SORT BY Relevancy
Caregiving stress is a major issue for small business owners...especially solopreneurs. But if you're fighting the stresses of caregiving, be comforted...you're not alone.
Listen as author and psychotherapist Christine Valentin, a social worker who specializes in geriatric care in New York and New Jersey, who's provided expertise to small business owners in those areas, but her words on caregiving stresses for small business apply nationwide.--Wendy Meyeroff
Holly, who cared for her husband, Dave, talks about dating after her husband's death.
Meet Becky Feola author of Eldercare: Your Guide to Making the Best Choices Possible.
Becky will share the story of her late husband who had Huntington’s Disease (a degenerative brain disease) and how she cared for him for 11 years until his death at the young age of 49.
This journey as a caregiver led her to start 2 eldercare businesses (one a non-profit and the other for profit) along with writing The Eldercare Consultant.
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Carol Trasatto. Carol Trasatto is an herbalist who lives at the southern reach of the Salish Sea in Olympia, Washington. She’s been walking the green path for 35 years and is particularly in love with the weedy plants. Carol maintained a private herbal consultation practice for two decades. She teaches in the community, has worked as herb buyer and educator at Radiance Herbs & Massage for 23 years. She has been co-creating Plants & Planets with astrologer Rosie Finn since 1998, which is both a monthly gathering and newsletter available by subscription. Most recently, Carol has published Conscious Caregiving: Plant Medicine, Nutrition, Mindful Practices to Give Ease, a book detailing extensive support for anyone going through intense illness, invasive medical treatments, or dying— both those experiencing the disharmony and those offering care. Website: www.caroltrasatto.com
this episode Q&A includes:
• low cortisol? drink nourishing herbal infusions to bring all the nutrients your body needs into play...
• almagan filling vs composite fillings...
• extreme acne- herbal antibiotics and going deeper into immune system...
• instead of antibiotics- echinacea...
• hashimoto's disease- serenity medicine, fucus, immune supporting herbs...
• muscle ache and body pain caused by flu- boneset, elderberry, saurekraut, hypericum...
• the stronger the immune system- the stronger the response from the flu...
• alopecia areata- nettle, animal fat at every meal, rosemary...
• shingles- hypericum perforatum...
Today @ 1 pm Why Fathers Matter will be having it's NOON DAY radio show @ www.blogtalkradio.com/whyfathersmatter or call in @ 657 383 0787. Come kicking with me and my co-hosts and join the hot topics share your experiences and opinions. Let's come together and create positive changes for the future.
in Self Help
When we're kids, the holidays usually represent joy and wonder, excitement and extra activity. Not for all, but for many of us. For other less fortunate kids, the desire for those emotions is there.
As an adult survivor of brain injury and the caregivers, while the wish we could still feel that way, the truth is, the tightrope can be very thin. Sometimes as hard we try, the positive emotions can give way to overwhelming, stressful, and depressive feelings. How can we achieve a balance, or can we? How do we makea tricky situation more tolerable and happy for everyone?
Special guests with a special request will be stopping by. Wendy "Yaya", her daughter Melissa and her two sons Dillon (12) and Tyler (10). They both have a terminal illness. With surgeries and proper medical care they can be expected to live into their 20s. After they were diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and are the 2015 NE MDA Ambassadors. Their house burned down in CO. They returned to Omaha and are now both confined to wheelchairs. In the brutal climate of the midwest, a critical need has come up and we hope you can help. See www.gofundme.com/whafuw48 Or if you prefer Wells Fargo Omaha has an account set up called DillonTylerVan, which you can send a donation to. Check with your own Wells Fargo about getting the deposit made to Account number 5089869753.
After hearing my guests, I think you'll find Thanks and Giving easier to achieve, and hopefully help in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
eCareDiary's caregiving expert, Margery Pabst will speak to Heather Von St. James, a seven year Mesothelioma cancer survivor and Cameron Von St. James, advocate for the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance about handling emotional and physical pressures while caring for your partner.
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (36 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (16 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (10 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (9 chatters)
- Dino Dean (7 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (7 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- WIA Radio (5 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (4 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (4 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- SpirituallyGuidedTruths (3 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (3 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (2 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- HOUSTON KREYOL (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Donny C (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- Refreshing Waters Ministries (1 chatters)
- TheGodSquad (1 chatters)
- Chakram Radio (0 chatters)