SORT BY Relevancy
Please join us as we discuss the very important subject of special needs children. We will take a look at not only their challenges, but of those who are charged with caring for them, educating them, advocating for them, and protecting their rights. We are hopeful to create not only a dialogue, but begin a network of support and resources, as well as a better understanding of these precious and gifted human beings.
On the show today I ask Andy Nixon, lead pastor of The Woodland United Methodist Church - The Loft some listener questions about God and Faith in families with special needs kids.
It’s a great conversation and I know you’ll enjoy it! Join us now to hear how it went!
Parenting special needs kids can make it hard to maintain a positive outlook. I'll share 3 ways you can keep it positive!
Pastor Craig Johnson is the Senior Director of Family Ministry at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church, which draws 40,000 weekly worshipers to its Houston, Texas arena, developed a ministry in 2008 for families with special needs children who find it challenging to attend church on a regular basis. The Houston location, which consists of an educational room, a physical therapy room and a sensory room, serves more than 300 special needs families every week. The program also provides spiritual therapy and a full Christian curriculum. The Champions Club was inspired and launched by Pastor Craig, who has an autistic son.
Join Dave Nassaney, your host, as he helps caregivers who are burned out, but his most important role is being a caregiver to his lovely wife, Charlene. His latest book that he is now working on is entitled: "The Caregiver's Caregiver, A Guide to Avoiding Burnout." It is designed to teach caregivers who are taking care of their loved ones (due to an illness or disability) how to take care of themselves FIRST. If they don't learn this, they will likely suffer burnout and become as helpless as the person they are caring for. Tune in every Wednesday at noon PST,for interviews with experts in the caregiving field, as they discuss topics of great interest to caregivers, which will help them avoid burnout
Special Guest Rebekah White from Heal yourself Talk.com Her oldest son has Asperger syndrome and we will be talking to her about the behaviors and ways that she has found to cope with his issues. We also hope to cover how she can work from home while having children and especially a child with a disorder.
Who owns the IEP process? Hear some insight from a special needs mom who's also a special education teacher.
Parents don't always realize how much work goes into an IEP, or how challenging it is for the teachers who write them.
Teachers don't always appreciate how lost parents can feel through the whole process.
Kids rarely get the full spectrum of services that will make for the most enriching educational experience possible.
Parents have to be the final driving force in the education of their child, because the only thing that will follow a child from pre-k to graduation is that IEP file and parental guidance.
Be sure to check out the IEP Aide from Vestidd, which will guide you through the important information on that IEP, and will allow you to store all of that paperwork easily, so that you can be the driving force and let that IEP grow with your child.
Learn more at www.vestidd.com
We had so much information to share in last week's episode regarding our furry special needs friends, that we couldn't combine it all in one show! So join us this Saturday as we tackle this topic again, sharing information on appliances to assist your special needs pet and other resources available to pet parents. This Saturday, June 20th at 5pm Central on The Missy Show!
Join Host Live Chats
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (14 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- BULLY BLOCK RADIO LIVE (10 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (8 chatters)
- TimBinnall (8 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (7 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (3 chatters)
- Bikers of America (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- The Night Time Fiasco (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HomeTeam (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- Deborah Nazemi (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- R-I-G-H-T MIND RADIO (2 chatters)
- Lash Addict Radio (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- BlockStar Radio (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)