SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
If you are interested in hearing about women in leadership roles in sports join us Tuesday, at 11:30 am est and hear from the only sitting Division I non-HBCU African-American female Athletic Director, Carla Wilson of University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC). Wilson’s leadership in the department has touched many facets – budget, human resources, facilities, sport administration and student-athlete welfare and development.Wilson became the only female athletics director in the Western Athletic Conference, and the first ever female leader of intercollegiate athletics at UMKC. She is one of a few minority women serving as an athletics director at the NCAA’s 351 Division I institutions. At the time of her hire, less than 9 percent of Division I athletics directors were women; less than 4 percent were minority women. She was also the only African-American woman athletics director in Division I not at a historically black college or university.
Stephen Scanniello joins us to chat about his role as Curarator of the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden at the New York Botanical Garden and also efforts to preserve heritage rose varieites through is role as President of the Heritage Rose Foundation. Best known as a hands-on gardener who transformed the Cranford Rose Garden of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Stephen has authored and co-authored several rose books - Roses of America (1990, Holt) and Climbing Roses (1994, Prentice Hall/Horticulture, now Macmillan). Rose Companions (2005, Cool Springs Press) The American Horticultural Society selected a third book, A Year of Roses (1997, Holt) as one of the Ten Best Books in Horticulture for 1997. An updated edition of this award-winning classic was released in May 2006 (Cool Springs Press). His latest book, co-authored with Douglas Brenner, A Rose By Any Name, will tell stories related to rose names. This book, published by Algonquin Books, was released in February 2009.
New York Botanical Garden - Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden
Heritage Rose Foundation
Stephen Scanniello is NYBG’s Curator of the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden. The author of six books on roses, his latest is A Rose By Any Name. Stephen is the recipient of the Jane Righter Rose Medal from the Garden Club of America. He gardens in Barnegat, NJ.
Mr. Scanniello is best known as a hands-on gardener who transformed the Cranford Rose Garden of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden into one of the world’s most acclaimed rose gardens.
Stephen has co-authored two rose books - Roses of America (1990, Holt) and Climbing Roses (1994, Prentice Hall/Horticulture, now Macmillan). Rose Companions (2005, Cool Springs Press) is about selecting the perfect companion plants for your roses. The American Horticultural Society selected his third book, A Year of Roses (1997, Holt) as one of the Ten Best Books in Horticulture for 1997. An updated edition of this award-winning classic was released in May 2006 (Cool Springs Press). His next book, co-authored with Douglas Brenner, A Rose By Any Name, will tell stories related to rose names. This book, published by Algonquin Books, was released in February 2009.
Stephen, is a recipient of the GROW (Great Rosarian of the World) Award and currently serves as president of the Heritage Rose Foundation. He is a member of the American Rose Society, Manhattan Rose Society, Dallas Area Historic Rose Society, Heritage Roses Northwest, and Central Florida Heritage Rose Society.
in Self Help
He is president of Partners in Learning, a global sales training company, which teaches sales professionals how to make sales with less effort. Che Brown shares winning sales strategies on how to close deals and put cash in your pocket by mastering the basics of selling, using sales scripts, and advanced sales techniques to increase sales and long-term profitability.
This week we talk about how to Finance your Farmers Market, Agri-Economy Biz, your project whether it is small or larger. Where is the Money! Lets explore where Money or Grant money can come from. Your Business or Non-profit Organization can benefit finding new sources of FUNDS to start growing your own Food. It is there.
These Financing organizations can help with Hydroponics, Aquaponics, with Community Garden sites, they can FUND small acre Farms, new Food products and production, and, more. Create new jobs, new sources of income for you and your Family or Group, find new ways to build up your town with new sources of FUNDS. Lets talk about Money.
Viva Farms. Learn how they are helping Farm Workers be Financed and start Farms themselves. They also have a Farmers Market Stand and other options. See how they can successfully help new Farmers start their Business to help keep the Farming Industry going. Viva Farms. From the State of Washington.
Have a Great Community Garden Day!
