SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode of Own Your Career, Rod Colon will cover the basics of being the CEO of Me, Inc ... "Back to Basics"
1. How to manage your career as a business and become the CEO of Me, Inc. Enterprises
2. How to Build, Track and Maintain Your Network
3. How to develop your “Value Proposition” for the business of Me, Inc.
4. How to manage your job search in a 7-Step Process with quality control check points
5. How to leverage and manage the “Hidden Job Market”
Rod Colon completes the final 4 strategies on this episode of Own Your Career, learn how successful leaders in all fields, from business to entertainment, consistently use the nine success strategies to achieve their career goals. These strategies focus on positive attitudes and actions. Throughout the world, Olympic sports psychologists coach competitors to achieve maximum performance by learning and applying these strategies. As the CEO of your career learn the nine strategies for your career success and make sure to pass it on to your Board of Directors (family)!
Dr. Mary Bemker in her return appearance on "Own Your Career" tackles the topic of Social Intelligence.
Social intelligence is the capacity to effectively negotiate complex social relationships and environments. Social intelligence, rather than quantitative intelligence defines humans. Social scientist believe social intelligence is an aggregated measure of self- and social-awareness, evolved social beliefs and attitudes, and a capacity and appetite to manage complex social change. "The ability to understand and manage men and women, boys and girls, to act wisely in human relations". It is equivalent to interpersonal intelligence, one of the types of intelligence identified and closely related to theory of mind. Social intelligence is a person’s competence to understand his or her environment optimally and react appropriately for socially successful conduct.
As a career strategist, I see firsthand how Worry and Fear paralyze today's professionals. As the CEO of Me, Inc. we must find ways to help us through these mind-set obstacles. In this episode of Own Your Career I will share my personal techniques that I have shared and used for years.
Enjoy the show... RC
The importance of networking is deep-rooted in the brains of both college students and professionals … networking connections will be the most important influences on managing your career and landing a job. Sounds pretty simple, right? Not necessarily. Although you know networking is crucial to success, how do you know which networking connections are the right ones to help your career. Knowing the right people will allow you to work smarter – not harder – to build your professional network. Learn how to transform your networking opportunities by identifying the most beneficial networking prospects in this episode of Own Your Career.
If you want to turbocharge your career and specifically your job search, you’ll need to make social networking part of your master connection strategy. Of course you can reject the whole idea too. But with so many people competing for so few jobs, you have to ask yourself one question: “Do I really want to ignore a powerful new technology that’s practically custom-made for making connections and building relationships?” In my view, your competitors have already answered that question with a powerful “No!” So I’m afraid that leaves you very little choice.
See you on the radio …
Great artist know it and so do Olympians. Successful people in nearly every field know that they can’t be their best unless they have a good coach in their corner. And now the business world knows it, too: in a fast-paced, fluid, and dynamic environment, where flattened organizations made up of cross-functional teams must respond rapidly to change, having mentors and sponsors are one of the most effective strategies in managing your career as a business.
In this episode of Own Your Career, Rod Colon will discuss how to leverage your network to find great mentors and sponsors for your Me, Inc. Enterprise.
Is all stress bad? How do we tell the difference? What is one thing that we can do that will help minimize stress at work and at home? How does an individual's personality play a role in stress management and the jobs that they choose?
Find the answers to these questions on this episode of Own Your Career with Rod Colon. Rod's guest Dr. Mary Bemker has been a practitioner and an educator for over 20 years. During that time, she created and oversaw a counseling and development program for a Fortune 500 company and served as a consultant to businesses in relation to employee management and productivity.
In this episode of Own Your Career, Rod discusses the power of the Business Card as the CEO of Me, Inc. Whether you are looking for a job or running a business, giving out business cards is crucial to marketing your skills or services. Business cards speak volumes about who you are, what you offer and how serious you are marketing Me, Inc. as a business.
The holiday season is prime-time for networking. Most people are in a more jovial, giving mood and workplaces slow down a bit. In this episode of Own Your Career, Rod discusses how to best leverage the holiday season for extraordinary career results and lay the foundation for 2014!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (86 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (20 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (15 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (11 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- MABIM (10 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (8 chatters)
- Super Heru Radio (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (5 chatters)
- SSRN (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- TimBinnall (4 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (4 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (4 chatters)
- Odwirafo (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- OneXHeart Messages with Robin (2 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- 64621 (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (0 chatters)