SORT BY Relevancy
eFitFamily with Angela Firkins-Lee welcomes Pete Koch, a Health, Strength & Conditioning Coach, Hollywood actor and former NFL player, to talk about why Strength Training is important and should be the central feature of a comprehensive “general health and fitness” program.
Some know Pete Koch as a NFL defensive End and others as a Hollywood actor – well he has many more interests and he is just getting started! He has founded and grown two successful start-up businesses. He has led major national brands to new levels of success; built a successful acting and broadcasting career encompassing more than 100 movies, television roles, television hosting and radio broadcasting; numerous motivational speaking engagements and keynote addresses; and a successful professional football career as a first round draft pick and defensive end for 3 different NFL teams. He has a passion for bringing his successful experiences in several complex and diverse industries to an organization needing a leader who knows how to effectively compete and inspire others on the team to deliver consistent results.
Visit his blog.
Like, follow and visit our page!
This week Stephen will be dicussing the value of a specialized strength program and is there such a thing as sport specific strength training.
On todays show, Kurt Hester of thedominant1, Jill Magee of Rock Tape and ETS Gym, Cal Dietz of Xlathlete, and Mike Rhoades of Murray State.
This interview with Dennis Hallman will be rescheduled; I apologize to those who tuned in. We will get Dennis on the next show...instead, on today's show we talk about strength training & nutrition for achieving that ultimate physique! 5-Round Fury™ is a proud sponsor of UFC® fighter Dennis 'Superman' Hallman. Today we will talk with Dennis about his upcoming fight at UFC® 151!
This show will explore the combination of eating healthy, exercising and strength training. To reach your goal of losing weight and staying healthy the combination of eating healthy exercising and strength training is imperative. If you incorporate this 3 point system into your daily routine you are sure to transform your body into the picturesque sculpture you want it to be. Don’t miss this exciting and informative show.
Your weekly source for fitness and nutrition information. Tips for helping you live and healthy and happy life.
This week our guest is personal trainer and owner of Main Line Health & Fitness, Elanna Schwab. Elanna and her husband Roger have been helping their community reach their health & fitness goals for close to 30 years now and are continually being innovators in the field. They are truly experts in the field and have been recognized throughout the years as the Best in the area. Elanna will be talking about the importance of strength training for women and will be dispelling some common myths.
You know exercise is good for you. Ideally, you're looking for ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. If your aerobic workouts aren't balanced by a proper dose of strength training, though, you're missing out on a key component of overall health and fitness. Despite its reputation as a "guy" or "jock" thing, strength training is important for everyone. With a regular strength training program, you can reduce your body fat, increase your l
Cardio...Strength Training. Most people assume they're separate, inherently different. The strength people (usually guys) hate cardio and the cardio queens (usually women) hate lifting. Robert dos Remedios has the answer in this integrated program called Cardio Strength Training. No matter your training background, you'll embrace this effective program that produces greater results in less time.
Most people suppose that fitness requires long "cardio" sessions of running, biking, stair-climbing, or the like. In contrast, Dr. Doug McGuff advocates brief, infrequent, and high-intensity weight training using slow movements. Does this approach work? What are its benefits and costs compared to other fitness regimens? In this episode, philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh interviewed Dr. Doug McGuff about "Strength Training Using Body by Science." For a higher quality version, down
Health Chat with host Kathleen Curry
My name is Ryan Krane, and if you're searching for a certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), you've come to the right place. My passion in life is to help chronic pain sufferers address and eliminate recurring body aches through expert-designed flexibility, posture, and strength training. The Krane Training Method ™, designed after years of working with clients tormented by various pains, encompasses the necessary training methods needed to successfully move better, feel better, and live better. I have my Master's Degree in Exercise Science with a concentration in Rehabilitation Sciences. This program focused on research and current issues in musculoskeletal rehabilitation and biomechanical assessment. This Master's program addressed evidence based science with courses in corrective exercise, exercise physiology, human movement and much more! The Krane Training Method ™ is custom tailored to fit clients' needs and lifestyles, making it one of the most accommodating corrective exercise programs available to relieve pain and improve quality of life! Learn more about this program by contacting me today. With many years of experience in fitness and health, I possess extensive knowledge and comprehension on techniques and exercises necessary to guide my clients on their path to achieve ultimate health. I started off as a certified tennis coach, strength & conditioning coach, sports nutritionist, and personal trainer. I've progressed to focus on corrective exercise in order to remedy chronic ailments such as back pain, shoulder pain, and other common body aches, which are so common today.