Mary K. Hukill, Author and Radio Show Host
"Community Garden Revolution Notes!" is now an AudioBook at Audible, iTunes, and Amazon.
Find the Book format at AMAZON.com
"Community Garden Revolution" can be purchased at AMAZON.com or order at your favorite local bookstore today!
Being mostly free from the rat kike system is not as hard as you might think. Finding a piece of land, being self-sufficient, and avoiding the leaching kikes is necessary to our cause. Planting fruits and vegetables, rice, beans, corn, and potatoes provide healthy food sources and the food can be sold to cover property taxes.
in Self Help
The EX…Can your EX sometimes HINDER your NEXT? Does an EX sometimes cause CONFLICT with your CURRENT? Are you and the EX holding on to keep the OPTIONS open? Are you and the EX just better FRIENDS than LOVERS? Join the conversation Thursday night to share your VIEW ON AN EX!
#WeAllHaveAnEx #CreateTheRightBoundary #AnExAndTheAx #TheRealRoz
Call in number is 1.347.989.8385, PRESS 1 with a comment or question.
We are an interactive show so call in to 1-347-989-8385 and press 1 to share with us.
in Self Help
Join Dr. Maiysha and Coach Elliott this Friday as they talk with special guest Dr. Larry Lytle, author of “Healing Light – Energy Medicine of the Future!” Our show will take you on a journey into the incredible sub-atomic world of photomedicine where visible and invisible waves of light are being used to stop pain, heal deadly disease and halt the aging process. You know you’re going learn a lot .. so we’ll see you Friday morning at 9a (ET)!
About our guest: At 78 years young, perhaps no one knows more about the theory and practice of applying energetic light frequencies to halt pain and heal diseases than Dr. Larry Lytle, one of America’s pioneers in the research and development of cold laser light technology for medical applications. A lifelong student of the healing sciences, Dr. Lytle received his first doctorate in 1964 in the field of dentistry, and his second in the field of nutrition in 1979. A former president of the International Academy of Nutrition and Preventive Medicine, Dr. Lytle turned his focus to the study of low level laser technology in 1994, and his passion for the subject soon earned him recognition as a foremost expert in the field of cold laser therapy. His design advancements in hand-held low level laser devices resulted in the first ever FDA clearance for the use of light in the treatment of arthritis. Trained as an educator, Dr. Lytle is considered by all who know him as a “teacher among teachers and a student among students.”
We journey to the island of St. Vincent to explore ancient places and the history of a proud people few know anything about. Our first stop is to the Botanical Gardens of St. Vincent, the oldest such garden of its type in the Western Hemisphere, and we are joined by historian Dr. Edgar Adams for a look into some of the events and experiences that have defined his life and the history of St. Vincent.
Then we travel to Fort Charlotte where we meet Augustine Sutherland, a decendant of one of St. Vincent's indigeneous ethnic groups, the Garafuna. Fort Charlotte was built by the British (1793-1806), not to defend against a naval attack but as an inland defense against attacks from the Garafuna, Kalinago and the French. This in evidenced by the fact that the cannons of Fort Charlotte face inland. Augustine shares some of the tragic history his ancestors faced here and some of the challenges he faced growing up as a Garafuna on St. Vincent.
Genesis 2:7-14 DAY SIX MAN FORMED AND CREATED.
vs. 7. And the LORD God formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathjed in his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
DAY SIX- MAN'S FIRST HOME.
vs. 8. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put man whom he had formed.
vs. 9 And out of the ground made the LORD to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
vs. 10. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
vs. 11. The name of the first is Pison: that is it which campasses the whole land of havilah, where there is gold.
vs. 12. And the gold of that land is good. there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (200 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (129 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (62 chatters)
- Straitway (55 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (32 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (26 chatters)
- reactionariez (25 chatters)
- p0rnopuppy (23 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (20 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (18 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (18 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (16 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (13 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (12 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (9 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (9 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (8 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (8 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (5 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (3 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Papa Lou (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)
- DHead Radio (1 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- 63023 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- LJT Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Kickin* it with Krystal (0 chatters)