self doubt, fear and shame reconnect with their Inner Divine Self. Jenean is the creator and host of the podcast series, Owning Your Awesome and the tele-summits series, Bashful to Badass.
You can find her at namaste living online and Facebook at jenean.zunk.
Pick up 100 Tools for Happiness ebook at Conversations That Heal. CTHRadio unites healing specialist with childhood trauma survivors. Your host, Susan Jacobi, a thriver after childhood abuse, knows the path to healing lies in replacing trauma mindset with healthy thoughts, feelings and actions. Her book, How to Love Yourself: The Hope after Child Abuse is available at ConversationsThatHeal.com and amazon.com.
Author of the book Divine Connection Stories and Tools for Synchronicities and Miracles. Authentic body, mind, spirit healer, Carolyn Puckett.
I was inspired to write the book ”Divine Connection Stories and Tools for Synchronicities and Miracles” as I was completing my transformation. I remember since childhood having the questions “Who am I?” and “What is my life purpose?” The energy blocks that existed in my mind, body and spirit kept me wandering through the desert for forty years. I did a lot of self-study and inner work to transform fear to love and negativity to positivity. I received Myofascial Release and found freedom in my body. I share this gift with others as a Myofascial Release and physical therapy practitioner. With Spiritual Response Therapy, I found karmic blocks and spiritual veils removed. I share this gift with others as a SRT practitioner. With Oneness Blessing Training, I received reconnection to higher energies. I share this gift with others as a Oneness Blessing giver. With John of God healing, my physical energetic healing was complete and I was downloaded with divine energies for a healing program working with the Ascended Masters and the Archangels. I share this special gift to those who are guided to receive it. These things I was guided to do brought me to the point of knowing who I am, and then I learned how to communicate with my higher guides to know more, much more than the intuition that I received. After multitudes of downloads of energy spanning a few years, I have elevated to the highest of dimensional energies possible in human form. That allows me to live in the state known as ”The Vortex”. Now I am experiencing miracles and manifesting my higher life purpose as it quickly downloads into my consciousness from my higher self.
Changing Lanes: From Hell to Heaven with Hailey Rose Barrett
Hailey recounts her abusive childhood that still haunts her today as an adult. Growing up in a large, dysfunctional family, Hailey lived in perpetual chaos with feelings of low self-worth. Her tumultuous childhood defined the only road she would ever know as a child. Changing Lanes: From Hell to Heaven is a real-life drama that takes you from her disturbing childhood to the divorced and dysfunctional adult she became. Find out how she unintentionally attracts needy, dishonest, gold-digging men, while trying to find balance and love in her life as a divorced single mother of two children. Things go very wrong in her dating life, and she finds herself caught up in an Internet dating love triangle that turns out to be deadly.
Hailey Rose Barrett is a 1985 college graduate. She has been in the field of Health Care for twenty-nine years and is currently a Clinical Nurse Educator as well as a Certified Diabetes Educator in the Southeastern United States.
Click here to purchase Hailey Rose Barrett's book from Amazon.com
For more information visit: http://www.haileyrosebarrett.com/
in Self Help
As a 20 yr. radio veteran & humanitarian, Janet Franco introduces her new mission after seven years of development, GTN (Global Transformation Network.) A collaboration sparked from experience, trials turned triumph surrounding her four sons health, with a deep childhood vision to become a humanitarian and help the world. She feels its time to spread her wings and launch her new company. GTN was launched to become a nexus of information, awareness, bringing the truth to the American people, as well with proven and state of the art healing modalities. The goal is to set the stage for health REFORM here in America.
She lead a fairly normal life after losing her father to a car accident when she was 18 months old, for seven years she and her mother were inseparable, until her mother decided to marry a man with a secret, unknown to everyone. Unfortunately, Beth was on the receiving end of that secret. Beginning on a journey that no child should face, broken trust and betrayal is the plot of this true story told from Beth's own words, it's like reading her journal. Journey with her through the tragedy of the abuse and the bad decisions she made, but also to her recovery, the light at the end of the tunnel. It will both sadden you, and encourage you at the same time.
A mamma-to-be may use a sperm bank for many reasons:
-She's a single lady
-Her partner has azoospermia (near to no detectable sperm)
-Her partner has compromised semen quality
-Her partner is unable to donate sperm due to a history of physical injury or cancer treatment
If you are considering using a sperm donor, you need to understand it from all angles.
Using a credible sperm bank has many legal and medical advantages. It can also really increase your odds of pregnancy success and having a healthy baby.
Using a sperm bank probably was never in your childhood vision of how you'd make a family, but learning more about it may allay many fears and misconceptions.
Tune in as I interview Eric Kendall of the Seattle based European Sperm Bank.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (152 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (142 chatters)
- John Baptist (111 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (30 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (25 chatters)
- AlimBey (21 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (15 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (15 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (15 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Your Psychic Connection (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (6 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (6 chatters)
- DDP Radio (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Littany (5 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (5 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (5 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (5 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (5 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (4 chatters)
- patriots united (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- E3 Radio (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Live with Scott and Katie (3 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- illblogradio (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- SR Forker (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Ascended Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Interface (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Dave in the City (1 chatters)
- DLFootball (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Sister2Sistah Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (1 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (1 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (0 chatters)