SORT BY Relevancy
Sport related injuries are common with pro-athletes and even college and high school athletes. Although some injuries can be abrupt, many injuries develop over an extended period of time when an athlete is constantly exerting stress on their muscles. To combat these long term injuries, researchers have suggested the use of Stem Cell Treatment to cure these common injuries. Although the use of Stem Cell Treatment has been controversial and many doctors debate its effectiveness, studies reveal that that there is potential to repair injuries with the use of cell-based therapy.
On this week's episode we are talking with Dr. Andrew Blecher to discuss regenerative treatments including stem cell treatment. Dr. Blecher received his education from William College in Massachusetts where he was an NCAA- All-American in Track & Field. After graduating from Medical School at Tufts University and completing his residency, Dr. Blecher joined the world renowned Cleveland Clinic Foundation located in Ohio, allowing for more opportunity to work with high profile athletes.
Due to Dr. Blecher’s notable contribution and success in the field of sports medicine, he currently serves as a physician for teams of Los Angeles Valley College, College of the Canyons, and Notre Dame High School. He is also the medical consultant for ESPN as well as the treating physician for the Summer X-Games, the WTA LA Women’s Tennis Championships, and USTA Men’s Tennis Farmer’s Classic.
This week, my guest, Mary Fernandez, is joining me to talk about MentorNet, an organization dedicated to advancing women and underrepresented minorities in STEM fields. Mentoring helps women in remain in STEM careers and also be successful. Part of the challenge is gender, but another is race and culture and Mary will talk about her own story of how mentoring helped her overcome her challenges as a Latina woman in STEM and how MentorNet now is helping students of diverse backgrounds succeed.
Mary Fernandez was named CEO of MentorNet in 2013 and since that time has renewed the organization’s commitment to its core values. Drawing upon the past decade’s revolutionary changes in social communication and significant advances in mentoring social science, Fernandez and her team have completely re-envisioned MentorNet’s program and platform and advocate for scaling their initiatives significantly, as they are convinced that their new methodology will help all STEM students.
A leader and active volunteer, Fernandez earned a PhD in Computer Science from Princeton University and is the author of more than 50 scholarly publications. She holds five patents and has mentored more than 20 STEM protégés. In 2012 Fernandez was recognized by AT&T as a ‘Champion of Diversity,’ a distinction awarded annually to only five of AT&T’s more than 300,000 employees, and in 2011 she received HENAAC’s ‘Outstanding Technical Achievement-Industry’ award.
Dr. Kevin Passero and his special guest Dr. Mayo Friedlis will be discussing using stem cells and platelets from your own body to treat arthritis and other musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr. Friedlis joined the National Spine & Pain Centers in 1983 and has helped expand the practice into a leading pain management facility. He is passionate about the science of managing pain and committed to delivering the most effective therapies possible to each of his patients. Dr. Friedlis is one of few physicians in the Washington DC area trained to perform Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, and is one of the first doctors in the area to use Stem Cell Therapy for musculoskeletal injuries, in particular knee and hip arthritis.
Most people think of liposuction as a way to get rid of excess fat. They can’t wait to kiss those fat cells goodbye. But, don’t waste that fat! Your extra fat could become your secret beauty weapon. Smoothing wrinkles, rejuvenating skin and plumping up the volume in breasts. Just because you don’t want extra fat on your belly or thighs doesn’t mean that fat isn’t valuable.
Fat is full of stem cells, valuable regenerative cells that have shown healing benefits. Stem cells have shown promise in treating a variety of different diseases from Alzheimer’s to spinal cord injuries and more. We can use these stem cells in conjunction with other cosmetic treatments to promote healing and foster cell growth.
Fat banking or fat storage takes your excess fat today and stores it for later use. Someday these cells may be used for a stem cell enhanced fat transfer or similar beauty treatment or, depending on how medicine evolves, these cells may someday become a priceless tool for medical treatment as well.
Tune in to Dr. Berger of Rejuvalife Vitality Institute and special guest, Anthony Dudzinski, COO of American CryoStem to learn more fat banking and stem cell storage!
Why aren't there more women and girls working in industries that allow them to change the world? Our guest is Cassidy Williams, and she is doing her part to change the equation.
Cassidy Williams, AdvisHer
Cassidy Williams is a computer programmer and computer science senior at Iowa State University, scheduled to graduate in May 2014.
She has worked at a variety of companies including Intuit, Microsoft, and General Mills and plans to work on the front end in web or mobile development.
She co-created AdvisHer to help other girls get started in the STEM industries (science, technology, engineering, and math). The online community leverages the power of pipeline programs to advise, advocate, and accelerate women in STEM related jobs around the world.
The project won a hackathon as part of British Airways' UnGrounded -- the first innovation lab in the sky, designed to connect industry leaders and creative minds for the purpose of tackling challenges that affect the next generation of global innovators. Cassidy was a member of Team Altitude, who were assigned the challenge of how to foster women in STEM positions... on one flight from San Francisco to London.
She is also a public speaker and has addressed audiences at events like the National Center for Women & IT Summit, the U.S. Department of Labor's Diversity in Tech event, the IINSPIRE (Iowa-Illinois-Nebraska STEM Partnership for Innovation in Research and Education) conference, TEDxDesMoines, and even at the United Nations.
in Self Help
Dr Donnie Rudd will be interviewed by Michael Diamond on getting and staying younger with Stem cells and other alternatives.
Also Michael will be talking about other health issues concerning your body and how to improve yourself for the coming year. Please tune in.
No matter what your age staying on top of your health 24 hours a day is crucial. I gained over a hundred pounds before I realized I was going to have effects on my health from becoming obese.
Getting and keeping good health can be as easy as 1 2 3. You will also be able to call in with your questions. Talk to you soon.
Attracting girls to courses in STEM subjects - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - is a serious issue across the United States. Dr. Angela Hinson Quick, Deputy Commissioner of Public Instruction for the State of North Carolina conducted research to examine patterns of female participation in STEM courses in North Carolina over a 5 year period. Join us to hear the surprising results of her research.
in Self Help
Do All Relationship Problems Stem From Poor Communication as claimed by relationship experts?
According to many relationship experts, all relationship problems stem from poor communication. Of course it sounds very logical that: "You can't communicate while you're checking your iPhone, watching TV, or flipping through the latest publication." This may or may not be truth in an unresolved relationship problem.
Here are some of the Relationship Problem-Solving Strategies that has been suggested by experts:
It has been said to make an actual appointment with each other. If you live together, put your cell phones on vibrate, if you have small children, put the kids to bed, and let voicemail pick up your calls.
Go to a public spot like the library, park, or restaurant where you'd be embarrassed if anyone saw you raise your voice and screaming.
Set up rules, not to interrupt until the other person is through speaking, and use derogatory phrases of accusations.
Show you're listening. Don’t involve or performing other chores during the meeting. Nod often for agreement and confirmation that you heard the message.
Even though those are well and excellent suggestions with the best intentions, it may or may not affect the relationship problems let alone resolve it. There must be more specific strengthening of the weaknesses associated with relationship problematic situations.
Relationship problems can always, without exception be resolved, through the increase of nonverbal communication, which is telepathic. If you don’t know much about how this resolves relationship problems immediately on the spot, you can ask Dr. Yuen, the founder of the Yuen Method, how this is done on his LIVE radio show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (149 chatters)
- John Baptist (101 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (61 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (30 chatters)
- RCRadio (29 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- DDP Radio (23 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (15 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (14 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- David and Wes (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- 12kyle (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)