SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode, we discuss how a socialist economic system could move us beyond a minimum wage economic system to a living wage economic system. We highlight the history of the minimum wage and the inherent contradictions with this form of wage slavery.
Be sure to check our prior shows to about how we define socialism and why we think it's a better economic system, and how it can benefit all of humanity.
This is our premiere show in which we, the show hosts, Bakari and Carl, instroduce ourselves and talk about why we started Socialist Visions, and more importantly why you should listen and participate in the show.
For the first few months, the Socialist Visions podcast will be a b-iweekly podcast (aired live on Sundays) in which we discuss why we think socialism can vastly improve the living conditions of all people on the planet, and why it's important to discuss and debate the objectives of a scientific socialist economic model. In upcoming shows, we will provide you a better understanding of socialism, and address the misconceptions about what the system is and is not about.
We invite you to call in with your questions, or write give us feedback at email@example.com.
In this episode, we propose a vision for how the politics and economics of socialism could work. While it's impossible to know exactly how socialism will develop until the conditions are met for a politcal and economic transformation, we explain why and how it could possibly occur and what would be the benefits. Tune in, listen, and call in with your quesitons.
'The Socialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'Steven Katz is Stewart's guest. Steven is the State Chair of the New York Socialist Party USA.He will join the program to discuss:Left Unity, Is It Possible?We will also discuss why a growing number of young people are now having a favorable view of socialism.Feel free to call in w/ queries or comments!
1st hr. 'The Socialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'
2nd hr. 'Dialectics w/ Nikolai Brown'
X Stewart's guest today is Steven Katz, New York State Chair with the Socialist Party USA.
Today's topic is:
"The Possibilities For Left Unity"
X This week on 'Dialectics', Omali Yeshitela of the African People's Socialist Party, http://asiuhuru.org/ontheground/apsp-usa, joins host Nikolai Brown to discuss African Internationalism and recent developments in the world scene.
CHAIRMAN OMALI YESHITELA OF THE AFRICAN PEOPLE’S SOCIALIST PARTY (APSP): THE UHURU MOVEMENT
THE LOTUS PLACE WELCOMES CHAIRMAN OMALI YESHITELA OF THE AFRICAN PEOPLE’S SOCIALIST PARTY (APSP), THE UHURU MOVEMENT, & FOUNDER OF THE BURNING SPEAR NEWSPAPER.
SUN. AUGUST, 3, 2014…6 P CST/7 P EST…347-637-3074…CALL/CHAT/LISTEN
Known as the “Last man standing” Yeshitela was a SNCC organizer in the 1960s, sentenced to 5 years in prison for tearing down a racist mural in City Hall of St Petersburg, FL in 1966. The Chairman has dedicated his life to the unequivocal liberation of Africa and African people everywhere.
Tune in to hear Chairman Yeshitela discuss the history of the APSP, the UHURU MOVEMENT, & distinguish the fight against racism versus the struggle to end colonialism. Also join in the conversation as he specifically touches on elements of the civil rights movement, the petty bourgeois, capitalists, imperialists, the killing of Africans, revolutionary thinking, colonialism, the struggle, &liberation.
http://omaliyeshitela.org/ & www.Uhurunews.com
Join in the lively discussions that always take place at THE LOTUS PLACE!
HOST ~THE LOTUS PLACE
CO ~HOST /PRODUCER~DR.RANDY SHORT
CREATIVE DIRECTOR ~QUEEN ZOLA
MUSIC ~SAKHELE SESHIBE
THE LOTUS PLACE
The miliary and police attacks from Palestine to Ferguson, St. Louis, are pure acts of terroism, and economic and political repression. We will discuss why these communities and colonalized regions of the world are attacked in this manner, and how it helps maintain the capitalist power structure.
1st hr. 'TheSocialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'
2nd hr.'The Dialogue'
On 'The Socialist Insight', Stewart Alexander is joined by Alan L. Maki, www.thepodunkblog.blogspot.com, political and social activist, and Alex J. Segneri, political activist and Chicago’s radio talk show host of 'Out Front'.
Topic: Grassroots Organizing for Revolutionary Change.
Alan Maki will share the mission for the New Progressive Alliance (NPA), and Alex Segneri will share the mission of the Foundation for a United Front. With global capitalism in total chaos and a global economic crisis looming, both Maki and Segneri will share what their organizations are doing to organize the working class base for revolutionary change
Stewart, Alan, and A.J. will also discuss why it is impossible to reform capitalism.
'The Dialogue' tackles:
Solutions and New Systems. (Operating Suggestions for the New Age).
Ken Withrow, Karen Patrick, and Ruthann Amarteifio
1st hr.----'The Socialkist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'
2nd hr.---'The Dialogue'
X Tonight on 'The Socialist Insight'', Stewart is joined by Al Suarez, writer and political activist.
Under dicussion: "Is the Cold War Getting Hotter?"
With political tensions rising in Ukraine, the Black Sea, the Middle East and the South China Sea, we will share what this all means for a divided international community.
Al Suarez was also a panelist during the recent Left Forum in New York and will share his thoughts on Ukraine, the EU, U.S., NATO, and Russia, and why every American should be concerned.
X Tonight, 'The Dialogue' continues w/ Pt.3 of "The War on Women". Ken Withrow,,Copal, and Ruthann Amarteifio will talk of how so many of our modern day issues go back to the treatment of women, thru the ages. As people are awakening to the power of the Goddess, how can we continue to raise consciousness?
1st hr. 'The Socialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'
2nd hr. 'The Dialogue'
X On The Socialist Insight, Alan L. Maki, www.thepodunkblog.blogspot.com, political analyst and social activist, is back Stewart and Alan will be discussing:
" The High Cost of a War Driven Economy"
They will talk of how a permanent war economy threatens the social safety net for all working people.
They will also speak about the recent VA scandal. The U.S. government is spending trillions of dollars on wars and military aggression around the world, yet our veterans are failing to receive proper care and treatment.
X 'The Dialogue' continues with part two of "War On Women"
Ken Withrow is joined by Karen Patrick, Bret Sheppard, Copal, and Ruthann Amarteifio as this important topic is once more addressed!
When we say, we want justice, what do we mean? That's the topic of this show. It's not enough to say, "WE WANT JUSTICE". We have to develop visions of justice and equality. What type of society and world do we specifically want? What type of economic system should we strive strive for? And how do we make change in a messed up world? These and other questions will be addressed in this episode.
1st hr; 'The Socialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'
2nd hr. 'The Dialogue'
On 'The Socialist Insight', Stewart Alexander is joined by Alan L. Maki, www.thepodunkblog.blogspot.com, political and social activist. Topic: Our Annual Rating of President Obama’s Presidency (How does Obama score?)
During this hour, Stewart and Alan will discuss how well the president has done on domestic and international issues; war and peace, the economy, labor, human rights, civil rights, job creation, health care, VA affairs, education, affordable housing and much, much more. A jam-packed hour!!
Tonight's 'The Dialogue' begins a discussion on: 'Race and Social Contracts'---
Ken Withrow, Karen Patrick, Copal, and Ruthann Amarteifio are around the table!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (74 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (31 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- The Portal (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (6 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (6 chatters)
- The Rebecca Juro Show (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (5 chatters)
- Living Astrology (5 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (4 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (3 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (3 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- Trek Talking (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- CAA Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Move to Amend (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- The Keys107 (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Tarhaka (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- YBP (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- What Does God Say About It (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)