Triathlon Legend and Hall of Famer Dave Scott on Developing Young Talent within Endurance Sports 6-Time Triathlon World Champion Dave Scott joined Stephen McCarthy of The McCarthy Project to discuss current trends in the world of triathlon and the development of young athletes.
We covered the following areas specific to endurance athletes.
1. Strength and Conditioning needs to remain or become a vital part of a triathlete's overall program.
2. Balance within each athlete's training program is a key to success, not survival of the fittest training or who works the hardest as method of choice to develop your talent as an endurance athlete.
3. Art and Science are feathered together to find the best program based on the individual athlete, not "mythical, old-wives tales or "science says do this" training programs.
4. Recovery must be promoted as one of the pillars to success in triathlon.
Yvette Allen-Tatum is an Author, Teacher, Conference Host, Public Speaker, Encourager, Motivator, Ordained Minister of The Gospel, Radical for Christ, the list goes on... She is the founder of Surrounded By Faith Ministries, Inc. a women's ministry ordained by God to transform the lives of women with the Word of God. You can find out more about Surrounded By Faith Ministries by visiting: http://wwww.surroundedbyfaith.org.
Yvette has authored two books Welcome to my Morning Glory and I Didn't Know, has been a featured speaker at several conferences and hosted numerous ministry events; most notably The Throw Yo' Hands Up Conferences sponsored by Surrounded By Faith Ministries.
What began as a mandate from God to train and equip women in the ways of the Lord to become like the Proverbs 31 woman in the Bible, has expanded to a platform for child advocacy.
Use these links to contact Yvette:
Web site: www.yvetteallentatum.com
Blog: loosed03.wordpress.com and/or loosed03.blogspot.com
FB Page: facebook.com/yvette.tatum
Book: I Didn’t Know: Identifying, Confronting, and Overcoming Child Sexual Abuse
In this episode William talks about the importance of maintaining consistancy in dog training and the benifits in doing so.
Check out Petflow.com/my4paws for all your pet toys, treats, and supply needs. Go to www.petflow.com/my4paws Learn more about 4 Paws Dog Training on out website: www.my4pawstraining.com
And follow us on Facebook:
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (466 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (63 chatters)
- Stripped Real Raw Radio (30 chatters)
- Ms Blue (29 chatters)
- Curious Times (29 chatters)
- 62196 (27 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (25 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (22 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (22 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (21 chatters)
- STORMS A COMIN (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (13 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (13 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (11 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (11 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (10 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (7 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (7 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (7 chatters)
- FridayNightcap wXEmiaj and Taylor (7 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (7 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Donna L Sam (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- Sounding Off with Tank and Tony (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Business 411 (3 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (3 chatters)
- 63504 (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (3 chatters)
- Reader Tash (3 chatters)
- The Merlot Show (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Unseen World (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (2 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (2 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (2 chatters)
- MHH NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (2 chatters)
- DanielVena (2 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- bapnation (1 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Diva Spot Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Rage Radio Inc (1 chatters)
- psjlife Lets Talk Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Talk Love and Sex with Shey (1 chatters)
- THE BRYANT ORR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (1 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (1 chatters)
- righteoushustle (1 chatters)
- Rod Stevie Show (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- Soul Interaction Radio (1 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Weekend Block (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (0 chatters)