SORT BY Relevancy
in Pop Culture
Join me, Etsaban Miguel Ronquillo, Tony Strauss, and Nate Bradford as we discuss the SURREALISTIC FILMS we love and adore. From Bunel,Jodoworsky to Renfen. Lets get WEEIRDDDDDD!!!!
"Best Director Award"(2012 LA Film, TV and Webisode Festival) winner, Alex Bram is on a mission to bring suspense, surrealism and quality back to horror.
Gaining support as a new voice, his various projects have been able to attract legendary figures of the genre rallying behind him. For his werewolf epic, “NEW BREED,” Special Creature Make-Up Effects legend Steve Johnson (“American Werewolf in London,” “Species”) has joined to deliver on the concept of applying the latest technology available, in the most tasteful yet terrifying way, to bring to life beasts like we’ve never seen before.
Eduardo Sanchez (Blair Witch Project Director) will bring Bram’s “CLOUDLAND” to life. That project is being spearheaded by Jeffrey Reddick, the creator of “Final Destination.” Reddick is both co-screenwriter with Bram and Executive Producer.
Alex Bram’s award-winning psychological thriller "Body of Work" honors the tradition of Alfred Hitchcock, while at the same time, using modern technology to bring about a new wave of suspenseful filmmaking. That film brought two "Best Cinematography" awards and one Canadian "People's Choice".
For three years, Bram founded and ran the "Carnival of Darkness Film Festival," which showcased the very best short horror films from around the world. This yearly event was held at Los Angeles Film School and was put on like a twisted carnival experience.
THE SHRINE OFTHE SACRED KOK - serving under benign occupation from the last free country in the World - The Conch Republic - Live Fridays at 9 PM EST exclusively on KEYWESTGRIND.COM a workingman's Network focused on your amusement. [Currently being hosted at KEYWESTSPORTSNET.COM]
THE SHRINE OF THE SACRED KOK a weekly wormhole into unknown dimensions as a TOOL to make you look more sophisticated, yeah, even smarter in time for the weekend. Let the KOK run free! Also the best music in the known universe.
THE SHRINE OF THE SACRED KOK - Making YOU look better since 2011
With Guest Host: Lisa Michot. This show will cover a short history of surrealism and the influencers from 1890’s forward. Surrealism has had a far-reaching influence on all areas of popular culture and has become part of the fabric of our everyday vocabulary. Dreams, the unconscious and how we talk about our inner lives has been changed by the visions of Max Ernst, Joan Miró, Picasso, Salvador Dali, Henry Moore, René Magritte, Paul Delvaux, Pierre Roy, Leonora Carrington, Remedios Varo, Kay Sage, Leonor Fini, Meret Oppenhiem, Hans Bellmar
and Dorothea Tanning. Please call and join in the discussion of what has changed and what has remained the same. Promote your art when you introduce yourself live on the show. Artists pre-interviewed: Claudia Roulier, firstname.lastname@example.org, croulrer.typepad.com, http://8888artlook.com/general-membership-information/, Alexandra Louie (Sasha), sashasgallery.com, artsalondenver.com, Annette Coleman, annettecolemanartist.com, 8888ArtLook.com, Jim Caldwell, ArtworkNetwork.com, Lisa Michot, lisamichotart.com, Christine Marie Davis, tactileart.com, Gary Parkins, perfectionstroke.com, Margaret Pettee Olsen, www.petteeolsen.com, Robin Whatley, RobinWhatley.com
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith, publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays entertainment and variety show, airing live from the Louisiana Political Museum in Winnfield, Loisiana!
- Award-winning author Andrew Mozina will discuss his new book ‘Quality Snacks’
- Lance Laber – Executive Director of DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, in Tucson, AZ
- Artist Victoria Chick will discuss Surrealism.
- Herbalist and owner of MoonMaid Botanicals, Cynthia Johnston will talk about the health benefits of Nettles.
- S. Ward Heinrichs, Esq. – Partner at Backstrom & Heinrichs Attorneys at Law in San Diego, will discuss Discrimination Law.
