SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight, Sunday March 8, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Premier Boxing Champions" edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee".
The two fight scribes will examine Saturday night's big network debut of PBC on primetime NBC!!
- Keith Thurman UD12 over Robert Guerrero
- Adrien Broner UD12 over John Molina Jr.
- Did the NBC presentation meet or exceed fan expectation?
- Did the action disappoint?
- Are Haymon's fighters big enough names to support the mainstream series?
- What does the future hold for Thurman, Guerrero, Broner, and Molina?
Joseph and Lee will also give a brief review of Zou Shiming's loss to Amnat Ruenroeng in Macau, China.
- What went wrong for Top Rank?
- What does the future hold for Zou Shiming?
The FightSaga tandem will also preview this weekend's big events on Spike TV and HBO!!
- Porter vs. Garcia, March 13 on Spike TV
- Berto vs. Lopez, March 13 on Spike TV
- Cunningham vs. Glazkov, March 14 on HBO
- Kovalev vs. Pascal, March 14 on HBO
Tune in for another 90 minute addition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee", exclusively on FightSaga.com!
Spike TV has opted not to renew TNA's contract, which expires in October. Gavin and Mark will discuss this in detail and then take your calls!
Thursday, April 23, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Mayweather vs.Pacquiao ticket frenzy" edition of "Ringside Report with Rodney and Joseph"!!
Kicking off the 90 minute program, radio personality Rodney Green, along with fight scribe Joseph Herron, will discuss the latest developments in the ongoing boxing soap opera that has become "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao"!!
- Tickets finally go on sale to the boxing public...is the MGM Grand Garden Arena going to sell out by this weekend?
- $10 Tickets for next Friday afternoon's weigh-in go on sale Friday, April 24th, at 3PM ET/12PM PT...should Mayweather Promotions be charging fans?
- Does Mayweather still have the appetite for the fight game? And in the event of harsh conditions on May 2nd, does Floyd still have the heart to overcome adversity?
- In the event of an improbable KO loss to Manny Pacquiao, can Floyd mentally handle it?
- Is the world ready for this monumental undertaking on May 2nd?
Rodney and Joseph will also examine this weekend's fight action from Chicago, Illinois, and New York City, New York!!
- Dirrell vs. Jack 12 Rds, on Spike TV for Anthony's WBC Super Middleweight title
- Jacobs vs. Truax 12 Rds on Spike TV for Daniel's WBA "Regular" Middleweight title
- Klitschko vs. Jennings 12 Rds on HBO for Wladimir's WBO, IBF, Super WBA, and IBO Heavyweight titles
The FightSaga Radio team will also size up the ongoing Stevenson/Kovalev debacle!!
Tune in this evening at 9PM ET/6PM PT for another edition of "Ringside Report with Rodney and Joseph"!!
Wednesday, April 22, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Boxing Legends Double Header", featuring Hall of Fame matchmaker and promoter Don "War a Week" Chargin and elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
Kicking off tonight's 90 minute program, the six decade boxing legend will talk about the ongoing promotion of "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao", which is slated to go down live on Saturday, May 2nd!!
- Why the delay in ticket distribution and sale?
- What's the Hall of Fame promoter's assessment of Mayweather Promotions' performance up to this point?
- Why didn't TMT want to work in a collaborative effort with Top Rank, Inc, and what are the potential pitfalls?
In the second portion of Don's segment, "War a Week" Chargin will discuss the future of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and PBC's handling of his career.
- Can JCC Jr. bounce back from quitting on his stool?
- Will the passionate Mexican fight fans ever support the 29 year old fighter ever again?
"The Don" of boxing will also talk about yesterday's conference call with Canelo and Kirkland!!
At the 30 minute mark, FightSaga Radio will be joined by elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
- PBC on Spike TV from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Badou Jack for the WBC 168 pound title
- Danny Jacobs vs Caleb Truax for the WBA "Regular" Middleweight title
Coach Shields will also share his thoughts on this past weekends action on HBO and Showtime, and will also give us his prediction on this Saturday night's big Heavyweight fight between Klitschko and Jennings!!
Join us this evening for a special "Double Header" of Boxing Legends and Real Boxing on FightSaga Radio!!
