SORT BY Relevancy
Can’t think of a better thing to do when hanging out in a super modern city like Seoul, South Korea then to go for a bike ride. It’s a great way to see another side of life here besides the typical tourist things like visiting temples, museums and going shopping plus it’s so up close to everyday life here.
I actually got my idea for this ride from the latest Lonely Planet Korea guide with a few modifications to the route. Let’s call them accidental modifications. I started out from Yeouido Park where you can rent bikes starting at 3000 won an hour, about $2.50 USD. Yeouido is considered the mecca for cycling in Seoul.
First stop was the Mapo Bridge where there is a designated cycle path making it safe and convenient to check out the views.
The Han River is the fourth longest river on the Korean Peninsula with a total length of almost 500km. This river was once a very large trade route with China through the Yellow Sea however due to estuary location at the borders of North and South Korea the river is no longer actively used for navigation.
An exit ramp from the other side of the bridge takes you to the north side of the river with great cycling paths. Keeping to the left on this path will continue your journey along the Han River. The destination for this cycle is the Seoul World Cup Stadium, built for the FIFA World Cup in 2002.
A great view of the beautiful domed National Assembly Building across the river. the legislative branch of the South Korean national government.
Keep riding along the path past this cliff and under the Yanghwa and Seongsan Bridges.
Excerpts from "Cycling The Megalopolis Of Seoul".
In the first segment, David Hubler will talk about his book The Nats and the Grays about baseball in World War II Washington, DC as seen by two baseball teams, the Washington Nationals of the segregationist major leagues and the Homestead Grays of the Negro Baseball League and how it led to integration of the major leagues.
In the second segment, Chris Heyde, Deputy Director of the Animal Welfare Institute will discuss the abuse of dogs in South Korea.
South Korea fired rounds at the North in response to projectile. Iran, Russia reach agreement on delivery of S-300 missile systems. St. Louis police use tear gas on protesters after armed man killed by officers.News that You can Use as it relates to the Bible and End Times.
1. Top aides to the leaders of North and South Korea met at the Panmunjom truce village straddling their border on Saturday, raising hopes for an end to a standoff that put the rivals on the brink of armed conflict.
2. The Israeli military launched a second round of airstrikes in Syria on Friday morning, killing all of the passengers traveling in a vehicle and intensifying the most serious conflict in the area in months.
3. China has built up and reclaimed even more land in the South China Sea than previously thought -- with an archipelago of man-made islands now spanning 2,900 acres, according to a new Pentagon report released on Friday.
4. Iran on Saturday unveiled a new surface-to-surface missile it said could strike targets with pin-point accuracy within a range of 310 miles and it said military might was a precondition for peace and effective diplomacy.
5. The New York Times on Friday revealed the details of a compensation package Israel is set to receive from the United States after world powers and Iran agreed to a historic nuclear agreement in early July.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is 2 Kings 20:4-6 which reads: "And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying, Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake."
LIVE with Baboucarr Lowe in South Korea
''Baboucarr Lowe is from Gambia and lives in Busan City, South Korea. He is a researcher in the field of Biomedical Nanotechnology applications in Tissue Engineering. He Isolates nano-biomaterial from nature as well characterize and functionalize them for use in tissue damage repairs and or regeneration. Functionalized nano-biomaterial with other polymers are largely fabricated in the form of 3D scaffolds with unique micro-environmental architectures capable of playing host to cells growth and development. He is also a poet and a writer and interested about how diversity in cultures and people should be embrace to ensure a peaceful human society where people live in dignity and prosperity.''
Michelle McTyre, a student teacher of Eastern Michigan University studying special education, recently returned from teaching in South Korea. She shares insights about the international experience, both in the classroom and as novice in international travel. The interview with Michelle is part of a larger discussion about how immersing ourselves in new and different cultures is a powerful way to accelerate learning and thinking abilities.
'God Is Alive and He's on the Throne,' Says Clerk Sued for Refusing to Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Safeway, Panera Bread harass and threaten volunteers collecting signatures to overturn Calif. SB277 vaccine mandate, North and South Korea on journey to ‘new normal’ after recent dustup, and More Global News that You can Use as it relates to the Bible and End Times.
in Self Help
Kristin Meekhof graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Kalamazoo College with a major in psychology. She completed the clinical Master in Social Work program at the University of Michigan, and is a licensed social worker. When she lost her husband to a rare form of cancer, she quickly discovered what all widows learn at the very moment you are stripped of a partner, you must make crucial decisions that will impact the rest of your life.
Kristin was born in South Korea and was adopted as an infant after being abandoned on the street. She writes about healthy ways to transform difficult situations. She joins us today to discuss her new book, “A Widow's Guide to Healing: Gentle Support and Advice for the First 5 Years” co-authored with James Windell. Visit www.Kristinmeekhof.com.
Get the Off the Grid Into the Heart CD by Sister Jenna. Like America Meditating on FB & follow us on Twitter. Visit our website at www.meditationmuseum.org. Download our free Pause for Peace App for Apple or Android.
In 2004, an agreement was reached between the United States and South Korean governments to relocate the United States Forces Korea from the heart of Seoul to Camp Humphreys, outside the mid-sized city of Pyeongtaek, and to a second major garrison outside of Daegu
The process, scheduled to be completed next year, will consolidate more than 28,000 troops into two regional hubs and will transform Camp Humphreys into the largest U.S. Army garrison in Asia.
As the population of the garisson increases from 12,000 Soldiers, Family Members and contractors to 37,000 in 2016, the city of Pyeongtaek, in co-operation with the central South Korean government, have developed ambitious plans.
These include a major Samsung semiconductor chip plant, the world’s largest fuel cell power plant, an expanded maritime port, a free economic zone as well as tens of thousands of new housing developments.
UC Berkley’s Bridget Martin is researching the links between Militarism and Urbanization in South Korea. In the second of our two-part conversation, she talks about the intensity of South Korean urban redevelopment, the goals behind USFK base consolidation and restructuring and the historical relationship between American military bases and South Korean society.
Music on this episode is the Pearl Sister's 'Love House' (????? ??? ??)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AAvLhCeUwc
Today's talks about the war on YOU using cash, giving your power over to the big banks. North Korea start biological war with South Korea, but not how you are thinking. Pro-Rape group having raly in your town this weekend. And despite what president Obama said in the State of the Union Address, the American economy is not trucking right along!
Developing Ideas What To Do With The State Fair Of Texas Year-Round Will Be A Great Start. What You Have To Realize Is That If You Hit A Home Run, The World Will Be Your Oyster.Remember You Don't Have To Re-Invent The Wheel....More Tonite On Bon-Ton Rising Radio From 6 :00 Til 7 :00 P.M. Call In With Your Thoughts And Opinions At 1 (213)668-8263 Thanks From Doc Morgan, Uncle Billy And The Bon-Ton Rising Radio Team. Hola !!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (101 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (37 chatters)
- Bantering The Blueshirts (24 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (17 chatters)
- AJC Radio (14 chatters)
- The Appearance (13 chatters)
- Ron March Show (10 chatters)
- MIA-Expert Psychic (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Revelation Power (5 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (4 chatters)
- The Dream1 (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (3 chatters)
- Young Black and Empowered (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (3 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- Fins Radio (3 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- Gospel Alliance Radio (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- Get Right Radio1 (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- American Network (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- RoxieZw (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- ADeep Aries (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (0 chatters)
- The Anointed Words (0 chatters)