SORT BY Relevancy
During this episode, I am going to speak with Steven Laviolette and his family about not just living with sled dogs, but living life THROUGH them.
For those listening that already roll with this crazy life in and around sled dogs, you understand the sacrifices, the joys and the mushing lifestyle. But as this sport makes its rebound, with young folks up and coming, enthusiats and companion owners of these Northern Breeds getting interested for the first time in mushing, opening up the campfire style discussions of just what it takes to maintain a kennel of healthy, happy sled dogs, but the lessons these dogs teach us about how to live, and how to love.
The everyday upkeep of a mushing kennel is just where this life begins. You tell most folks out there just the basics of nutritious diets, fresh water, clean kennels, Vetting and of course daily exercise in harness, and they scratch their heads and wonder not only WHY we continue to do what we do, but do so with such passion and determination. THAT is what I would like this conversation with the Tuuluuwak mushers to cover.
We are going to have Matthew Failor of the 17th Dog team here to talk with us for an hour about not just "Life With Sled Dogs," but "Life THROUGH Sled Dogs:" The why's of mushing in the first place, and what living through them means to Matthew himself.
As this show is new and most may not know me, I want to explain a bit more on what I mean by life WITH and life THROUGH sled dogs. Lfie with the sled dogs means everything from a personal bio to what the dogs are fed, and life THROUGH is going to cover the very basics of why we mush in the first place, to what these majestic creatures have taught us about living, loving and doing right.
The converstaion is going to be very from-the-hip in an "around the campfire" tone; As sled dog enthusiasts and mushers, we ALL have a story to tell, a new perspective to share and lessons to pass along, regardless of what size our kennels are and if our names are recognized throughout the community, or not.
Matthew has a background that spans tourism with the sled dogs, as well as racing, and has some fantastic perspectives to share, and stories a-plenty. I do hope you'll join us for this conversation!
On this first episode of Life with Sled Dogs
Cruzlin from Haven de Las Angels and Steven from Tuuluuwak Sled dogs will be joined by 2 young teenage upcoming mushers, Laquasha Reid Laviolette and Brady McConkey whom both have chosen the life of dog sledding through Racing and of Commercial touring...
We will talk about their views on the future of this sport, this business and their dreams attached to it as well, we will also be joined by Michelle Phillips both Iditarod Runner and Dog sledding tour Operator in the Yukon as well as Jeff King, 5 time Iditarod Race Champion..
This will be an epic and exciting show, don't miss it...
Host Charmaine Hammond interviews Nicole Forto, 17 years old. Nicole will be running in the Junior Iditarod starting on February 28 in Alaska. Nicole runs under the Team Ineka banner has a kennel of 36 sled dogs which she runs with her parents Robert and Michele.
"The dogs have taught us the right skills and mindset to transcend our conditions, and in fact utilize those conditions as a source of strength." ~ Liz
"They are such incredible teachers, the dogs show us the way to engage with our own lives for personal fulfillment, accomplishment and joy." ~ Barb
Liz Parrish, had three goals for running the 2008 Iditarod: train her own team, complete the race to celebrate her 50thbirthday, and have fun! Mission accomplished.
From a challenging start beating childhood cancer, other significant health issues, and zero sled dog experience, she devoted 10 years of her life to accomplish her dream.
Barbara Schaefer suffered a traumatic brain injury at her first sled dog race, resulting in a number of debilitating conditions. She devoted the next several years to healing through taking care of her dogs.
The focus and patience the sled dogs taught helped her face life’s challenges & gave her the perseverance to move forward.
Join us and hear how Liz & Barb leveraged their relationships with their dogs to find healing.
Join host, The Five Sibes Mom, Dorothy Wills-Raftery as she present 2015 Junior Iditarod finisher, Nicole Forto to The Sibe Vibe.
The Sibe Vibe is part of the Dog Works Radio Network.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (92 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (11 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (8 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (7 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (7 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (6 chatters)
- The Road Hawgs Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (6 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- alexas29 (5 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- DDP Radio (4 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (4 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- Incubi Incarnate Broadcast (2 chatters)
- 63489 (2 chatters)
- The Tea with Rie (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- REAL MEN SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Relax Let Go Be with Charles (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- Bobby Brown Bail and Beyond (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- ALL NATIONALIST NETWORK (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Hahn America Radio (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- Golden Spikes Live (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Dating Radio (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)