This episode starts with Recap from a entertaining weekend of Boxing that saw a great 2-way Matthysee vs. Provodnikov HBO fight and on Showtime Andrzej Fonfara scored a TKO Upset over Julio Chavez Jr. Plus, Interview with Legendary Boxing Promoter Bob Arum covering Terrence Crawford and Mayweather/Pacquiao Weekend to draw 100,000 in Las Vegas!lso,Preview & Predictions for the HBO Doubleheader headlined by Wladimir Klitschko vs. Bryant Jennings and The PBC on Spike TV featuring Jacobs vs. Truax and Dirrell vs. Jack. Other Topics For Discussion-Discuss more detail from an article written about Al Haymon's Premier Boxing Champions plans, goals, and major backing by proven investors. -Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Ticket Debacle and Pricing of the limited amount of tickets. -Paulie Malingaggi is back in a fight in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center May 29. -WBC reorders purse bid on May, 29th for Kovalev vs. Stevenson. -Mayweather vs. Pacquiao "Pop-Up" Show in Las Vegas open to the public. Plus, More Current Boxing News Topics! Call 646-381-4990 Listen Live on your phone or Join The Roundtable! Your Voice Will Be Heard! Follow on Twitter @RopeADopeRadio
TNA President Dixie Carter came forward on Twitter today to state that negotiations with Spike TV are still “ongoing”, implying that just because a deal hasn’t been struck, does not mean there won’t be one made in the coming weeks. This comes after our report yesterday that Spike TV did not want to renew their deal with the wrestling organization, leaving Impact Wrestling potentially homeless if a deal could not be reached with a new network soon. While this is technically true, and TNA would obviously love to remain with their network, it’s still being said – and confirmed by dozens of sources at this point – that Spike has very little interest in pursuing their relationship further.
Thursday, April 2, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Magic Man" edition of "Ringside Report with Rodney Green and Joseph Herron", featuring 1996 Olympic Bronze Medalist and five-time Light Heavyweight Champion Antonio Tarver!!
Mason "The Line" Dixon from "Rocky Balboa" will discuss his current plight in attempting to become a Heavyweight Champion at age 46. The expert ringside commentator will also discuss his role "calling the action" for "Premier Boxing Champions" on Spike TV!!
Tarver will examine the landscape of the Heavyweight division and discuss big events scheduled on the boxing calendar.
At the 30 minute mark, Rodney and Joseph will talk about the latest boxing news!!
- Khan vs. Algieri on May 30th
- Andre Ward to return June 20th in Oakland to face the dreaded TBE
- Al Haymon planning to monopolize the sport
- Miguel Cotto vs Geale, Heiland, or Bundrage? Does anyone care?
Tune in for another special episode of "Ringside Report with Rodney Green and Joseph Herron", featuring five-time Light Heavyweight Champion Antonio Tarver!!
As the WWE continues their "Road to Wrestlemania" it falls to their, Creative team to come up with ways to make the upcoming show(s) more attractive to the casual wrestling fan. On this week's episode of, Monday Night RAW a Q & A session was held between John Cena and the current WWE Champion, The Rock. The Q & A session included a panel of WWE Legends(Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T and Bret “Hit Man” Hart). Ric Flair was to be included in the panel, but was asked to leave the arena due to a health scare. A blood clot was to blame, apparently the same condition that affected Ric Flair during a recent trip to Japan.
TNA's main television partner, Spike TV, might be considering an overhaul. The network known for television programming mainly geared toward the male demographic, might be changing over to a more "general entertainment" approach. The cause for this, declining ratings and ad revenue in 2012. There is even rumors of a brand/name change for Spike TV. If this happens, where does TNA sit? Will TNA's Impact Wrestling have to find a new television home as they begin their road tour?
We are, The Rabblecast! Join us LIVE at 8pm(est) to listen in, join our LIVE chat room where you can interact with other listeners, and of course don't forget about the studio number (714)583-6886 if you want to call in and share your thoughts On-Air!
Gerweck Report podcast #49: Thoughts on the Russo interview, Spike TV, O’Haire’s passing, Adrian Pet
In this edition of the Gerweck Report podcast, Frank Dee and Steve Gerweck discuss: – The fall out from the Vince Russo interview – Is Russo the most polarizing character in wrestling? – Should Lex Luger, Ted Turner, and Vince Russo go into the WWE hall of fame? – Reaction to Spike TV’s statement about […]
Joe Warren is a professional mixe martial artist (MMA) fighter who is the current bantamweight and former featherweight champion for Bellator MMA, which airs on Spike TV. A world champion amateur wrestler, Warren made the transition to MMA in 2009 by competing for Japanese promotion Dream in their Featherweight Grand Prix Tournamnet. He was then signed by Bellator and after winning the Season 2 featherweight tournament defeated then champion Joe Soto to capture his first world title. After losing the 145-lbs title to Pat Curran he made the permanent move to 135-lbs and after winning the Season 9 bantamweight tournament captured the interim-title and later the unifed championship. His first title defense takes place at Bellator 135 on March 27 in a rematch against Brazilian fighter Marcos Galvão. The two previously fought at Bellator 41 which saw Warren win by unanimous decision.