SORT BY Relevancy
Trayvon Martin, Jordan Davis, Maryssa Alexander, Jonathan Ferrell, Sean Bell, Shanesa Taylor and Amadou Diallo,...just a few examples of the growing Wal of Fallen Victims who died because of their race. The list above includes people of all walks of life...athletics, teens, workingclass and immigration. All of the were either killed or harshly penalized for non-violent infractions,or no infractions at all because they were victims of racial bias for African-Americans.
As an adult communinty, we're enraged, sickened, paranoid, confused and practically debilitated by the affects of racism. As adults,our outrage comes from place of understanding.What then, are the affects of racismon our youth?
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--NO LIVE CALLS TONIGHT! Catch up on part one of our State of the Black Youth series. Returning tomorrow night with part three. Listen in at 347-327-9967
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--Continuing our series on the State of the Black youth...Internal hatred committed by our own to our own--Common fights over complexions, condescending attititudes between Black men and women, Blacks denouncing their heritage or customs for other cultures, etc...how does these mitigating and contributing factors to our community's breakdown affect our children?
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--Continuing our series on adult issues affecting our youth..Part Three of our series touches on the effects of the independent woman on our youth. African-American women endure the hardest burden of social survival. Parenting, relationships, economic and political issues always result in African-American communities being penalized on some major level. The elimination of the Black man's role via inarceration, police shootings, and conditional public assistance has become a regular routine, has the emergence of "the independent woman' added to the breakdown? And how do our youth fare in this? Join in at 10:30 pm EST toshare yourthoughts.
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--Police shootings, effeminization, emasculation, abandonment, submissiveness to outside cultures, and digression into youth-like behaviors...these are all things that have removed the Black male from the once powerful role of leadr and provider of his family and community. A large part of this is due to the oppression and obstacles imposed on him from society, and just as equally the blame falls on their choices to indulge in bad behaviors or submit to the challenges. How does this affect our youth? Join in tonight at 10:30 pm EST to share your thoughts.
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--Singer and Actress Raven-Symone won our hearts over as the sassy and bright Olivia Kendall on The Cosby Show. In her older years, she came out of the closet as a homosexual, and recentl interviewed with media mogul Oprah WInfrey where she revealed that she wishes not to be labeled as gay or African-American. She simply wants to be known as an American human who loves humans. It's a lovely sentiment, and one that in an ideal world should be the basis of thinking for all of mankind. However, since her African-American heritage is a non-negotiable factor in her gentic makeup, and she is a homosexual, is her statement indicative of identity disassociation that so many of our African-American celebrity icons seem to practice? Join in tonight at 10:30 pm EST with your thoughts. Call 347-327-9967.
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--We develop our children's characters by adding a little more responsibility to their load as they grow older and as they demonstrate trustworthiness in their ability to handle those responsibilities. In the cases of larger family or single parent households, we look to the older children of the family to share some of the leading roles in managing our family in order to keep the family running smoothly. How can we as parents maintain the balance of that delicate line between teaching them how to grow into an adult and becoming one too soon? Join me tonight at 10:30 pm EST with your thoughts.
Bill has been rather vocal related to Black people in america and what ails us, he has been held up by white america for the things he has said, denigrating and putting down the people who supported him to the place he sits. Still He is a Black man, does he not deserve our support?
Why suddenly the witch hunt, why has white america chosen THIS time to bring this forward, is it Distraction from the Mike Brown case??
How about the OJs and Bill Cosbys that have seemingly abandon their own once they sat at the table of whites, do these people still deserve our support or do we let them get chewed up by the master they snuggled beneath?
Ish just got real. This week the Black Geeks review the 3rd installment in The Hunger Games franchise, "Mockingjay - Part 1", directed by Francis Lawrence. It's all out war for Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Everdeen as she becomes the official symbol of the Districts' rebellion against The Capitol. Featuring a very strong supporting cast, including the late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman, Mockingjay-Part 1 is a bona fide action flick replete with explosions, psuedo-military combat jargon, and a very high body count. Tune in today at 3:30 and find out if this is worth your $16 or you should wait till it's streaming on Netflix in 3 months.
We will be discussing why black unity is needed, why we don't have black unity, why every group of people need it, changing the preception of black, redefining blac
The Hushmo Black Forum follows current events and news relevant to the African American community. The moderator initiates thought-provoking discussions and conversation for the listing audience throughout cyberspace . Members and guests of Hushmo’s online public forum are diverse individuals who have passionate insights and perspectives on African American issues that range from day-to-day life, politics, media, history, books, sports, entertainment, style, beauty and more.
The forum features a blog for members to post comments and interact. Writers highlight everything from movies and celebrity fashion to local human interest stories and lifestyle advice.
The Hushmo Black Forum airs online on Blog Talk Radio every Saturday at 7pm. On Blog Talk Radio, Hushmo Black has taken an in-depth look at the prolific African American activist W.E.B Du Bois. Hushmo Black has also reviewed and discussed Jimmy C. Cameron's newly released book “RACISM and HATE: an AMERICAN REALITY” and his first book "The Water Boy: The Life and Trials of Jimmy C. Cameron," which documents the life of Jimmy C Cameron and the Cameron family history in the state of Georgia covering some 230 years and windup centering on an epiphany he had when wounded in the Vietnam War in 1966."
Visit The Hushmo Black Forum and stay up-to-date on the latest in African American culture. When you become a member, you're embracing new friendships and a community to share stories and opinions.
"Like" The Hushmo Black Forum on Facebook and join "The Watering Hole," the place to quench your knowledge thirst!
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (134 chatters)
- John Baptist (112 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (57 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (45 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (44 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- HOV Radio (27 chatters)
- NTEB (26 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (16 chatters)
- Black Author Network (13 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (12 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (11 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- NDB Media (10 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (9 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (8 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (7 chatters)
- CopRot Radio (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio Ministries (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (3 chatters)
- spiritualactivists (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisMedia (2 chatters)
- world street hip hop (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (2 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- David Coney (2 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (2 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (2 chatters)
- Man Law LIVE (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- James Valentine (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- DiYAHGuRL1 (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- ABQ Sports Crew Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)