SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode we will be going through all the different options availble for federal student loans. Also we will be discussing how student loans today are hindering consumers buying power.
The decision to file bankruptcy can be a difficult and emotional experience for any person. With that decision comes a flood of unanswered questions and doubts when it comes to assessing debts and liabilities to be covered by the bankruptcy. One of the most commonly asked questions is whether or not student loans can be discharged in a bankruptcy. To learn more, listen to this podcast with Timothy Hughes of Lavelle Law.
TONIGHT 9P- Student loans are one of the more confusing areas of a financial aid award letter. Student loans come in two important types that are critical for you to understand. The first is a need-based loan, which is awarded based on your financial need. The second type of student loan is the non-need based loan, which is not based on any particular financial need. Do you have students loan? Was your educational experience worth it? We want to hear from you. Dial 917-889-3926 to comment LIVE. Toya will also bring us FINANCE TIPS up the coast from Delaware. REAL TALK. REAL PEOPLE. REAL TIMES. We are #TheSocialLab #TMHymanRadio Network.
Follow us on Twitter: @TMHymanRadio @MrTMHyman @MadameBoston @VeryHotChoc @SabeJames
In this episode of CreditHavins I will be discussing federal student loans and your options as a consumer surrounding the federal programs for debt forgiveness eligibility. How do these programs work, what are the qualifications, and the best of way of enrolling into these programs. We will be discussing Pay As You Earn, Income Based Repayment, and Income Contingent Repayment with debt forgiveness eligibility. We will also discuss public service debt forgiveness as well as teacher loan forgiveness!
The average college student graduates with over $33,000 in student loan debt. Many Americans accept this as being inevitable if they want a college degree. In today's episode, we'll discuss ways to get an education with as little debt as possible! Email questions about student loans before the show to Christine@ChristineLuken.com and we'll answer them on the air.
Sarae is joined by Carlos Colón, Bilingual Personal Finance Coach at mpowered, to discuss what to do if you have defaulted on your federal student loans and what options are available to you to get out of default. We also cover:
The difference between being delinquent and defaulting on your student loans.
The effect on your credit of defaulting on your student loans.
You can find more information about federal student loan default on studentaid.ed.gov.
If you are not yet in default on your student loans, listen to our podcasts about income-based student loan repayment plan options and student loan repayment plan options not based on income. More information about federal student loan repayment options can also be found at studentaid.ed.gov.
Student loans are a catch-22 for our youth. If the government forgives student loans, who's going to pay for it? The taxpayers... who are also the students. They're going to pay one way or the other. Charlie Kirk, Founder of Turning Point USA says we need to get government out of the student loan business.
Have you had your healthy dose of reality lately?
There are always at least two sides to every story. Have you ever wondered how someone, who saw the same thing you did, walked away telling a vastly different story? Which version was correct? Which one was the REAL story? Actually, both are! It’s just a matter of perspective.
Joe takes the issues… especially the controversial issues (politics, prejudice, religion, illegal immigration)… and brings in people from different sides to share their viewpoint. This is definitely not a fluff piece. And while no one is attacked, the questions are hard-hitting.
But the conversation is always respectful and you’re sure to learn something new, even if you don’t agree!
If you’ve always wondered how the “other side” thinks and how they’ve arrived at their “stand”, then this is the show for you!
It’s not the right side, it’s not the wrong side, but the REAL side of the issues!
Sarae is joined by Carlos Colón, Bilingual Personal Finance Coach at mpowered, to talk about what student loan consolidation options are available and what you need to consider before deciding whether consolidating student loan debt is a good fit for you.
Click here for more information about federal student loan consolidation.
With more than $1 trillion in student loans outstanding in this country, crippling debt is no longer confined to dropouts from for-profit colleges or graduate students who owe on many years of education, some of the overextended debtors in years past. As prices soar, a college degree statistically remains a good lifetime investment, but it often comes with an unprecedented financial burden.
Caitlin Kovalkoski, Director of Bank Community Engagement will be our guest tonight to discuss options for students and parents as they manage their Me, Inc. Enterprises effectively.
From uniforms to lunch plans, spirit wear to tuition & books, and everything in between, schools are rapidly becoming one of the most profitable money machines in the country.
Student Loans are growing out of control. The simple equations seems to be:
Higher debt = higher degrees = less paying job
Let's talk about it! Learn the secret form to get your student loan payment to $0! Or even getting the government to pay for all your student loans.
Email questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENT LOANS - A College Degree is No Guarantee
1. Unemployment of Black College Students - In 2013, 12.4 percent of black college graduates
between the ages of 22 and 27 were unemployed. For all college graduates in the same age
range, the unemployment rate was 5.6 percent.
2. Underemployed Black College Students - In 2013, more than half (55.9 percent) of employed black recent college graduates were “underemployed” –defined as working in an occupation that typically does not require a four-year college degree. Even before the Great Recession, almost half of black recent graduates were underemployed (45.0 percent in 2007).
3. A Solution to the problem
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (62 chatters)
- The Portal (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Revised Reality Radio (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- SHRAonair (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (4 chatters)
- 63289 (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Awakened BEloved Community (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- PRN Positive Radio Network (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (2 chatters)
- AlimBey (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)