SORT BY Relevancy
Today we are delighted to welcome well-known and respected autism expert, Dr. Stephen Shore to Autism Empowerment Radio.
We will be talking about his personal journey with autism and will also be discussing autism advocacy for youth and adults, disclosure, education and employment.
Diagnosed with "Atypical Development and strong autistic tendencies" and "too sick" for outpatient treatment Dr. Stephen Shore was recommended for institutionalization back in the 1960s. Nonverbal until four, and with much support from his parents, teachers, wife, and others, Stephen is now a professor at Adelphi University where his research focuses on matching best practice to the needs of people with autism.
In addition to working with children and talking about life on the autism spectrum, Stephen presents and consults internationally on adult issues pertinent to education, relationships, employment, advocacy, and disclosure as discussed in his books Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome, Ask and Tell: Self-advocacy and Disclosure for People on the Autism Spectrum, the critically acclaimed Understanding Autism for Dummies., and the newly released DVD Living along the Autism Spectrum: What it means to have Autism or Asperger Syndrome.
President emeritus of the Asperger’s Association of New England and former board member of the Autism Society, Dr. Shore serves in the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Association, United States Autism and Asperger Association, and other autism related organizations.
Jeff Shore is a highly sought-after sales expert, author, speaker and consultant. For more than three decades, Jeff has guided executives and sales teams in large and small companies across the globe to embrace their discomforts and deliver BOLD sales results. Jeff stands out in a crowded field of sales experts and training programs with his research-based BE BOLD methodology. Combining his extensive front-line sales experience with the latest Cognitive Behavioral Therapy research, Jeff has created a highly effective, personalized way to reset sales paradigms and deliver industry-leading results. He demonstrates the power of BOLDNESS and connects with audiences using personal stories, real-world sales examples and his trademark humor. Mr. Shore is the author of five books, including Deal With It!: Mastering 21 Tough Sales Challenges. His most recent book, Be Bold and Win the Sale: Get Out of Your Comfort Zone and Boost Your Performance, is available now. You can learn more about Jeff HERE and follow him on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
New Jersey Shore News
SWFL Shore Enrichment Academy directors/founders Hilary & Ryan Shore
They have begun a 30-day campaign (August 12-September 12) to raise $32,000 to get the Shore Enrichment Academy up and running. The money will go toward rent, construction, supplies, and scholarships. Please visit the Shore Enrichment Academy Indiegogo Campaign and consider contributing. Thank you!!!!
New Jersey Shore News
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (23 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (9 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (7 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (7 chatters)
- WinningSolutionsforIndigos (6 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (3 chatters)
- Sharry Edwards (3 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (3 chatters)
- Transition Radio (3 chatters)
- Christian Devotions Speak UP (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (2 chatters)
- dijones247 (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (2 chatters)
- Red River Radio (2 chatters)
- Ladies of Light Radio (2 chatters)
- Mathis Media Hub Radio (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- N Plain English (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)