- Author Chris Cipollini will discuss his new book ‘Lucky Luciano: Mysterious Tales of a Gangland Legend’
Mary E. LaLuna and Susan Block explore the genius of artist Garsot. Together Susan and Mary E., discuss the master surrealist as featured by Christopher Primbas Gallery owner and curator of Garsot Gallery Chicago. (Listen to Christopher Primbas from an earlier interview)
Born in ancient Valta Greece, Sotirios Gardiakos,known as Garsot inspired to draw from the age of 3 and is still creating powerful, original works today. Garsot (pronounced Ghar-So) remains the quintessential ‘inspirational optimist’ for a more Human Earth. Spanning over half a Century, his paintings, sculptures and mixed media art evoke positive feelings, express masterful technique and showcase unlimited styles. The result is exceptional, technically explosive artwork that is as fresh and unique as today’s ultra-competitive Art Scene. In 2014, he continues work creating at his West Loop Chicago Gallery and Ft. Lauderdale studio. A new series of organic abstracts, prismatic shapes and empowering thoughts on canvas was unveiled at Art Expo New York April 4-6 at Pier 94.
Musical entertainment is compliments of Keenan Baxter, local music composer/producer.
Susan Block of LaPorte County Indiana, is a well known contributor to the arts, a member of Southern Shore Art Association and was named Poet Laureate of LaPorte County.
Mary E., is creator, producer of ArtSees Diner Radio and ArtSeesDiner.com. and ArtSees Production.
A live broadcast on BlogTalkRadio, the sidshow continues. New sequences involve listener participation, and a feature on the Unabomber during our 'Controversy On The Carousel' segment.
The Graveyard Cowboy and Clint host an ongoing podcast in the spirit of surrealism. It is a sort-of radio theater, like a theatrical stage show one might find at an avant-garde carnival. Poetry, stories, and news from the astral plane.
A Yeats poem finishes things off tonight.
This week Hank and Nash discuss the delightful Swiss Surrealist, Hans Rudolf "H.R" Giger. The dearly departed leaves behind a magnificient legacy, specializing in morbid fantasy, biomechanical bizzarities and a rather macarbe look at the bleak industrialized future, H.R Giger shall stand permanently as an icon of the strange.
In celebration of the birthday of the father of Surrealism, Comte de Lautréamont, (real name, Isidore Lucien Ducasse).
Isidore-Lucien Ducasse, a French poet, born in Uruguay. His only works, Les Chants de Maldoror and Poésies, had a major influence on modern literature, particularly on the Surrealists and the Situationists.
Voxx Voltair, a published poet, will be reading selections from "Maldoror", and exploring the poet's Astrological and Numerological Charts.
Dan Godston, President and founder of Borderbend Arts Collective which mission is to promote the arts by giving artists opportunities to collaborate and show their work to a variety of audiences. Eighth Annual Chicago Calling Arts Festival - September 23 - October 12, involves artists, organizations, and communities from across the United States, and aboard. These collaborations include a range of art forms, collaborative projects, prepared or improvised, between Chicago and other locations.
Featured program "Ars in Natura, Urbs in Horto", Samuel A. Love, curator of artists, environmentalists, urban gardeners, activists and others involved with Grant Theater Project, in Gary Indiana, to celebrate and explore connections between nature, the arts, and urbanism. Here is an audio from the community discussion we did in Gary as part of Chicago Artists Month. http://www.borderbend.org/1/post/2013/10/ars-in-natura.html.
"Call it urban landscape candid portraiture from Street Level elevation, with a healthy dose of surrealism, I'm interested in illustrating the ways that narratives shape people's perception of a place."
Sam's current project is a survey of Gary, Indiana can be found on flicker.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (480 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (39 chatters)
- BeverlyD (30 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (15 chatters)
- Odwirafo (14 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (8 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (8 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (7 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Curious Times (6 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (5 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- Soul Talk Radio Network (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Im Just Sayn (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- MJ Hannigan (2 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (2 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Reach Out America (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Elder Coylette (2 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (2 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (2 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)