SORT BY Relevancy
2 p.m. CST
Join us for this month's Constructing Casinos with SOSH Architects, as we catch up with two of the firm's partners, Tom O’Connor and Bill Salerno. We'll get a chance to expand on the recent CEM article, "How Design Changes in Response to Regional Markets." O'Connor and Salerno will talk about architectural design in various regions, as well as SOSH's approach to each project. We'll also be taking caller questions, so let us know if you'd like to ask the experts anything!
For our monthly edition of Constructing Casinos, Tom O'Connor and Bill Salerno of SOSH Architecture joined us to discuss the architectural side of the industry. O’Connor is a principal at the firm and has been in the industry for over 35 years. He was one of the founding principals of SOSH Architects more than 30 years ago and he and his partners have designed projects for the country’s best known hospitality, gaming and entertainment clients. Salerno is also a principal at SOSH and has over 35 years of experience in the industry. He has completed a variety of noteworthy projects for a diverse and distinguished group of clients, including casino, hospitality and entertainment companies, public entities and corporate clients. SOSH is an architecture, interiors and planning firm which specializes in the hospitality, entertainment, retail, civic and education markets.
The industry's most talked-about mega resort graces 6.3 million square feet on the Boardwalk and stands 47 stories tall--and the resort's size isn't the only thing turning heads in Atlantic City. We're here to bring you an inside look at the sweeping ocean views, fabulous restaurants, a 13,000-square-foot casino and the other gorgeous aspects of Revel.
On this month's Constructing Casinos, we'll be talking with three key players of Revel. We'll hear from Tom Sykes, partner at SOSH Architects, Mitch Gorshin from Revel, and Michael Prifti, managing principal at BLT Architects.
This show is a follow-up to the article written in the June issue of Casino Enterprise Management magazine. To read that article, click here.
By Klaus M. Steinke and Jane S. Lee
As the gaming industry goes global, are we saying goodbye to regionalism in casino design? One international architecture firm says not so fast. Here's how they think local while acting global.
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (41 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (18 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (15 chatters)
- Prepper Chicks (13 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (5 chatters)
- Black Afrikan Infrastructure Radio (5 chatters)
- Father Teresa (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (4 chatters)
- DBR--DragonBallRadio (2 chatters)
- Truth and Transformation (2 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Gonzo After Dark (2 chatters)
- HRN (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Roberts Revolution Radio (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (1 chatters)
- talk about sport with me andrewrobs (0 chatters)