SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
When you marry, you inherit your spouse family. This includes all the dynamics that comes along with inlaws. Some inlaws are hands off but then there are some inlaws that fully involved in their child marriage. How do you handle meddling inlaws, friends, and extended family?
Where/how do you draw the line between being committed to the "team" (your marriage) and being considerate of others involved? Or once you get married is how THEY feel irrelevant?
In Florida alone, 26 children and teens have been killed in Stand Your Ground cases. Most notably, the cases of Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis have caused an uproar across the nation, with their killers using the Stand Your Ground law successfully in defeating murder convictions. While Marissa Alexander, a victim of domestic violence, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot. Marissa is now facing 60 years in prison after her appeal was granted and she was offered a retrial. Is the Stand Your Ground law racially bias? Does it give people a license to kill? Could your son be next? Let's discuss...
As the country reels from the outcome of the Jordan Davis case and national conversations abound on the need to repeal Stand Your Ground laws, the Florida Legislature is steadily working to expand the law. We are left stunned and bewildered as we see ill-conceived bills on the threatened use of force hurtle towards passage with bipartisan support. Over the past two weeks, both houses of the Legislature have voted overwhelmingly to expand Stand Your Ground by approving CS/CS/HB 89 and SB 448, the so-called “Warning Shot Bills.” http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/article/20140312/OPINION05/303120003/My-View-Don-t-make-bad-Stand-Your-Ground-law-worsehttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/criminal-justice/is-there-racial-bias-in-stand-your-ground-laws/ The talk where facts matters
The Interpreters team will look at recent happenings with Florida's stand your ground laws. Within this report the team will provide the basic knowledge about the law. During the blog talk report political pundits will be tuning in to weigh in on the discussion.
The Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis cases arguably highlight, for many, perceived inequities in the application of the Stand Your Ground (SYG) defense that is now law in 23 states. Join the Clarkie Connection for an impassioned and fascinating discussion of these and other related cases, the historical and cultural foundations of the SYG laws, and the myriad actions presently being taken by fellow citizens to hold accountable the policymakers responsible for the enactment of these laws, and effect the repeal of their injust provisions.
Ever since the death of Trayvon Martin, and the subsequent not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman, Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law has come under fire. Many are advocating for its repeal in the state of Florida. The general consensus among advocates of repeal is that the law's application is racially biased; and, that it is essentially a license to kill..As you can imagine, the debate has been drawn along political lines, and has forced many to take sides. The question, however, is whether we are properly informed .
On the eve of a major protest of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law, we explore the legislation, and how it has been misinterpreted largely by the media. Joining us in this discussion is Andrew F. Branca, an attorney who's specialty is self-defense law. He is also the author of, The Law of Self Defense.
JOIN THE CLAIM YOUR FAME RADIO SHOW ON MONDAY 07/7/14
AT 12:00 PM EST ON BLOG TALK RADIO HOSTED BY SHARON "LADEE STOREM" ACRES, DELORES WALKER BURKE & CAMILLA TERRELL.THE SHOW TOPIC WILL BE " WILL THE REAL BELIEVERS STAND" CAN A CHRISTIAN WITNESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA? COME OUTSIDE THE 4 WALLS AND LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS SHOW, TO BE A GUEST ON THE CLAIM YOUR FAME RADIO SHOW EMAIL US AT CLAIMFAME860@YAHOO.COM WE'RE LOOKING FOR AUTHORS, BUSINESS OWNERS, POETS, INSPIRATIONAL ARTIST & HOLY HIP HOP RAPPERS TO BE ON THE SHOW, SO BE A PART OF THE CYF FAMILY ON THE CLAIM YOUR FAME NETWORK!!
Join us today on for a great discussion on the Subject of Have the Stand your Ground Law in Florida save Lives or harm lives. Since it passage in 2005. join us on the What's on your mind Radio Broadcast on blogtalkradio.com/almawalton at 6pm central time
While on active duty with the U.S. Air Force and stationed in Tampa, Florida, in 2010 Michael Giles, was invited by a friend to a party in Tallahassee, Florida. Shorty after arriving at their destination the group found themselves in a volatile atmosphere. Several brawls broke out at the party involving various groups. In the midst of the chaos Michael was separated from his friends, the only two people he knew in the area. Several individuals in the crowd were overheard mentioning shooting and the fraternities fighting began calling in reinforcements. Witnesses stated there were between 20-40 people fighting. Michael tried his best to avoid the crowd and the groups of men fighting when all of a sudden he was rushed by a crowd of people from the front. He tried to move but his unknown attacker struck him from behind, at which point he fell to the ground. With so many people fighting around him and his attacker close by, Michael fired his weapon to get away from the fighting.
Later during trial his attacker admitted to not knowing Michael. Several witnesses stated that Michael was just standing to the side not provoking anyone, or causing a commotion.. He admitted that Michael did nothing to provoke him.
Michael had a legal right to carry and conceal. He was attacked, and defended himself. He feared that the angry mob would turn on him and he would be killed or seriously injured. He then fired a single shot to get away from his attacker, which struck the attacker in the leg. For this he is now serving a 25 year sentence in Florida. The only bullet found showed no evidence of hitting anyone. The state ignored witnesses statements of multiple gun shots being fired during the fight.
His Judge stated that he felt the evidence presented did not justify a 25 year sentence and if he could, he would give him an alternative sentence. But due to the current mandatory minimum law he was forced to give Michael the 25 years.
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (22 chatters)
- The Portal (21 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (16 chatters)
- 63289 (16 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (11 chatters)
- FFToolbox (10 chatters)
- SHRAonair (9 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (6 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (5 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (5 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- LibertyRules (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (3 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (3 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (3 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- PASOS (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- Takeover Tuesday (1 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Disasterpiece Theater (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (0 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (0 chatters)